Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on day 8 or 9 or the 2ww (ticker is wrong). Yesterday evening I got mild af pains. When I went to the bathroom and wiped (sorry if TMI) there was a small amount of light brown staining. This experience was repeated several times and again this morning. This morning I put a tampon in for an hour and there was some brown gunk on that when I removed it.
Yesterday I assumed it was af but a week early. Quite odd as I have a pretty regular 26 day cycle. Normally within an hour of the af pains I get a heavy flow of red gunk, but nothing like that so far. Is it light because it is such an early af (and what would make af come so early?)? If it is implantation bleeding, is that a good thing? How long does it normally last? is there anything I can do at this stage to increase the chances of a BFP?
Sorry to ramble, but I'm going out of my mind here. This was so unexpected. I wasn't planning on getting obsessive about 2ww symptoms for a few more days yet!

Emma :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Emma

Im no expert, but I had implantation bleeding at day 6 of my 2ww (9 days after e/c) and I am now 8wks 1day pregnant.

Dont want to get your hopes up, but implantation can happen around now.  I also had a pinky/brown discharge and mild af cramps - which dissapeared after 2 days.

I would certainly not recommend using a tampon though just incase you are pregnant.

Good luck, sure someone will be along shortly to offer some more advice.

Kerri xxx

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kerri,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Looks like my excitement was premature and misplaced. The bleeding has got much heavier and redder, so I have to assume it is af, even if it is far too early and unlike my normal afs.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what damage would wearing a tampon do if someone was pg?

Emma

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Emma,

Most of my friends that have had a bleed on day 8 or 9 continued on to a BFP. Thats when they had just a little blood or brown discharge that lasted just 24 hours.

My bleeding started on day 12 with a full blown period and i got a BFN.

But everyone's different as we keep reading on all these posts! Loads of lucky girls have become pregnant whilst having a full bleed! (I had been bleeding 10 weeks non stop when i found out i was pregnant!, though sadly m/c)

Regarding the tampon, i'm not a nurse, so i'm not sure. I wouldn't advise using them again until you know the answer either way!

Good luck!

Emmak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.