Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a medicated FET protocol. I was told to take my trigger jag - ovitrelle - on Wednesday (23/4) evening but the FET won't be until Tuesday afternoon. That's nearly a week after the injection. Has anyone else waited this long? Or does anyone know why this might be? Usually it was 48 hours after shot for transfer. The nurse said she triple checked it with the doc and that's what he wants. Why?  ???

Thanks,

C

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Hi hun,

Never had FET so can't really offer any solid advise but i'm thinking it may be because as they don't need to collect any eggs you've produced then the wait doesn't really matter.... also if you are having frozen blasts transfered anyway then it would be about the normal time that they would put them back after a fresh cycle??

Could be completlly wrong but didn't want to read and run. Loads of luck hunny  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sam xxx

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Sam - hadn't thought of that. I was worried that waiting nearly a week might mean AF making an appearance as would be a week after 'ovulation'. Wish the doctors were more available to speak to re their reasons!

Thanks,

Cat x

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Cat

They always calculate the likely ovulation time and then count on the age of the embryos and then put them back at the "right time" so your trigger shot is always 36 hours before ovulation (egg collection) and then if your embies are 3 days old they'll add that on as well. If 2 days then they'll add 2 days or blasts add 5 days.

HTH

Axxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts