Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, @BroodySingle I'm cycling now, and would be nice to have some cycling buddies here. I've just had the baseline scan yesterday and started the injection stimulation, although I started the nasel spray around 10 days ago. Want to keep my hope up!  ^pray^ :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
That’s great news ocdm19! You must be super excited. Is this your first round, or have you cycled before?

It would be great to have some cycle buddies. It’s a super lonely process, magnified ten fold when you’re going it alone so it’s great to be able to chat to others also going through the same experience.

I’ll be 2/3 weeks behind you. My AF should arrive on 10/03 so hopefully I’ll be having my baseline in about 3 weeks. It’s really dragging getting to the baseline scan.

One of my biggest fears is that I won’t get any eggs as maybe I’m not ovulating anymore so was super happy when I got high fertility on my Ovulation test this morning! 😅

How do you find the Lister?

xxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, @BroodySingle. thanks for reply. I am trying to keep up hope but also manage hope. as this is my 4th  :( I 've made several changes for this one so hopefully there ll be some difference. You are still young so time s on your side. I'm 39.5 ~~ more stressful. Congratulations on the Ovulation test. Is this your first try with Lister? I found them okay. In terms of the system it is a very well oiled machine and the system works very smooth (nurses, scan, dr.). I have no complaint, but also no extraordinary story to tell. I chose them through my research on the forums, among the top rated clinic e.g. GHRC, CREATE and Lister I chose to give it a go. Sorry it's so neutral  ;D

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hello ladies
I’m just jumping on the thread to ask if any of you lister ladies no if they have stopped treatment due to co vid 19 I wasn’t sure
Thanks in advance
Kirsty xxxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, @Chriskirsty I have just been there on Saturday for blood test. Asked the same questions. They seem to be running as usual. However the nurse did say that they less encourage start new cycles due to that the hospital and staff all need to be standing by, in case of a call from NHS they ll have to stop the IVF service (as the hopital and staff would be used for treating the covid-19), other than that the hospital will be running. I think the best way is maybe you call the nurse to discuss your specific treatment plan, whether it's going ahead or not - then you'll know it for sure ;) good luck. I noticed that there are much less patient around/waiting room quite empty. And that the chairs in the waiting room have been pulled apart to over 1meter in distance, so obviously some measures have been taken.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi

Anyone at the Lister recently? Have they started new cycles?

I am planning for an FET but not sure how the situation with coronavirus is.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi, I'm not currently going through treatment there, have two babies from Lister cycles though and follow them on Instagram. They put up a post to say that there was a new update on the website.

https://listerfertility.co.uk/clinic-re-opening/

Good luck with the FET.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hannahdaisy I thought you were going to say you were cycling again!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Haha, imagine that! No, not yet ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yet???

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
;)

My partner has decided that she would like to try and carry. She was back and forth about it for a while but I said that it's not something that you want to ever regret. So yes, maybe in another year or so we'll start, probably aim for similar timings/gaps again. Fingers crossed all will go smoothly. We have 1 of my embryos and 4 of hers frozen so hoping we can just do FETs.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
HannahDaisy - love this xx

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hello lister ladies
I have recently been through a failed fet at the lister with a 5bb blastocyst,, my other embryos are a 4bb and 2x3bb can I ask you if anyone ones knows the difference in cost in transfer 2 over 1 embryo
Thanks 😊
Kirsty

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think it’s the same.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Ladies!! Can anyone give me some advice regarding waiting times to cycle at the Lister please? If there normally is a waiting time that is?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey there, not sure what the times are like if using any sort of donor but if not needing donors they practically have no waiting times. Everything always happened without unnecessary delay in my experience with them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks very much for responding. Good to know there doesn't appear to be a waiting time! :) We've already bought donor sperm from a bank the Lister accept so that should be straightforward. I tried to phone them today but it looks like reception is closed until Monday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Ladies

Well we've taken the plunge and we've booked a consultation with James Nicopolous (?) on the 7th! We've got AMH tests booked tomorrow (locally) and if the consultation goes well we'll travel to London in the next fortnight or so for some further tests. I'm quite nervous but excited ish. I feel like we've never seen the back of a fertility clinic (NHS) for the last two years and we've lived in hope but fingers crossed this is a more promising path.

I've had 6 iui (all bfn - age 32-33)
1 x IVF (2019) 4BA transferred and other 4 blasts did not meet NHS freezing criteria. Lost womb lining 7dp5dt
1x IVF (2020)  3BB transferred and 2 x day 5 frozen. Lost womb lining 7dp5dt.
1x FET with extra progesterone and clexane (private prescription) Chemical pregnancy.
I have also had a karyotype test and the results were normal.

We're thinking of using/freezing my partners embryos and possibly opting for the three cycle embryo freezing package. I guess we'll see what the recommendations are..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
A bit of a long shot considering how quiet this thread is but thought it was worth a try!

We've already had success at the Lister and now have a 3yr old and 1yr old from cycles with them. One cycle was using my partner's egg and one was using my egg, I carried both times.

My partner would like to carry now, was thinking this summer but looking more likely that it'll be next year now so plenty of time to get things sorted. Just a bit concerned as she has very heavy and painful periods. We wonder whether it could be endo but she's never had any tests or anything. I wondered whether anyone has gone to the Lister and told them this and what their suggestions were? Not sure if they'll want her to do any tests before the FET and whether they're likely to advise going through the GP, which will obviously take longer.

Thanks in advance!

221 - 239 of 239 Posts