Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Good evening

How exciting it's all happening!!!

Amber - I am soooooooooooo happy for you, great stuff.  Now you relax and let those little ones snuggle up.....I will try hard to catch up, will be great to have support on the 2ww. 

Caz - please please try to get some sleep tonight! I feel nervous for you just want those little frosties to get snuggled up safely with you.  I will be there at 12.30pm so I will look out for you all.

Come on body surge surge...........

Nite nite

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Ambar - wonderful news that transfer went ahead!  Masses of luck  ^reiki^

Caz - good luck for ET tomorrow  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ and delayed answer to your question: yes you can get thaw anxiety!!!!!  Try growing them from day 3 to day 5 and them not making it till day 6, I was a wreck especially as we did it on the quiet!!!!!

Jo (Shupa) - welcome back with your unwell but fixed pc!  Hope af has arrived for you so you can get your first scan in!

Pointy - how was today's scan?

Dukey - my gynae consultant really said about 3 hospitals and the Lister was one of them so we went with them!  Good success rates etc and we liked the "feel" when we went for our consultation.  Good luck deciding.

Olwen - good luck to you for your next move  :-*

Donna - good luck for your trigger if you don't surge before!

Ange - your building work sounds good, together with the weight loss!

Jo (Willow) - welcome over here!

Ivy - so sorry about your bfp and then your loss.  The same happened to me on my first couple of goes.  It's so incredibly hard ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).

Jake - how you feeling?!

Love to you all
Sue
xxxxxx

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fingers crossed Ambar and good luck today Caz  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love to everyone else

Helena
XXX

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Hi girls
Not good news.  BFP did not last long.  Started to bleed Sunday evening and by Monday afternoon, I knew it was all over - clinic called this morning to confirm blood test. :'(
Best way I can describe how I feel is 'down, but not out'.  More frustrated and determined than upset this time.  We have to take a positive from this in that we now know that we can achieve implantation and a BFP.  We got over another major hurdle, but our journey on this rollercoaster continues.  We've booked follow up with Jaya and are planning 'what next?'
This weekend I shall have a glass of champagne and get to ride my new bike for the first time (weather depending). ^excercise3^

Good luck Ambar, Caz, Donna - thinking of you all.
Hi to everyone else ^reiki^
Love Jakex

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh Jake, I am so so sorry.... I know exactly how you're feeling and want to give you a big hug.

Take care

Ange x

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh Jake, I'm so so sorry, its so not fair, good for you taking the positive attitude, to have implatation is a big step, nearly there and with Jaya's determination you'll be there soon.

Sending you loads of  ^hugme^ make sure the bubbly is after your bike ride!

Take care
Ambar xx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jake,
I'm so sorry: that's such bad luck.

You have really great guts and attitude: one more positive thing to throw in is that every time we have a cycle that doesn't work, it's a sort of practical experiment from which things can be learned.  You have learned this time that there's nothing to stop implantation which, as Ambar says, is a really big step.

I'm always really amazed and impressed by how brave FF people are.

Good luck with your next cycle.

Good luck everyone having transfer this week.
Pointy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jake, I really do know how you feel. Your attitude and optimism are an example to me. I am thinking of you and your dh at this time.
Jaya was lovely to me when she called me with bad news. It was a great comfort to me to have someone so sympathetic to speak to. Have follow up on Monday with Dr Ogunyemi. Not met him before.

Ambar and Caz, really hoping all went well today. Feeling very excited for you!

Thank you all the rest of you for your kind messages. Had a long chat last night with a friend who has had a much harder time than me. If she can be positive about the future then I definitely can!!

Love to all

Ivy

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Oh Jake!  :'(

Really sorry to hear your news. Goes without saying that I know exactly how you're feeling too. Down but not out sums it up perfectly. Big hug for you. Remeber we're here when you need to rant or rail. I think it's a shame that there are so many of us that really do know how you're feeling. We've not had much luck between us lately, have we?

Big hug for Ivy too. You sound a bit more positive. I'm glad to hear that. There'll be good days and bad days; that's all I can say. Does get easier though.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes, however no good news from me either. ET didn't take place today. My embryos thawed out nicely yesterday but then didn't divide overnight. In fact they went backwards and down to a three and a two cell. We waited until lunchtime to see if they would pick up, but no do, so no transfer. I didn't realise how attached I'd got to those little bits of DNA sitting in a petri dish in a hospital in Chelsea, so I'm a bit narked off and upset today.
Was very unsure what to do. They did say to arrange a follow up, but I can't see much point as everythign went fine until that point. Just luck of the draw I suppose. In a way, much better to find out they were not viable before putting them back, than get two weeks down the line and find out. See - I'm being philosophical - I can do philosophical!
Anyway, I'm going to phone up the nurses tomorrow and see if I can get everything organised for another fresh egg share cycle ASAP. Couldn't face that conversation today but I feel that if I wait I'll probably chicken out and buy a two door sports car instead (hey, nothing says "Child Free" like a two door sports car, does it?! ::))

Ambar: Wishing you all the best for your 2ww. Incidently, how does that work out for you? I worked out that (had I had ET today) my AF would have been due before two weeks was up? I guess you can get away with early testing with FET then?

Love everone else. Down but not out yet (keep talking me out of the sports car!)

C~x

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh Caz......that is awful.  I am sorry for you. You are right that we have not had much luck between us. Am hoping to see a few more BFPs soon, hopefully Ambar can get the ball rolling.

By the way, do the Lister normally let you try again straight away? Am worried that Gerrida (the nursewho said we would not have to wait) got it wrong and we do in fact have to!!

Ivy

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Ivy: When I got a negative on my first cycle I was able to start my second cycle straight away. In the end I did had a month's gap, but this was only because it took a little time to match me with a recipient as I egg share. Had I been not egg sharing, I'd've gone again straight off.
When I had my m/c afetr my second cycle I was told that all I needed to do was wait for one natural period and I could start again.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jake - I am so sorry to read your news.  Like so many others I know how you are feeling and you WILL get there.  You have shown that you can get pregnant and the outlook is good.  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^.  After our second m/c, I sat in Sam Abdallah's office and cried and cried and he said the same to us - you will get there. 

Caz, ditto to you.  I am gutted for you and hope you get started again as soon as you're ready.

We need some positive news soon girls and fingers crossed it will come to each and every lister girl!

Love Helena
XXXXX

·
Registered
79 Posts
Caz, its just not fair, sending you big ^hugme^, I really admire your positive outlook and know that your time will be here soon.  As for the sports car, you can get a good deal on convertibles at the moment, however when the summer comes to pose in it you'll be with bump!  ;)

Thanks for your best wishes, test next Sat, day after AF is due, lets hope I get that far.

Take care, love
Ambar xx 

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I wish there was some different news on here today  :'(

Jake - masses of love being sent your way (((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))).

Cas - I don't know what to type to you.  Incredibly unfair life is.....................  :-*  :-*  :-* (I know someone who did 2 seater in her 2ww she was convinced it wasn't going to work and it did!!!).

Ivy - Dr Ogunyemi is lovely, he's known as Tunde (first name) and he's a really big bloke with large hands!  :)  He inspires me with confidence and has done most of my transfers and collections, I tend to see him or Dr Thum or Jaya! and yes you normally can go ahead straight away.

Love Sue
xxxxx

·
Registered
672 Posts
Caz and Jake,

Feeling sad for you both. Don't know what to say to help really, but hope you both feel better soon.

I had my scan today and am ready to start stimms. They wanted me to start on the same dose of Menopur that I was on last time, but I responded so badly then and I told them I wanted more. Luckily they agreed. Feeling the strain today, hormonal and grotty. DH is away again this week, probably just as well for him I think. I will be back next Tuesday at 10 if anyone else is going to be there.

Having major pc problems still, spyware on my system, and I struggle to get it going most of the time. Apologies if I am not keeping up with everything here.

Jo x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Caz - this is just not fair - I am so sad to read your news.  :'(  What happened to you is also my biggest fear with my final 2 frosties. I find it amazing the strength that we all seem to have, we keep getting knocked down and somehow gather ourselves together to carry on with our dream. It will all be worth it in the end - for all of us.

I know what you mean about the sports car - i had exactly the same thought last week - saw a lovely Peugeot 206cc and then thought that it would be typical that if I were to buy one, then I'd get pregnant!!  Yeah, as if!!  ;)

Take care

Ange x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Just wanted to send some big ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to Caz and Jake.  Thinking of you both.

Also to let you know that I am going to take a break from this thread for a while.  We had our follow up at the Lister yesterday and basically we were told its just a case of keeping on trying - it might work eventually and its down to pure luck.  They said that the reason AF keeps arriving so early is because my body already knows that its not pg, probably due to the embie quality and that they never make it to blasts so they can implant.  We've put the decision of where to have tx on hold and decided to investigate a few things first.  So I just wanted to let you all know before I disappear for a while.  Thanks so much for all your support.

Lots of love and best of luck to you all,
Olwen xx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Caz,
Sorry to hear that your transfer didn't work out. It is amazing how attached one gets.

On the sports car: buy it.  On my first attempt (the one where I got lucky) I went straight from transfer up to Harvey Nicks and spent a fortune on clothes for a thin person: I never wore them but the magic worked.  I also booked a holiday to Egypt.

Not normally superstitious; but this IF nonsense does funnny things to the brain....
Pointy

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jake - really gutted for you, I know the pain you are feeling right now, sending you a big hug ^Cuddle^

Caz - just can't believe none of this is fair.  Glad to hear you are looking forward.  Mmmmm.....sports car...can't get a pram in the boot :)

Ambar - how are you getting on, going stir crazy or not too bad.

Shupa - good for you for standing your ground - really hope you get loads and loads of follies...but not too many...

Well, transfer is Monday not feeling too hopeful considering all the bad news we've all had of late.  Let's hope we get some good news soon to help pick us up.

Lov Donna
xxx

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.