Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lister mummys and mummys to be

Here is a new thread for you to talk anything, bumps babies related  :)

Happy Chatting  :)

Em

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Bookmarking so I can keep up with the BFP ladies  ^hugme^

·
Registered
896 Posts
What a fab idea!

Hope everyone is doing well, there's been a few BFPs recently & I can't remember who is where!

AFM - We had our 20 week scan on Tuesday & bubs is growing nicely, if we hadn't done the nuchal test at 12wks  we wouldn't have a clue that our baby has downs syndrome!  So guess it's best we know now. We've met lots of families local to us who have babies with DS, one family I think we'll become very firm friends with as our babies will only be 7 months apart!  I've also been contacted by the Daily Telegraph as they want to interview me about being pregnant with a DS baby... Still thinking about it.

Anyway, have got a bump now for sure & can feel bubs lots.

We also know we're having a boy! Can't wait to meet him.  20 weeks down, 20 to go!

Nicki xx

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well hello there everyone!

Thanks to Jo for organising this - would be good to keep up with everyone again.  Hope everyone is doing well - although could it be any colder!

Nicki - hope you got the email i sent you earlier - can't believe our luck just squeezing in there before the deadline.  Shame SB and I won't be seeing you tomorrow, but look forward to catching up in the New Year.
Can't believe we have reached the 20w already - seems to have flown by but yet at the same time has gone slowly....very odd.  That's great news about the families you have met - must be really reassuring.

Congrats to all the recent BFPs!

AFM - we had our 20w scan yesterday and all looking good.  Little One looks like a proper person now - was so cute when the sonographer went to look at LO's face as facing outward and did a big yawn!!!  Was a right little wriggler - she managed to do all the measurements and checks she needed to so that was good.

A weekend on the sofa is planned and some hibernating to do...........have a great weekend everyone....

xx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Ah bless, that's so cute! Our baby was sat with his hands underneath his bum, very funny!
Thanks for the email, I can't believe that I'm 1 day inside of the deadline for the health in pregnancy grant! Will come in very handy though.
xx

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Girls

Just wanted to say  ^wave^  and bookmark, I'll post properly when I get more time.

SB xx

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hello girls

Just wanted to say hi too and will post properly over the weekend!  Thanks to Jo for getting us organised with this thread!

Looking forward to chatting

Louise x

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi ladies

Just bookmarking and so pleased that I will get to find out all the lovely baby news now ! xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Jo - thanks so much. This is such a great idea.

I haven't had my 20 week scan yet, and now after hand sitting (awww) and yawning (eek), I'm super looking forward to it. And a boy Nicki!! Congratulations! Do you have a list of names, or even a decision? Don't worry - I understand that no one tells their favourite names - I think in case someone else manages to put you off it by the time you have to squeeze bubs out?

And I'm so jealous about the health in pregnancy grant. I just bought a swing coat (or rather DH did, bless him, for my Xmas present) as I can now only do one button up on my coat. I want that money for clothes!! So you lot better spend it exclusively on fruit. :p  If I hear a sniff of Seraphina or Isabella Oliver, there will be trouble.  ;)

Any other gender news from SB? Gerbs, you sound from that post like you don't know? Or are you keeping it to yourselves?

I have a bit of a disgusting infection that is linked to miscarriage and pre term delivery - but only the very lowest grade of it (BV, if you've heard of it), so the local GUM clinic (oh yes, what a lovely week I've had - I can't tell you how weird I felt sitting there with the 17 year olds but me with the bump) said they wouldn't usually treat it, my GP said it was up to me, and the midwife (of course) told me to get treatment as "it would harm the baby". Thanks for those reassuring thoughts, there, love. Anyway, as treatment is antibiotics, and my GP, who actually did some research, bless him, tells me that the evidence on the effect of antibiotics is equivocal (doesn't seem to change risk of bad outcome and in some cases seems to prompt bad outcome), and there isn't any evidence about BV causing, rather than just accompanying bad outcomes - I decided to give it 10 days and see if I could shift it by (TMI alert  :-[ ) washing with just water in that particular area ( :-[  coughs) and eating loads of live yogurt - GUM people think this will work. So wish me luck, as the fear of something bad happening this late is driving me slightly mad. Going to ante natal day centre (didn't know this existed until GUM people told me, too late!) for next test on Thursday.

And my other saga is with the Lupus Clinic who want to stop the clexane at 20 weeks... Am going to see if I can get it privately on Monday at the Portland. He he he. I will have my way. Anyway, I'll save the story of me fighting with the Prof for another time!!

And hallo Canucks Rock and Louise! Right, back to the X factor, although I thought it was Madonna night.  :'(

xx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello lovely ladies  :)

Thank you Jo for setting up this thread...a marvellous idea!

Congrats Nicki on your 20 week scan and a little boy..how fantastic. I'm also so pleased that you have met up with other DS parents. What are you going to do about the Daily Telegraph? Also well done for getting the Health in Pregnancy grant I too am very jealous!

Suesunday I know what you mean about buttons on coats! I had to wear Tom's ski jacket the last few days in the snow as mine didn't fit me anymore!!! I bought a cheap swing coat from Primark (it doesn't look like a Primark coat... well thats what everyone says!!!!!) I thought it would do for the meantime.

I'm just over 16 weeks and am HUGE! I have ben for ages. I think its due to all the medication I've been on. I've had quite a few scans. The nuchal scan was fab and took hours. Tom wanted to know what we were having ( i didn't!!) The Sonographer believes we are having a little boy but it was really early days when he suggested that so he may be wrong! Everything seemed to be fine with Baby Bell (Tom's surname is Bell!) so we didn't go ahead with the amnio so fingers crossed everything will be ok at the 20 week scan.

I'm still getting loads of nausea but I think this is because I'm weaning myself off steroids. Is anyone else still nauseous??

Sorry to hear about your infection Suesunday... I hope it goes away without you taking antibiotics. Why do lupus clinic want you to stop taking clexane at 20 weeks? What did the Lister suggest?  I have factor v Leiden and have been told I must take clexane all through my pregnancy and continue for a bit after Baby Bell born.

We've just had a new kitchen fitted and it's fab. We now have a dishwasher which is the best thing ever...no more washing up arguments! it's not quite finished yet...no tiles and no floor but its a functioning kitchen and we love it. Tom and his bro in Law fitted it. I'm a teacher and had 3 snow days last week wahooo! which was bloody brilliant so all I've done for the last few days is make tea and coffee for the workers and get the lunch and takeaways!!!

Anyway I'm babbling now!
Lots of love to you all hope you are all well

Sprout x x x

·
Registered
300 Posts
hello bfp girls, it's nice to hear about you. We have been missing you!
(brava jo!)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sue - Wow, sounds like you have alot going on at the moment! I was on Clexane till 12 weeks & that was enough for me! Love the sound of the coat, I was in New Look yesterday & surprised by how nice their maternity bits were. I got some 'bump belts' x 3 for £9.99 & was also admiring their coats at £22 each. Ended up in Gap getting a little Denim skirt & H&M had some fab woolly maternity tights too! So much for my Christmas shopping!

Sproutcat - I just love Primark! Well done on the nuchal scan, that's when all our 'troubles' started, but so glad we know now.  Am still thinking about the Daily Telegraph but think we'll do it. It was the Downs Assiociation who put them in contact with us so know we'll be well looked after.

Hi everyone else!

We have named bubs & are keeping his name to ourselves, but it's lovely thinking of him having a name already! Lots of movements going on too - If I rub/tap my tummy he kicks, then if I tap somewhere else he kicks there too!
Such a clever boy!
xx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ah I love this! So couldn't resist popping back to say hi to Lolina and Sproutcat.

Spoutcat - I was huge straightaway too. Maybe because I was a 8/10 before and the treatment and mother nature had nevertheless given me a little tummy anyway. It's so nice to be able to wear dresses and not have to worry about my stomach! I can even wear clingy nightdresses - never in a million years would I have attempted that before. Very interesting to hear that you're on Clexane all the way through. That is the usual protocol for clotting issues, and what I'm going to do privately if I have to. The Prof: "other hospitals do that because they are following us. And we are not doing it anymore. We have a study that shows you don't need it after 20 weeks. It's published in an academic journal." Oooh, an academic journal. Must be right then. Please. Credit me with some sense. One study versus what I know works. Um. Think I'm going to go with what everyone else does, thanks very much.

And was also still a bit sick at 16 weeks. But much much better now. Still can't do cheese sandwiches though!

And Nicki - having thought about it, Dominic Lawson, who was the editor of the Sunday Telegraph, famously has a Downs daughter - Domenica - named in that bonkers way that family has of calling the daughters after the fathers regardless of whether it really works. See Nigella. So I imagine the Telegraph group would still be very well intentioned when it comes to covering DS. (God, I'm frightened of posting this now, in case Domenica or Nigella is top of anyone's name list. Gulp.)

xx

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hey ladies, lovely to see you chatting away here, and I'm loving hearing all your news :) 

Just a quick one for Sue (other than to say I'm hearing you re boys names for girls!)... I've been travelling down the immunes road and have had my tests with Dr Gorgy.  I have MTHFR (mo fo) heterozygous, which is v common and the single gene mutation.  Anyhow, he recommends having clexane 'til 31 weeks during pregnancy, on the basis that things can still go wrong after week 20, but if you stop at 31 weeks, then the baby's big enough to come into the world without needing ventilators, etc.  You could always get a prescription and then inadvertently lose it (ahem), then get another one  ::)

xxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just wanted to come on and say hi to everyone and thanks for setting up this thread. Am 13 almost 14 weeks with twins! I am huge too despite losing nearly a stone with horrendous morning sickness. Am still just eating crackers and drinking watered down juices. My poor teeth will be destroyed! My dh is being great doing everything around the house and trying to keep the food/ cooking smells to s minimum.
Take care everyone in this bad weather.

Xxx x

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Wanabamum, nice to hear from you!
That's pretty awful for you still with the morning sickness but sounds like DH is being a star!
xx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Girls could I just ask when did you all stop using cyclogest? I am due to stop today but am a little apprehensive!! :-\

Thank you

Sprout x x x

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was on Gestone till 9 weeks but was then swapped over to cyclogest which Dr Wren said to take till 12 weeks. I was told it's not necessary after that as the placenta has taken over the producing of progesterone, I think that's right anyway. My previous clinic told the Bfp girls it wasn't necessary after the 2ww... I'm sure you'd be fine to stop now though. xx

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi ladies

Its lovely to hear all the news from the ladies with bumps.  I'm a bit behind you all, but trying to keep positive!

Nicki - glad you have met some local families and feeling like you have some support.  Very impressed you have managed to decide on a name already.  DH and I have very tentatively discussed a few - seems too early to do it properly - but I think we may have difficulty deciding on one we both like!

Wannabemum - surely your sickness should ease off soon?  I have been feeling really sick, although doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as yours. Sadly I haven't lost any weight because the only time the sickness eases is when I eat.  This has led to a lot of snacking!

Sproutcat - new kitchen sounds lovely.  As does lots of takeaways!  Did you have your nuchal scan done with the NHS?

Suesunday - when is your 20w scan?  And have you managed to clear that infection the DIY way yet?

Hi to Gerbera, SB and everyone else  ^wave^

I had my 9 week scan today.  Had been feeling OK about it as have had lots of sickness, huge boobs and sore back, but then started spotting this morning.  Anyway, junior was fine - measuring 27 mm, so about 2 days ahead in growth terms.  Its amazing to see the difference between the 7 and 9 week scan!  Felt quite emotional saying 'goodbye' to the Lister.

A couple of questions for you all:

1.  I am still taking clexane, gestone and crinone.  The gestone is really wearing thin now - thankfully I have quite a bit of extra padding on my bottom, even so, its still so painful some evenings.  Do I need to take them all up to 12 weeks?  Some of the nurses have said 9, some say 12.  One asked me to ask my GP.  And when you stop, did you phase out gradually?  I know SB did this, just wondered what others did.

2.  I am contemplating an additional private scan at 12 weeks, partly so I can have it before Xmas.  I am 12 weeks on 21 December but my NHS scan isn't til NYE.  Has anyone else had private scans then and did they think it was worthwhile?

Louise x

·
Registered
896 Posts
Louise - I did Gestone till 9wks swopping to cyclogest & Clexane till 12 weeks. Not sure what Crinine is?!

Congratulations on the 9 wk scan! I only did the NHS 12 week scan as couldn't afford to go private but some of the others did both. Just so you know if you decide to do the nuchal testing/combined screening (for downs syndrome) the private clinic check for more factors & you will get your risk back the same day, where as it's a 7 day wait on the NHS.  Both do a good job though!

xx

1 - 20 of 442 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.