Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Peter,

I wonder if you can give me a bit of advice. I have just had iui (yesterday). My dp's count was 5 per field, does this sound ok ? He has problems with his sperm thinning out properly, this has been the case with all the iui treatments we have had. I have had 2 neg and 5 abandonded. 2 due to overstimulation, one as a polyp was found and removed, and 2 due to poor sperm samples. His sperm has improved slightly over the months and we are now taking m.g. vits etc. My question is, is there anything he can do to overcome this liquifaction problem and if not, does this mean we will never be able to achieve a pregnancy without help of some sort?

Thanks for your time Peter,

allison xx

·
Registered
856 Posts
allison said:
Hello Peter,

I wonder if you can give me a bit of advice. I have just had iui (yesterday). My dp's count was 5 per field, does this sound ok ?

Unfortuntaely this is very vague and typical of some of the relatively poor andrology at some clinics. To be honest I have no idea what this result means.

He has problems with his sperm thinning out properly, this has been the case with all the iui treatments we have had.

You should in that case collect the semen into media and prep in the lab will then be slightly easier.

I have had 2 neg and 5 abandonded. 2 due to overstimulation, one as a polyp was found and removed, and 2 due to poor sperm samples. His sperm has improved slightly over the months and we are now taking m.g. vits etc. My question is, is there anything he can do to overcome this liquifaction problem and if not, does this mean we will never be able to achieve a pregnancy without help of some sort?

I have to say that your treatment to date sounds rather erratic. It sounds to me like you need to have much more detailed andrology carried out to fully assess any potential problems and to suggest routes around the problems.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks for your time Peter,

allison xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts