Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth
I am feeling a little unhappy with the advice i am getting from my GP. At the moment we have been classed as 'unexplained'. No one has suggested that i have a lap and dye to make sure my tubes are clear. In some ways i would like to continue to try natural methods - but what's the point if i know for sure that it's never going to happen that way. I had a mid cycle scan at argc and everything was fine (apart from a few cycts but he said not a problem at all) - i think he showed me the two openings to my tubes (would that be right?). If there were serious problems with the tubes (ie. blocked) would there be other things showing on this internal mid cycle scan that would indicate that?
I was thinking about going private to get this done as i feel exasperated with the nhs at the moment.
thanks
eva

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If you've had hormone blood tests done and dh has had a sperm test then I would certainly agree that a tubal check is the next step. It could be a lap and dye or could be a HSG which is a check done under x-ray control rather than having a general anaesthetic. You can't fully check tubes on a scan.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts