Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my pick up on Tuesday 16th and transfer of 2 embryos five days later: last Sunday, 21 st.

Will be having bloods on Tuesday and again Thursday but I could't wait that long!

To my amazement, on Friday, just 5 days post transfer I had a +ve line (using ultra senstive 10mIU sticks). In my last cycle, I got a much fainter line 2 days later.  

It's obviously a good start, but trying NOT to get excited as last time I went on to need an ERPC (scrape) for a "blighted ovum" a few weeks later.  Having said that, I can't help but think it could be twins, as the line seemed stronger, earlier!!

BUT, yesterday, I started spotting. Horrid brown-mucusy stuff.  Only slight but there to see and need to change panty liners.

Could this still be an implantation bleed, 6-7 days post transfer??  I know it's my fault for testing too early but I wonder if I've miscarried/will miscary, though hope if that's the case I might still have another left.  The line was still there this morning but no stronger than 2 days ago.

I suppose only time will tell and I just have to be patient but if you have any thoughts....please do let me know!

An anxious/excited/worried/confused Mandy

PS Also posted on 2ww board, sorry if you've seen it twice!.

·
Registered
911 Posts
hi mandy i am on day 10 and have had browny discharge (sorry tmi)  i rang clinc on day 7 and they said brown is fine and it could be old stuff from ec or ET or implantation dont worry unless its red easy said than done i know from what i have been told implantation can happen any where between day 5 and 10 also if you had pregnal then that can take 10 days to come out of your system  thats why they said to me not to test to early hope this helps also some people do still bleed in early prgnancy remember that to i did with my son

Kerry xx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Kerry.  Are you day 10 post ET? I'm day 7, but had transfer day 5 after EC (Tue 16th).  All  rather complicated, but we must have very similar dates!
My first pink line was 11 days after HCG so I hope it's out my system, certainly should have been by this morning, 13 days post HCG.  Good to know that brown OK! When are you testing? Mandy

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Mandy i had transfer 2 days after EC  which was 19th august
i test next friday 2nd hun not long n ow  i am 10 days past ET

i think its about 10 days for the pregnal to go out of system

Kerry x

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kerry,

Just to say that been thinking of you today and hope that you might have got a BFP??

Really hope it's not a BFN, it would be lovely if you could join me in the PG club.

Mandy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  :( I am so very sorry to hear that Kerry.
You must both be so devastated that it hasn't worked out for you.
Really hoping that you'll eventually have that sucess you both long for,
Thinking of you,
Mandy

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi,

I would keep an eye on the brown discharge, as it does not always have to be red with m/c or ectopic. I had a hetertopic pregnancy in March (concieved naturally which is v rare) and had brown blood to start with and then went red coloured at 5 half weeks. This was a m/c. Then was fine until a week later and had more brown blood, then red/prune juice coloured and had an ectopic. :(  But you get pain with it too, ie in shoulder blade if ectopic and cramping.

Saying that it probably is usual and i wish you all the very best. Fingers crossed.  Take Care.  Jo x

PS. Implantation bleeding is normally a pinky colour ?!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jo.
Will await scan, maybe one miscarried & I still have one left.  Blood levels are still going up OK.
Good Luck ,
Mandy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.