Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^idiot^ please help i had et yesterday only had 1 embryo grade 2 4 cell whish is all good but ive noticed a littele faint blood (the type just before af) an i had the same just before et i have bad period pains is this normal could i come on so soon im on cyclogest also could this do this to me.i dont even know when my period is due. please help me ^idiot^

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi Lyndseylou

The faint blood you are noticing is very probably some from when they did the ec cause they use a needle to get at your ovaries and then puncture each follicle to get an egg. This will cause a little bleeding. It takes a good couple of days for this to disappear and is usually quite faint and old looking. Period type pains is completely normal. The cyclogest should prevent your period from happening but it doesn't always if your period is determined to come it will do. Your AF is due in 2 weeks and just like on a normal cycle it may come before or it may come after but we are all hoping and praying that it doesn't come at all.

^goodluck^

If you join this thread you can talk to all the other girls that are at the same stage in treatment as you

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=36631.0

Love
Bear
xxxx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Bear,
thank you so much for replying to my message.I was going out of my mind crying my eyes out.The thing is i had no bleed the day after ec it was the morning of et so 2 days after an is still happening now.I just know im gonna come on i can feel it,surely i couldnt come on this soon?
Anyway thanks for your reply I really appreciate it,your very kind :-[

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry I also forgot to mention as it is highly embarrasing but the morning just before et i was so constipated.went to the toilet and tried my hardest to go to the toilet(if you know what i mean) and it was then i could see the blood on the tissue.Could i have done somethin to the lining of my womb by doing heaving so hard?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi lyndseylou

It takes a good couple of days for the blood to show itself after ec cause it has a little way to travel so to not see it until day of et and afterwards is completely normal.

Straining too hard to go to the toilet will not have done anything to your womb lining the only thing it may have done is caused your bum to bleed a little bit cause you have pushed too hard but this will get better on it's own too. 

The 2week wait is the most horrible and stressful time of the whole treatment and it is easy to go out of your mind worrying about what you can and can't do to increase your chances.  The truth of it is that it is in the hands of mother nature. 

Your period will definitely not start this early after et.  The whole process you have just gone through simulates what we normally go through each month but we don't know so much about it.  The injection you took 36 hours before ec is the same hormone your body normally releases every month to make you ovulate the difference is that instead of the eggs being released from your ovaries to travel down your fallopian tubes they are taken out and fertilised for you.  et is timed to happen about the same time (a little earlier) than your embryos would arrive in the womb if you were getting pregnant naturally.  On a normal monthly cycle (without ivf) this all happens around day 14 and you either start a period or don't about 14 days later.  The timing is just the same with IVF so the 2ww is the same one that happens every month but normally we don't even think about it.

Lyndseylou the best advice I can give you is to try to relax.  I know it is nearly impossible but I think we should try and make our bodies the nicest possible place we can so as the embies want to stay  :)

Love
Bear
xxxx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:)thank you so much for explaining everything to me.It all seems a little clearer now to me.It completely throws you when you see a little blood an you have got af pains.Its all playing tricks in my head but now you have explained I will do my best to relax.I dont know what i would do without the help of this site and yourself you have been fantastic.
Hope this is all it is.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thanks again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh i am so sorry to bother you i know im haunting you but im still not convinced that my af isnt goin to arrive.the wall of my vagina is also contracting as if im going to come on.i can get these type of symptoms in a normal cyle for about a week before my period is actually due.is this normal or do you think its on its way ^idiot^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.