Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm on day 11 of down regulation for ICSI and although my period showed up on Saturday evening it seems to be tailing off already. I expected it to be heavier this month.

Over the past year it has been fairly light (2-3 days then some spotting) but I put it down to the stress of all this, but now I am getting really worried it's a bad sign as I also didn't have many follicles on my pre-treatment scan.

The clinic said I wasn't menopausal as FSH is fine but these drugs and the whole treatment just make me so nervous of anything!

Can anybody advise me? I'm going  ^idiot^ today!!!  ;D

Heather

PS I should add I'm a regular 28 day girl

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Heather,

My periods are normally 2-3 days, with the second/third day being virtually nothing. I had previously been worried that I was menopausal but my fsh levels were fine as well. My womb lining was 3.7mm on baseline and then 7 something today at day 5 of stimms.

My main concern was that my womb lining wouldn't build up as my periods are so light (they are only light since I had my right ovary removed!), but apparently it being 7 already is very good for this stage, so try not to worry as light periods/thin lining during stimms doesn't seem to always follow. How many follies did you have pre-treatment?

Elle xx

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Elle

Thanks for your reply

I had 6/7 follies pre treatment and one ovary was behind the other so maybe it's a bit sluggish/lazy putting me in a similar situation to yourself.

I've calmed a little now I've reread the side effects of the Buserelin this morning when I opened a new vial - it had how I'm feeling down to a tee  ^idiot^ - basically a nervous wreck and not sleeping well...

This is fun isn't it!

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Buserelin is evil stuff  :( I'm feeling better since adding the stimming drug. I really feel sorry for anyone who has to stay d/r for longer than usual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts