Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

What lifestyle changes have you made while ttc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I only ticked some because i dont smoke, so couldnt tick that and dont particularly drink much either.

Maybe you should do one who alternative therapies, ie reflexology. accupuncture and who got a bfp from doing it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I stopped smoking and drinking - also changed my job as I was working in a very stressfull environment which was quite pressurised, so transferred to a different department as I wanted to give myself as good a chance as possible.  Also lost a stone in weight before I started treatment

Love
Churchill

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I made 3 lifestyle changes:

1.  Stopped smoking (and haven't started again thankfully!).
2.  Took vitamins - Sanatogen Pronatal.
3.  Stopped drinking alcohol. 

Before ttc both Jack and Ben, I had already been on some sort of health kick anyway, and both times had been going to the gym 3 times a week and had lost weight for about a good year or so anyway.  So, each time, I carried on with what I was eating and my exercise regime as I sometimes think that making sudden drastic changes to your diet and exercise throws your body out of sync for a while as it's not what it's used to. 

As for the smoking side of it, when I had my first neg cycle, I had a scan done of my follies just before IUI and the doctor said that there was reduced blood flow. I planned to stop smoking in the 2ww, but stupidly didn't during the stims part of the cycle.  Anyway, for my second cycle I had stopped from about 4 weeks beforehand - the 2ww which lead to a neg and the 2 weeks leading up to my second IUI.  This time I had a scan which showed that the blood flow to my follies had increased 'dramatically' (as the doc put it).  I got a positive.  Don't know if stopping smoking was the reason, but I'm sure it helped.  The scans they were doing were part of a research programme at the time, so don't know what the conclusions were, but it's known that smoking hinders fertility so I think it's a must for anyone ttc, and believe you me, I know how hard it is to stop. 

I only ever really drank on a Sat night out before having Jack, never been one for in the house drinking, so that was easy enough to stop.

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I only ticked 2, cause I dont smoke and I dont drink either...
I dont take vitamins and I didnt change my exercise regime..

Stella xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.