Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directly after my ET, I was asked if I needed the toilet (by a nurse), I was bursting so I went, I have read that you should not empty bladder straight after ET, have I ruined my chances? Please advise, I am really worried.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, please don't worry. I also went straight for a wee after et and then was worried that I might have ruined my chances (although nurses said it was fine). But we still got a bfp. Try not to worry to much about things. Although I know it is so hard. I worried about everything,I was even frightened to stand up after et incase they fell out.

Take care and the best of luck

Lots of love

Emma xxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also virtually ran off the bed after ET straight into the loo (it was either that or wee myself on the table  :-[ ) although I was told to try and lie there for a few minutes.  However I was reassured by the embryologist that I couldn't 'wee them out' and I am now 36+3 weeks pregnant with twins so please try not to worry (although I'm sure you'll find plenty to worry about during the next 2 weeks - I did!)  Good luck  ^reiki^

Jo xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi Nazy

Don't forget that the embryos are placed in the uterus, through the hole in the cervix. My doctor told me to imagine a speck of dust in a jam sandwich and thats what its like in the womb. If you turn the sandwich on its side, there's no way the speck of dust will fall out. And when you wee, its your wee passage that you wee out of , not your vagina, so I don't think you have any cause for concern. I think your embryos are as safe as houses (or as safe as a speck of dust in a sandwich - funny comparison I know, but it made sense to me)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi Nazy,
I went for a pee straight after ET and I got a BFP, too.
The very best of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your 2ww.
Martha
xx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone who replied, I feel a bit silly now!

Denise x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Nazy30
Don't worry, I too went to loo straight after ET and still got a BFP.

good luck and I hope this is the one

Love lshack xx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Dont feel silly, i asked a REALLY silly question: - 'can i poo them out'!!!!  ;D ;D

You can only ask!!.

Good luck with your treatment.

Kelly xx

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi there i did empty my bladder straight away too after my ET from icsi as i was told to have a full bladder for scan. I was bursting after and went straight to toilet and i am now 18 weeks pregnant.
Please try not to worry it will not have harmed your chances.
I wish you every luck and baby dust.

mandyw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.