Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I Had FET on the 22nd Nov and on day 10 had a very slight flash of blood. Have just been getting very very dark discharge ever since - not very often just a few times a day - sometimes very watery and other times thicker. Sorry I know this sounds horrid.

I have had a bit of cramping that comes and goes - sometimes really low down and other times on one side so been expecting AF to arrive. AF has still not arrived and discharge has stopped as of last night.Tested today as planned but got a BFN. My sis phoned the clinic who said that Cyclogest will delay AF but to carry on and test again on Wednesday.

I have 90% accepted that its over but a small part of me holds a little hope.

Help !

Love Suzie

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,

my first IVf I had BFN, and AF was delayed for 2 weeks after that due to cyclogest.  Nurses kept building my hopes up by asking me to do more HPT, but after 10days after test date  we all had to resign ourselves that it had not worked.  Sorry. Nx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi,
I had my IUI on 8 Aug (unmedicated apart from pregnyl 24h before). This is not my first IUI and all the times before, AF arrived between 12th and 14th day after Pregnyl injection. I have always had regular cycles of 30 days with or without treatment, which means that I am now 4 days late. I did a test today and it was negative, I have also had quite bad AF pains for a week and back pains all day today. Do you think I could be pg even though the test was neg.?
fiwi

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Fiwi!

I have also recently posted with the same query.
Had iui on 2nd July with light bleed for 2 days on day 14 and 15. HPT tests x 3 were neg- but AF is now 10 days late with cramps and severe bloating.
Went to my gp today and had HCG bloodtest but he said that it was extremely unlikely that I was pg.GP's pee test was also neg-.
Might be no harm to see your own gp if AF doesn't arrive soon.
The chances are that its hormonal changes due to treatment.
Good luck....

Misty

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Misti,

Af arrived today, I'm a bit down. I guess I raised my hopes up because I don't remember ever being late before :'(. Also I'm a bit nervous because so far I've only just done unmedicated IUIs and I am now going to start taking clomid and another 2 lots of drugs and I guess I'm worried about the side effects and the whole injections thing. I was so hoping it would work without all this.
Anyway..enough rambling... and thanks for your reply!  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi rach so sorry you got a bfn hun sorry i cn't help with your question but if it's the same as ivf my af was a couple of weeks later after i got a bfn

pam xx

G

·
Hi

Can anyone give me some advice. I had FET on 28th July and tested on day 10, 14 and today (day 16) and got a clear BFN each time. However there is absolutely no sign of AF. Has anyone had this?

I phoned my clinic on day 14 and they said keep taking meds and test again in 2 days. It's now Sunday so I can't call them to ask! I know that this is a BFN but this is hell waiting for the final confirmation. I can't move on.

Thanks

Angie

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi Angie,

So sorry to hear your news i can imagine u must feel awful, try not too worry to much as that can delay your period as your body is good at picking up stress signals.  I had my AF the day before i tested and i was completely devastated and i'm sure your feeling the same without it as it does not put closure.  My doc told me it can take up to 3-4 weeks for your body to get back to normal and for you to have a AF.

Ring your clinic and ask them if your still really worried, i'm sure your period will come along it just takes time to realise its back to itself.  Sorry i cant give u much information but hopefully it will put u at some ease.

Again i'm really sorry for your bfn, takecare and try not to worry i wish u every luck and babydust for the future.

Love an hugs shye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

G

·
Shye,

Thanks so much for replying. It's nice to get some feedback. I spoke to my clinic again yesterday and they explained that the medication I was on can sometimes delay your period. If I had known this I would have been a bit more prepared for that to happen rather than give me false hope for a couple of days! Anyway I had to stop the meds and hope that AF will arrive within the next week.

I hope you're coping with your BFN. I have good days and bad days and have decided to take my clinic up on their offer of counselling.

Good luck to you too - I hope you get the brother or sister for your son.

Angie X

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sorry to hear of your BFN and sorry, only just seen this post... ^hugme^

If you were on any progesterone supplement such as cyclogest then this can delay AF.

Each time I tested BFN (1 x ivf, 1 x natural fet) as soon as I stopped the cyclogest AF showed up...on first ivf it showed within the hour, on fet it showed the following day.  Some women find that they bleed before test day whilst others may find it takes a few weeks before AF shows...we're all different after all and will respond differently to the medication.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
376 Posts
hi all
just to let you know i did a hpt today and says no im not pregnant :'( .
there are no signs of af , no pains etc i feel lost now ..
will just have to wait now and see when the ^witch^ shows up .. then i can start clomid again .
i was not building my hopes too much ,just was happy i ov .[ a step closer ] .

anyway bye for now kitty x :(

·
Registered
880 Posts
^Cuddle^Hugs hunny

Sorry for your bad news and lets hope its a bfp next time.

Love shye xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi girls,
Just need a bit of advice, having had a  ^BFN^ in August I am still waiting for AF which is now 12 days late!!!!
Just wandering whether this is usual after ICSI, I have been assuming that all the drugs have made messed my cycle up, however the longer this is going on the more I can't help thinking maybe one of my embies has taken.
I spoke to my nurse today and she said that I might have a corpus luteal cyst. This hasn't helped as when I looked it up on the net it appeared to be common in pregnant women.
Has anyone had a really late AF after treatment???
I feel like I am going through another 2ww senario.....it's not a good place to be  ^confused^
Any help much appreciated girls
Kazza
^help^

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi Kazza

I can't give you any answers, mine was all too soon!! But I have read of others who wait a while - the drugs mess the system up sometimes and of course stress delays it anyway.

Have you done any more tests since? Have you continued taking the pessaries? xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Firstly have you tested ie used hpt as it's not completely unheard of to get pg immediately after failed treatment.

However, it's also not unusual for AFs to be a bit mucked up following treatment.  On most of our IVFs my cycles have been pretty much on time but on one of them I was quite a bit late (about 10 days I think it was).

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
113 Posts
My test day was 28 Aug and also a BFN. I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice just lots of  ^hugme^

I decided to try to track my cycle this month so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy lots of expensive HPTs if AF was late. All OV sticks were negative (mind you I did buy cheap ones  ;D) and then I tried using a saliva microscope. When levels of estrogen are higher your dried saliva produces ferning patterns. Had small ferns on 28th and 29th but none yesterday or for the week before and am hoping that this means that AF is on the way as estrogen can peak and fall again during the week before AF starts. Have sore boobs, occasional AF-like cramps and am really tearful too - very upset about Ben this week. I don't normally get sore boobs, not even when I was pregnant with Ben. I don't remember feeling my usual stabbing ovulation pains so suspect that I haven't ovulated this month.  :(

I hope AF comes soon (for both of us) all this waiting is driving us mad. Although I wouldn't say that I was stressed out about it, I just want to get started on our next cycle and have to wait for the AF after this one before we can book in.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hello All

I had my 2nd ivf last month which didnt work :'( I had my period 3 days before OTD :-\ :-\
Its now been 41 days since my last period, I did a hpt which was BFN (it was digital, so no room for doubt!). I have none of the usual symptoms that i get before period is due, ie, sore () (), pimples and headaches....which makes me think period is not coming any time soon.

Am getting really worried now - after my 1st failed ivf, i had no problems with my period at all.

Has this happened to anyone? Will my periods come back as normal? I know the drugs mess you up, but i wasnt expecting such a long delay. My usual cycle is about 29 days.

Mondane xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mondane,

I had my first failed IVF in Sept, my AF came before my test day.

My cycle is usually 30 days however it only arrived  yesterday at 52 days, I have read some posts and its very common to be very late after a failed IVF....

I know its heart breaking  ^hugme^

Good Luck For April  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kat xxxxx

1 - 20 of 72 Posts