(Nismat) Tamsin* & Karen - Clomid then DIUI - Testing 22 July ^2ww^

In between treatment

Heather* & Jo - Considering options

(Julesforgirls) Jules* - Donor eggs with partners eggs, then DIVF

Midnightaction* - Egg Share DIVF

Precious Cargo On Board ^clapping^

(Bagpuss1) Kerry* & Helen - DIUI - EDD 9 Jan ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Our Miracle is Here ^babycrawl^

Please let me have any additions/amendments to the above list :)

* = Partner having treatment

----------------------
Misty & Bunny - Wishing you loads of luck for test day tomorrow ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Big ^hello^ to you all.

Sending loads of babydust all around.

Love

Jayne x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi Jayne - you've forgotten me from the list!

I'm currently cycling as I started taking the pill for egg share with DICSI on Wednesday.

Thanks

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Misty - any news?? Have been thinking of you, and really hope that it's good news.  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hiya everyone, hope everyone is doing good especially in this ridiculous heat !!! :eek:

We have finally decided to go through the Lister in London and be part of their Egg Sharing Scheme, going for DIVF. :)

We have thought long and hard about this and although we think that IUI would probably be a good place for us to start, we are both really want to be able to be part of the Egg sharing scheme. Being a donor is a very important thing for me so IVF is the way forward for us.

We have our first consultation with them on the 28th of this month, and I have all of my blood tests this Thursday, so hopefully all the results will be clear , and they will give us the all clear to get started. I do get ever so nervous about these things, I always feel like it's some sort of test that I have to pass !!! ^idiot^

If they agree to us joining the scheme we have decided to wait until January to go for our first cycle, which although seems like ages away, is not all that long when you think about it. Plus it gives us time to prepare mentally and financially for taking this massive step !!  ???

To say it's all moving very fast is a very big understatement.  ::)

Good luck and positive vibes  ^reiki^ to everyone who is cycling right now  :)

Love
Sarah xxx

·
Registered
344 Posts
^pompom^ Hooray - good news from the 3rd scan today! The follie that was there at 10mm is still the same, but 3 follies have appeared on the right ovary - 13,14 and 15mm! Whey hey! Have been told to inject for 2 more days and go again for a scan on wednesday and then the follies will 'hopefully' be ready for the trigger shot and I can be basted on friday! Can't belive it!  :) Its because I wore my lucky pants I think!! Lets just hope the follies grow and that I don't produce any more, else there will be too many!

Midnightaction (Sarah) - Congrats on your decision - You must be getting really excited about starting. I know what you mean about all the tests - just hurdles to get through I suppose and make sure everything is ok!

Misty - Where are you? Thinking of you!  :)

Hope everyone else is ok,

Off to make an follie growing cup of tea!  ;D

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Herbaltea, great news about the follies  ^clapping^ Fingers crossed for you for both Wednesday and Friday  ^reiki^

Midnightaction - I really admire your decision to go with the egg-share programme. It's something I would have liked to do as I too would have loved to be a donor, but having reached the grand old age of 35, I'm deemed to be over the hill!

I'm feeling decidedly pre-menstrual which isn't great  ^eyes^. I think I've had more invested emotionally this cycle, so it's going to be a bigger disappointment if it doesn't work out. Thinking that it's probably going to be a BFN makes me even more determined not to try and test early. Just another few days to wait and see....

Some good (or rather great) news though is that I have a new baby nephew!  ^storkboy^ My sister had a little boy at 3am this morning, after being induced last night. It all went pretty quickly, and she is still in shock that it's a boy, as she was convinced that she was having another girl  ;D. He's called Lewis Mark and he weighed in at 4lb 4oz (which was actually bigger than they expected). She was suffering from pre-eclampsia, plus scans showed the baby wasn't growing much, which is why they induced her about 3 weeks early. Mother and baby both doing fine, although of course my sister is pretty knackered, poor thing. Can't wait to go up and see them both - possibly this weekend if they are up to it.

Where is everybody? It's a bit quiet on here at the moment..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tamsin - congrats on your nephew! Fingers very tightly crossed that you get oyur bfp this month. When is it you actually test?  ^reiki^

I have the last scan and hopefully trigger jab tomorrow - I've been feeling decidedly 'eggy' today and really hope its all stations go tomorrow! Is the actual basting really aweful? I've not actually got that far in treatment yet  ::) How long does it take?

Hope everyone else is well,

love Sarah :)

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Sarah
basting is fine, they say it should not hurt if you at the right time but i find it usually the nurse that makes it good or bad, i always a pillow under my bum to lift me a little and then it goes in just fine!

Can find a little cramp as the pop the catheter thru but not painless at all - not as bad as the HSG for sure!!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Herbaltea, my official test date is on Friday which would be 14dpo/cd29, but my cycle has been consistently 27 days long the last 3 cycles, ovulating on cd15, so I expect to get my period on Thursday if I'm out of luck again this cycle.
Re: the IUI, I don't find it too bad, but as Alex said, I think a lot of it is down to the nurse, and also down to how relaxed you are able to feel whilst having your bits poked and prodded! I found the last one a bit uncomfortable (that was down to the first speculum the nurse tried - as soon as she switched to a different one it was fine). I always get a small cramp when the catheter goes into the uterus, but it's literally momentary, and more of an odd feeling rather than a pain. As to how long it takes - that depends on how long it takes to get the speculum in situ and to find the cervix (e.g. it takes a bit longer if your cervix is tilted back). However, the whole thing usually takes 5 mins max, and then they usually get you to lie there with your legs up for a bit longer (even though the sperm aren't going to get back out through the cervix - I think it's more for the psychological benefit than for anything else).
Hope the scan goes well tomorrow and that you get your trigger.
Tx

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hi all,
Good luck Tamsin for 22nd (there should be a little icon for 'fingers crossed') and congratulations on the arrival of your nephew! See you on Sunday?

Good luck Sarah for your first basting, how exciting. Edith (who I consider to be a little sensitive about these procedures) found her bastings fine, a little uncomfortable but her cervix is to the left so this required extra large speculums to get it open enough to get a good view of the cervix opening, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, enough detail about that! We are slowly proceeding with the IVF. Edith is fully downregulated (natural system is totally switched off and she is menopausal) and started stimming last night (stimulating the ovaries to produce 10 eggs rather than the usual 1). She has scans on Monday and Friday next week to check progress. It's all going well with no delays from Kings, no side-effects and we are keeping really busy which is helping psychologically to not get too focused on this attempt (as yet!). I've also managed to avoid all daydreaming about E being pregnant which helps me.

All the best to you all
Mable

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello everyone!

Mable - Congrats on the ivf progress. Can't imagine what it must be like to produce 10 eggs - I feel bloated enough with 4!!

Tamsin and Alex - many thanks for putting my mind at ease re: the basting - I feel a lot better now! Tamsin - very good luck for your test day  ^reiki^

I had my final scan today - whey hey - 4 follies of 19, 17, 16 and 14mm! Blimey!! I have mild bloating and feel a wee bit nauseous, so have to drink lots of water to avoid ohss. The good news - great news - is that that basting is all set for friday! We have to do the trigger shot at 11pm tonight. Trying to not get too excited as this is the 1st go, but am really wishing and hoping for a bfp  :)

Hope everyone else is ok,

love Sarah  :)

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Mable - great to hear about Edith's progress with all the drugs etc & thanks for explaining the purpose of down-regging - I never understood what it meant before! So glad that there aren't any delays now, and I really hope for some good news from the scans next week  ^reiki^ BTW, I agree there really should be a fingers crossed icon - I don't like the look of the "reiki" one I just used, as with it's crossed eyes and straight mouth I think it looks rather sad!

Herbaltea - woohoo! So exciting that you are almost ready for your first go. I think that you just have to go with your natural feelings about the whole process - okay, statistically it's unlikely that it will work first go, but I think it's far better to feel positive that it is going to work through the 2ww, then to sit around feeling negative because you are trying to convince yourself to be realistic. And besides, there are quite a number of lucky people for whom it does work first time, and you could be one of them!

I'm feeling far less pre-menstrual today than the last couple of days, but my temp dropped 0.3C this morning, so I'm expecting my period will indeed arrive tomorrow. I feel pretty resigned to it happening now (although I'm partly just trying to ready myself for the disappointment). Must try and stop anticipating this stuff and just wait till it happens!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Mable, forgot to say yes, hopefully I will be there on Sunday, although if my sister (& Lewis) are up to it, we might drive up to Newcastle to see them, in which case obviously I'll be giving it a miss. Don't want to skip it though, even if it does mean waiting a little longer before we get to see Lewis.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Good evening ladies, hope everyone is doing good !!! :)

Herbaltea thats such good news about the follies and the basting on Friday , god you must be sooo excited, I know I would be, I am sending you ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and hope it all goes good for you :)

mabel Glad to see yours and Edith cycle is progressing along nicely , the down regging bit is the part I am least looking forward to , so I hope that section gets over and done with really quickly !! ^idiot^

Spending you both mega ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ as well

Nismat Congrats on the birth of your Nephew, Lewis is such a gorgeous name, I'll bet he is gonna get spoiled something rotten by his Auntie ;D

I have my fingers (and legs!!) crossed for you for your testing on Friday, Good Luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I am going crazy here already and I am only just getting started here !! ::)

For as long as I can remember AF has showed her wicked face every 24 days without fail, and has never once been late. Now obviously this month because I am waiting to get all my blood tests done (FSH/LH) she has decided to go all evil and not show up. How typical is that, she should of been here two days but still no sign of her.

Does anyone know if these tests which are usually performed on Day 3 of the cycle, can be performed on any other day in the cycle, or if it causes a major change in results. I am just worried bacause if AF shows up today or tomorrow then day 3 is gonna be either Sat or Sun so I will have to wait until Mon to test which will be either Day 4 or 5.

I don't really want to have to wait a whole other month to do these tests, so if anyone knows if it is ok to do the test on another day it would be greatly appreciated !!! :-*

Anyway must stopping stressing ;D

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
153 Posts
:( :( :(

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted since our test date on 16th, unfortunately we got a BFN again and needless to say feeling pretty low...
DP (Bunny) seems to be taking things a bit harder than me, today I was drying her hair only to discover that she was crying all the time..I just cant console her enough. Weve decided to take a break for August as we have 2 weeks hols planned and feel we need to chill out and come off the rolercoaster for a month.
Not sure where were going from here but will give it one more stimulated cycle before we make any new decisions. We had a very upsetting incident with the LWC as soon as we arrived for our last iui....putting us off the place!!

NISMAT: Wishing you the very best of luck on the 22nd...will be thinking of you.. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

HERBALTEA: Sounds like you've got a lot of healthy follies there, all it takes now is good timing and fate...I have a good feeling on this one....good luck.. ^reiki^

KRISTINA: A big congrats to you on your BFP...wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months ahead  ^congrats^

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone else, which I'm sure I have but just not back on track at the moment...wishing you all the very best of luck ^fairydust^
You guys are a truly great bunch and a tremendous support so keep it up and stick together  ^Cuddle^

Lots of luv and luck

MISTY & BUNNY XXX

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Misty - So sorry to hear about your BFN  ^hugme^

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
^Cuddle^ for you Misty and Bunny after your sad news

Hope you have a couple of relaxing weeks away in August, and take the time to enjoy yourselfs  :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Misty + Bunny - so sorry to hear your news - when I read the bit about Bunny crying when you were drying her hair I had tears in my eyes too :(. My thoughts are with you both. ^Cuddle^

Well we had nightmares doing our trigger jab at 11pm - we were both tired and it was a comedy of errors - dropping the saline, fogetting to draw up the liquid into the syringe etc etc. The worst bit was using a needle directly from the fridge - ouch! I think it all went ok though. I can't seem to think of anything else but ttc at the moment - is that normal? Dreading the 2ww - I will be a nervous wreck!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wow! I just found you gals. Can I join you please?

I joined this site last year and this is the first time I spotted this thread. I'm very, very pleased to meet you all. :)

I'm Gina, DP is Rae, and we've been TTC with one or other of use since Nov 03. We're going the SI at home with a known donor route. We initially started trying with DP but have since moved to trying with me for a variety of reasons that I won't bore you with here (unless you really want to know). I have endo and just yesterday was diagnosed with PCOS too, so I've started taking Metformin and may be moving on to Clomid in a few months if it doesn't do the trick. Fortunately we know our donor has very potent sperm as he has three kids of his own and has donated successfully to several other couples before us, so we've just got to get my body behaving.

I'll be scanned again next week as one follicle is looking bigger than the others and just might turn into an ovulation if I'm lucky. Our donor has been warned and is on call, just in case.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have found this thread.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gina.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.