Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've mostly been posting on the cycle buddy forum but wanted to put a general question out there...

I suffered from late onset ohss starting 6dp5dt (2) and was in hospital with fluid in my abdomen and under the ribs. It was pretty rough being bloated and breathless but as piredicted it meant a bfp for which I was really grateful! I have read that pg can prolong and make ohss worse but I have been steadily getting better over the last few days. I know it sounds weird but I'm worried about what this means for the pg  :-\ :-\

Have any of you got better from late onset ohss and carried on with the pg?

Any reassurance welcome

love soh

·
Registered
37 Posts
Typing 1-handed (wrong hand also!) so excuse short reply but yes had the same (though with OI) and also panicked like mad when the symptoms abruptly went, but all was ok and I'm sitting here breast feeding my 4 week old baby. Good luck! x

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was in hospital with same during my first ICSI. Was in for 10 days having fluid drained, finally allowed home and i was back at work within another week with no symptoms whatsoever. Of course i freaked out like you but everything was fine and there  was absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hope all stays ok for you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the replies guys but in my case it's a failing pg as the hcg is def dropping. Wishing u all the best
soh xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts