Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I would very much appreciate your comments on my Chicago bloods results, which seem to have found plenty of problems and raised a few questions about treatment options.  I am 43 and have had two miscarriages and two DE with no implantation.

NK Assay
50:1                                          21.6                  High
25:1                                          16.7                  High
12.5:1                                      11.3                  Normal
IgG conc 12.5 50:1                  9.5                  comes down to normal levels with IVIg
IgG conc 12.5  25:1                5.5
IgG conc 6.25  50:1                  10.6                  comes down to normal levels with IVIg
IgG conc 6.25  25:1                  5.6
%CD3                                      79.4                  Normal
%CD19                                    9.3                    Normal
%CD 56                                    7.8                    Normal
% of CD19+cells,CD5+            8.6                    Normal
Treatment: IVIg or intrallapids – considering asking Dr. Georgy to redo test to see how my NK cells respond to intrallapids – have you other suggestions/links to research to help make an informed choice between the two?

Cytokine Ratio
TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)          35.2                  High
IFN-g: IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)          11.4                  Normal
Treatment: two shots of humira?

HLA DQa markers       
Female  01020303i.e 2.1, 3.1
Male      01020303.e 2.1 ,3.1        a 50% match
Treatment: Intrallapids and parental  LIT?

LAD
Test was rejected. Results showed that male cells had a low % of CD3 cells and high % of CD19 cells which were outside the limits necessary to report the results. The Doctor’s Lab was notified and a redraw was requested.
Has anyone come across this? My husband has early chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, but has been told it is mild and deteriorating very slowly, i.e having no current treatment, just annual GP blood tests

We are planning back to back DE treatments in Serum JUNE/JULY at the latest, so need to make a decision about LIT very quickly – is it likely we’ll need it because of DQa markers anyway and can just go ahead with the first LIT before waiting for the LAD retest?
Has anyone heard of improved lining thickness after addressing immune issues? (my lining has always been thin)

Thanks for taking the time to read!

sandp

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
NK Assay
50:1                                          21.6                  High
25:1                                          16.7                  High
12.5:1                                      11.3                  Normal
IgG conc 12.5 50:1                  9.5                  comes down to normal levels with IVIg
IgG conc 12.5  25:1                5.5
IgG conc 6.25  50:1                  10.6                  comes down to normal levels with IVIg
IgG conc 6.25  25:1                  5.6
%CD3                                      79.4                  Normal
%CD19                                    9.3                    Normal
%CD 56                                    7.8                    Normal
% of CD19+cells,CD5+            8.6                    Normal
Treatment: IVIg or intrallapids – considering asking Dr. Georgy to redo test to see how my NK cells respond to intrallapids – have you other suggestions/links to research to help make an informed choice between the two?  ***I wouldn't think its worth paying £400+ just to do that test because it can only be an indication anyway - it can only look at what happens after 2 hours so it could be totally different in your body after, say, 2 weeks.  I think if I was you, I'd probably try intralipids, or else 1 shot of ivig and 1 shot of intralipids?

Cytokine Ratio
TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)          35.2                  High
IFN-g: IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)          11.4                  Normal
Treatment: two shots of humira?  *** yes, I think so***

HLA DQa markers       
Female  01020303i.e 2.1, 3.1
Male      01020303.e 2.1 ,3.1        a 50% match
Treatment: Intrallapids and parental  LIT?  ***yes, I would think so - but gorgy might suggest donor lit because of the match - but my hunch is always to go for paternal - except maybe in your case, if his leukocyte count is low, paternal might not be viable because he needs a good/normal B and T cell count to provide the B and T cells for the LIT - so you may have to resort to donor LIT?***

LAD
Test was rejected. Results showed that male cells had a low % of CD3 cells and high % of CD19 cells which were outside the limits necessary to report the results. The Doctor’s Lab was notified and a redraw was requested.
Has anyone come across this? My husband has early chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, but has been told it is mild and deteriorating very slowly, i.e having no current treatment, just annual GP blood tests  *** the male partner's blood needs to have enough T cells (CD3) and B cells (CD19) to act as target cells to test your antibodies.  I guess the sample didn't have enough T cells to do the test?  Is there any chance that the sample was maybe degraded e.g., it took more than 48 hours to get to chicago?  otherwise, I guess if his blood persistently doesn't have enough T cells compared to B cells to do the test, you could ask for the blood of a third party to do the test with (anyone at all who will do it for you).

We are planning back to back DE treatments in Serum JUNE/JULY at the latest, so need to make a decision about LIT very quickly – is it likely we’ll need it because of DQa markers anyway and can just go ahead with the first LIT before waiting for the LAD retest? *** I think that serum only favour LIT if LAD is low, regardless of your DQa - maybe its worth asking serum for their opinion - they do LIT at a much lower cost than in the UK and I THINK they have a method for 'culturing' the white cells overnight in the lab to try to get an improved cell count for LIT which might help you out?***
Has anyone heard of improved lining thickness after addressing immune issues? (my lining has always been thin) ***no, but its happened for other ladies after taking antiBs for chlamydia etc ***

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Agate from both of us, we always find your answers so clear and your advice so helpful. We'll have a chat with Peny asap and make some decisions. Hope your recent trip to Athens went well and will soon have a sucessful outcome!
sandp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts