Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Ladies, when i went for my acupuncture app the other day in harley street she said that they will be looking for a lining of 8mm at transfer day. When i had my scan today he said my lining was already 12mm. I now thinking will it be too thick before transfer day considering i havent even had my egg collection yet.

Do they measure you lining again after egg collection and before transfer to make sure it is all the right thickness before they do the transfer.

any help would be greatly appreciated

xxxx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi Laura

Yes, they do look at your lining before doing the transfer (there is a scanner in dungeon), although I'm not sure exactly what thickness they look for.

x

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hi Laura,

they are looking for >7.5mm I think and although I have trouble reaching that, I've never heard of a lining being too thick.  it all sounds good to me.

Best of luck,

Xx

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Laura

I'm sure my lining has been 15mm in the past - I think the thicker the better within reason.

Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment.

Poots x

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ladies much appreciated for all your help.
questions upon questions in my little head LOL x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
there is a FFers who had a lining of 20 mm and got pregnant, I think if it is too thick at the start of the cycle then there are problems as it hasn't shed probably but not usually is it has (hence they scan early) and then it builds up.
I have the opposite problem so can't really help never had a 8mm in 6 yrs.Also there has been a shift away from thickness to quslity ensuring that there is a triple layer in the shape of a  feather, and it is uniformed

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts