Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Normally when you complete your forms you have to declare if you have been seeing a doctor and for what reason - dependant on the reason then they may put a clause in the policy to decline cover relating to that ailment.

My DH has arthritis and when this was declared they declined to cover him for this.

We are in a sim prediciment as looking to change policies but my financial advisor is a friend and therefore dont want him to know all the ins and outs (scuse the pun!) of our lives so he said to just put down on the form "refer to doctor" and they will make that decision.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had one hell of a problem getting life and critical illness insurance - I'm not kidding when I say it took about 6 months to sort it out.  The problem was because I have an ovarian cyst, which was only detected when I was having scans during IUIs.

I went mad with the company (Direct Line), and wrote a snotty letter saying how they were discriminating against me because I couldn't fall pregnant naturally!!  They did sort it out in the end, although the monthly payment doubled - nice to know they think I'm going to get ovarian cancer!!  I couldn't afford it in the end and had to go with normal life insurance, which had also increased because of the cyst.

All I'll say is - be patient!  And good luck!!

Kittikat

(PS We don't have get a raw deal, us poor women who have problems conceiving!!)

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
ohhhh thats so pants. cant beleive it!  :eek:

Im 26 and have been thinking about getting things like life insurance pension and will stuff sorted out, never entered my mind that if would count against me!.

:mad:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Summer,

I have 2, one with Norwich Union, one with Legal & General - both set up after diagnosis. The second was set up after the m/c and I just had to give very brief details. This is also despite life long back problems and both DH and me with depressive histories. My darling GP wrote a letter saying the depression was stress related and therefore could not be considered long term.

Fertility is not life threatening but you may need additional info to prove it won't affect your salary earning capabilities.

Good luck.
Cx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
D'uh, I meant Nikki, methinks I've been on here too long tonight  ;D

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Great, one more thing that is even more expensive for us!!! Hadn't even considered that this might affect insurance.  Had considered that it is now too late to think about private medical insurance but not normal insurance.

Am going to go and sulk now!!!!

sal

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Guys
I have a policy with Sun Life and had not even thought about fertility issues when I took out the policy as I was convinced at that time that I did not want kids anyway (self preservation walls) I did not even put anything down in the forms as it did not cross my mind, after reading these posts I contacted them yesterday and asked about it, as I had known about these issues prior to taking out the policy I have made a false statement of declaration  :eek: they have now got back to me after speaking to their underwriters and I have been told that my life insurance will not be paid out after my death if the cause of death is anything related to womens reproductive parts  ??? apparently this will include any cancers associated with ovaries etc, not only have they told me this but to add insult to injury my policy has increased by a further £105.86 per year as I am now in a higher risk catagory, no need to tell you guys where I have told them to stick their policy  :mad:
Dydie xx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Ladies,

you know I have never even thought about this.... in fact I had a problem with CIN1/2 a few years back and after they wrote to my GP it was allowed through and I also didnt have to pay a higher premium...

My advice to you is consider writing to the FSA and querying this discrimination... Infertility IS NOT life threatening and therefore should not be considered a risk!

I have been struggling for 9 years to get pg and have never had a problem with insurance companies  :-\. really girls i would start to kick some insurance  ^shake^ if I were you..

Debs
xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.