Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ivy, on my first treatment they only got 4 eggs, 2 fertilised and they put back on day 2, 1 @ 4 cell and 1 @ 2 cell, it worked  :) although it turned out to be ectopic :( , it proves you must not give up hope.  Sending loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Take care
Love Ambar xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Sorry to have to start the weekend with some sad news.... AF arrived last night :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  I thought I was doing ok given that I have had a couple of days to prepare myself for this, but today I feel like S**T.  I think no matter how "prepared" you are for the worst, it still hurts so much. What gets me most is that when we did the IUIs I lasted ok until around the time of the test date, but both ICSI cycles when we know there are DEFINATELY embies in there, I only last a week - its like my body cant get rid of them fast enough.  Whats wrong with me? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thank-you all so much for your support - it has helped get me through the last couple of days and gave me strength to keep a little hope alive....  I dont know what our next step will be - I feel ready to just take a month off and have another try straight away, but both dh and I are thinking about changing clinics so that might delay things a bit. 

I hope the rest of you are doing ok.  THANK-YOU again for all your support.

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh Olwen that is awful. You have been a real source of support and inspiration to other people on this board. It seems so incredibly unfair.

It might well be a good idea to change clinic. Would you be looking for one nearer to you, or just one with a different aproach? I have vaguely been thinking of ARGC, but it is further way from my home than Lister.

I really hope your dh spoils you rotten tonight. If I were you, I think a very large glass ofwine would be in order, along with lunch or dinner somehwere nice.

I understand how you feel about your body letting you down. Why does something that happens so easily for most people cause us so much heartache?

Thank you for all the support you have given others.

Love

Ivy

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Olwen

I am so sorry.  Take some time to prepare for the next cycle whether at the Lister or elsewhere.  sometimes the urge to change clinics is not that helpful as you have to wait etc but only you know how you feel. 

sending you lots of love
Helena
X

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Oh Olwen, I'm so sorry to hear this.

^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Olwen.  :'( Really sorry to hear this.

Big hug for you, I think.

Totally understand your urge to change clinics - I felt that way after my miscarriage, but decided not to. Sometimes it's just so flippin' frustrating you feel like you want to do something - anything - different just to give it a chance.

take care of yourself and let you and DH spoil each other a bit before you decide what to do.

Ironically, my AF arrived today too, which is good news. Who said this fertility business was simple eh!
So I'll be phoning them Monday to arrange my FET cycle...scared witless, still trying to work out the logstics of how I'm supposed to do this without work stressing me out, but I'm sure I'll work it all out - somehow. Eeek!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Olwen, I'm so sorry it didn't work out this time: one of the cruellest things with all this is that at the time when the bad news arrives we are drugged up on progesterone which makes me weep and throw things even when in normal pmt quantities.  Take a little while to pamper yourself (can recommend gin and tonic in hot bath) and don't make any decisions until the cyclogest wears off.  Good luck for your next cycle.

I'm going in for defrosting and (fingers crossed)transfer on Thursday afternoon. 

Best wishes to all.
Pointy

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Olwen
I am so sorry for you and DH.  This whole IF thing is so unfair. Go back and talk to the Lister - the follow up is free if booked within certain time, so at least see if they can offer some answers.  You and DH keep hugging. ^hugme^

Good luck with the defrost and transfer Pointy.  Thinking of you ^reiki^

Fee - how you doing hun?

Love Jakex

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Fee - just seen your post on the 2ww, where I've left a message for you.  You are a truly amazing person Fee. Thoughts and prayers to you and family.
Love Jakex ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi girls -

Thanks Jake.  We are absolutely devastated by this negative. We were so hopeful this time. WHAT a birthday present  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Must be my worst birthday ever.

Olwen - Saying "I know how you feel" - goes without saying really. OUr first IUI at the Lister I was 5 days late. No - 4.  Both times I've had GOOD embies in, I have not made it to test day. This time AF arrived on cd 25 - 3 days before test day. As you say, it is as if my body can't get rid of them fast enough.  Really really sorry for you and your dh love.

Ivy - Choccolatti, who I cycled with this time (Jan/Feb cyclers) had two embies put back, both with bad fragmentation. She got a BFP over the weekend!  Stay hopeful hun

Love to all
Fee xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I just wanted to say a HUGE thank-you for all your support.  I usually feel so isolated by all this IF stuff - most people dont know anything about what we are going through, and even those that do can never REALLY know how it feels.  So having you all here sending your support has meant the world to me and has been a great comfort. 

Fee - my heart goes out to you.  This is so so so so so so so damn hard and unfair.  Especially after your amazing discovery of having two blasts to put back instead of one.  Must have doubled your hope, and must also double your heartache now.  I am thinking of you.

Lots of love to you all and especially to you Fee.
Olwen xxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh Fee, that is so disappointing for you, especially afer finding the second one. And on your birthday. Will you get any answers? Hope your DH is spoiling you.

Thank you for your words of encouragement to me. It means a lot. We all have different ways of coping with things and mine is to be pessimistic from the start to prepare myself for disappointment. Silly I know, and I don't do it consciously, but think it is my way of protecting myself.

Olwen, am thinking of you and your dh.

Pointy, all the best for later this week! I am really hoping it goes well for you.

Out of interest, has there ever been a Lister meet, or are too many of you far away from London and just travel in?

Love

Ivy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Olwen & Fee, just read your posts, its so unfair  :( ,no words are ever going to be enough, sending you   ^hugme^^Cuddle^ ^hugme^
Take care
Ambar xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Olwen and Fee

I am so so sorry that you are both going through this nightmare... it's just so unfair - I'm sending you big big hugs (((((((hugs))))))).

Love Ange xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Oh Fee.  :'(
It's all very cruel. Can't really add muc more but to say I'm very sorry this wasn't to be. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Ivy. I don't think we've had a Lister meet, no. Might not be a bad idea one day though. I think most of us live fairly close by, but I know some come in from a way away.

I'm going for a baseline scan at 9.45 tomorrow to start my natural FEt cycle. Anyone likely to be there?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Caz - good luck with your FET. 

For those of you who actually live in London there is a London Girls meet which I have been to twice.  If you are interested in meeting up (and no-one wants to organise a Lister Girls meet) then why not come to the London Girls one.  The thread is in the Meeting Places section and the next meet is 21st Feb so you have a couple of weeks to begin to get to know everyone before then.  I really recommend it - its a fun evening and they are a GREAT bunch.

Hope everyone is ok.  Love to you all,
Olwen xx

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fee, I am so sorry it didn't work.  Sending you a bit  ^Cuddle^

love Helena
X

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fee- I'm so sorry.  This IF stuff is just awful. 

Pointy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Fee and Olwen,

I am so sorry to hear the news from you both, I wish I could say something helpful.

Big hugs to you both  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Jo x

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.