Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wonder if you can offer advice.

my daughter is 10 weeks old and at the mo I give her her last bottle at 9:30pm.  She sleeps from 10pm til 5am for another feed.

Just wondering if I should change her last feed to earlier at night once she starts to sleep longer through the night.

Am worried that if I change her bedtime to earlier that she will still wake.

Also is giving her a bottle before bedtime a good idea?  This is the only way she will sleep.  Perhaps phasing the bottle out when she is old enough to understand would be better?

Thanks.

ZoeA
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Zoe :)

Bottle before bed is fine.....Kitty still has one now and shes 17 months. It does help them to sleep especially when they are tiny.

I used to give her a late night feed until about 4 months i think.....omg, can't believe i've forgotten now!!! To be honest we just put her to bed one noght, didn't wake her up for it and she went right through til 7. I suppose it was around the time we started weaning.

As Siennas last feed is 9.30 you could try gradually making it earlier and see what happens,

Good luck anyway, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi Zoe,

I give Kara a bottle after her bath at 7pm/7.15pm (when Emmerdale is on  :))
then a dream feed at 11pm and she sleeps until 7am/8am.

Luv
Gail x

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice.

i fed sienna at 9pm last night.  she slept til 4:15am (the normal 7 hours she has).

I may keep the routine like this til hopefully one day she decides she doesnt need a feed at that time in the morning. once thats done i could try and feed her earlier.

thanks again.

zoea
xxx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Zoe

I used to give Siobhan her last bottle around 11pm, she would not drink much of it, but the other mums at the baby group I go to told me to try and drop the feed.  I did, now siobhan gets 7am 8oz, then next one around 10.30am, 2.30pm and last one 6.30pm (she has some solids during the day also) she sleeps through the night from 7.30pm till 7pm.

SUZ
XXX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.