Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

natrlie - just lots of love and hugs coming your way ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) so sorry to read your sad news.  I haven't done the nutritionalist thing but have done accpuncture (best embies on that cycle, which is the cycle Chloe was frozen from)

dissyissy - nope not sorry I asked, was just intrigued (cos I'm nosy!).  Welcome home to the Lister though........ and good luck!

Caz - gutted to read your news too.............................. god I'm sorry.  I can like natrlie empathise with great cycles and then bang........

lots of love
Sue
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Ladies

;D Well today is a good day!! I had my scan with Alison and I've finally been given the go ahead so I am officially a stimmy!!!

The Prostap worked so I'm officially downregged! They have matched me with the recipient and I should hopefully start the injections on Tuesday!!  :)

Oooh another two weeks or so and I could be in the TWW!!

I had all the best intentions of looking for an orange badge today .......... but there was only us and another couple there!!

Willow
xxx

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi guys

haven't logged in for a few days so lots to catch up on

First, Jake,  Caz and Natalie - sending you biggeest  ^Cuddle^.  I know how devastating and frustrating it is but hang on in there and focus on the next one. 

Can totally recommend acupuncture to support the tx (apologies if you're already doing it) but other than eating odd things like pinapple and more protein  ::) I haven't done the nutritionist thing. 

Welcome Dissyissy - good to see you back

Good news Willow - fingers crossed for you and also sending lots of  ^reiki^ to Ange and Dianne.

Hi to everone else - you all know who you are now so sorry for not listing individually but I am shattered!  Sienna is doing really well and is smiling and laughing her head off at the moment.  Today she was arm-wrestling on a play mat with another little girl and laughing as I bollocked the dog for stealing her sunhat!  She is not a big feeder and clearly hasn't inherited my appetite!

lots of love

Helena
XX

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jake, Caz and Natalie, I'm so sorry, this whole thing is such a struggle and so unfair.

Caz, like you I have textbook cycles with lots of eggs and nice blastocysts; but they don't implant.  On the last (ill-fated because it was ectopic)cycle I had PGD, where they check the embryos for abnormalities and rule out those with problems on chromosomes 13/18/21/X or Y, which are known to account for a lot of implantation failure.  I had a lot of abnormal ones and (oh god I hate staying positive sometimes) my ectopic pregnancy did at least show that a normal one could implant.  I don't know how old you are: I'm (OMG)40; but if you're in your late 30s it might be worth discussing when you go for your follow up.  At my age I also take quite a lot of comfort from the fact that it makes it v unlikely that any baby would have Downs etc.  I'll definitely have it again if I have to do another fresh cycle.

Apparently my body has recovered from the ectopic (I could tell when I reverted to my usual patterns of bad temper (days 14-15 and 21-25ish)!!! and I am going in tomorrow to have my last remaining embryo put back, if it survives.  The downside with PGD is that the embryos do not much like being frozen after biopsy, although once all the abnormal ones are discarded there's not often much left to freeze.

Good luck to everyone: there seem to be a lot of us now!
Pointy 

·
Registered
79 Posts
Evening girls

We are still in shock  :eek: from our first scan this afternoon, we have two little ones with feotal pulses and are going back for a scan on the 21st to hopefully see their tiny hearbeats  ;D  I'm only 6 wks so its really early days, must keep a sensible level head but we are over the moon ;D  It really hasn't sunk in, have to keep pinching myself, lets hope the little ones like it in there and want to stay. Wow

Take care
Love Ambar xx

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear all

Ambar Congratulations on two WOW WOW WOW i bet you wanted to leap of that couch wonderful news :) ;D

Pointy
Best of luck for tommorrow i hope your embryo is ok ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Willow Glad you have finally got lift off :)

Helena
I love your stories about Sienna How did you chose her name it is lovely

Caz , Jake , Natrlie, Babydreams hope you are all coping with your loss

Spirit How are you doing have not heard from you lately

Ange special thoughts for my 2ww buddy

Hi to Fergie , Sue and Scout and Dizzyissy and anyone i have missed

I have gone into denial my early test day 8,9 are all neg and i am getting my head round this slowly
feel af will come early so already focusing on review and my next step
My son has a big exams tomorrow so helps to divert me which is a blessing

love to all
Dianne xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Willowisp - please pass my love to Allison and Liz when you next see them!  Really glad it's all systems go go go!  ^reiki^

Helenab - really glad Sienna is doing well, she sounds adorable!

pointy - wishing you tonnes of love and luck for your embie and for you tomorrow  ^reiki^

Ambar - mega congratulations!!!!!  ;D  ;D

Di - good luck to your son for his exams tomorrow.

Ange - thinking of you.  ^reiki^

Love to all
Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
12 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS AMBAR!!!

^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Pointy - wishing all the best for today, my thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Girls

Pointy - wishing you loads of luck for today ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Amber - YEHA!! Two how wonderful, make sure you rest over the next few weeks, you so deserve this news after such a long and difficult journey.

Not up to much, getting bigger and feeling sicker.  Went to a chinese doctor to see if she could help with the sickness, she did accupressure on me....not helped yet!!! Although I haven't had a migraine since Monday..thank goodness :).  I am off to Aberdeen to see the family and can't wait to see them all.

Hope the sun comes out for you, have a fab weekend

Donna

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi ya Lister Girls, ^wave^

Amber, bless you how exciting, sending you lots of best wishes for a happy pregnancy.

Pointy, best wishes to you thinking of you dear.
Ang & Dfuller, good luck with your test results you can do it!  ^2ww^.

Caz,Jake,Natrile,babydreams, hope your heart heals soon, and you are finding piece each day.

Willow, good luck with your stimming, lots of follies for you dear.

Meachmont, hope your sickness improves dear and you get rid of those headachs.

Hello to Fergie, Sue,& Scout & Dizzy Lizzy and anyone else I have missed...

Just a quicky on me, still taking the pill, have my scan on the 20th June to find out is I can down reg, and to see is my lining is okay and no cysts?

Is anyone else on the Pill at the mo, we all seem to be at different stages ???   

well best wishes to you all and sending lots of  ^fairydust^ .

Luv and Hugs
Spiritxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear Ange

My thoughts are with you for testing tomorrow
from you 2ww buddy

:) i hope for you
Love Dianne xxxxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls!

I’m counting down the hours until I test tomorrow morning – just a little bit nervous! I’d like to thank all of you for your best wishes – it’s a lovely feeling, knowing people are thinking about you.  :)

Ambar – twins - what wonderful news! You must be over the moon!  ^cloud9^

Dissyissy – welcome to the thread – good luck with your tx!  ^reiki^

Willow –  great news that you’ve started stimming! Good luck!  ^reiki^

Helena – Sienna is gorgeous – can’t believe she’s 3 months old already!

Caz, Jake and Natrlie  – thinking of you all – hope you’re feeling better as the days go by  ^Cuddle^

Pointy – hope everything went ok with your ET today  ^reiki^

Dianne – it’s your turn next!! This second week really drags doesn’t it?!  ^2ww^

Donna – hope the acupressure works and you can start enjoying your pregnancy

Hi to Scout, Sue, Babydreams, Spirit, Donna, Shupa and anyone else I’ve not mentioned.

Ange x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls

BFN for me this morning I’m afraid. This doesn’t get any easier, even though I'd tried to gear myself up for it - still feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

We’ve discussed our options and decided that we’re giving it one more go before going for adoption and we’re going to try IM in Barcelona, where the donor waiting list is very short. At least I can feel positive that I’ve got something to focus on now.

Ange x

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh Ange, ^mercy^

thinking of you and sending lots of (((((((((( ^hugme^))))))))), hope your heart heals soon, and the road to recovery is not to painful my dear.

luv and butterfly hugs
Spiritxxxx

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ange, 

so sorry for your news,
it does not get any easier i think perhaps it gets  harder to cope with negatives even when we think we are prepared it is still devastating

Glad you have a plan re IM Barcelona, i also know IVI have a short waiting time

Love Dianne x  :(

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Just wanted to say to Ange, thoughts are with you ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))).

Love Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Aw Ange  :'( I kind of got the impression when we met that you were gearing yourself up for the worst and had a plan of how to proceed, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with does it? I'm absolutely gutted for you and I really hope that Spain brings you your much longed for miracle. ^hugme^ for you. We'll meet up again soon and drown our collective sorrows down the pub or something.

Dianne: Your turn next. Really hope you can bring some good news to this thread.

Willow; how did you get on? Are you ready to start stimming?

Ambar; Fab news about the twinnies. I have a friend on last years May/June buddies thread who is expecting twins and I keep scaring her with horror stories from my mum (because she had twins - me and my brother!) I may have to share them with the twin mums-to-be here too!.

Pointy; In answer to your question, I'm 33. Apparently I'm at my prime as far as success with IVF goes. Hah!  :-\. Because I've been egg sharing I only end up with about five or six embryos anyway so I'm not sure I have enough to risk PGD. Having said that I'm not even sure that I'll be having any more treatment beyond a FET cycle with my 3 frosties. We didn't have a lot of cash to do this with to begin with and that's pretty much all gone, along with my hope and belief in the dream. Part of me kind of just wants to get the frozen cycle over with so I can just get on with doing something totally different with my life (i.e. becoming a naked belly dancer is Marakesh or something equally sublime). Part of me is thinking "Don't be stupid; you've never let anything beat you before, you're certainly not going to let this beat you." Well...I'm booked in for a review on Tuesday. If they can give me any answers or suggest anything that might bring me more hope of success I may well change my mind (again  ::)) and go for another full cycle when and if the funds recover.

Lots of love, especially to Ange.
C~x

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Ladies

Ange, I'm so sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you and your DH  ^hugme^

Caz -  ;D yes I'm officially a stimmy, got to wait for a phone call from Michelle on Tuesday to see if I can start the injections then its on from there!!

I've got a question for you all - I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since New Years Eve which is coming up to 6 months, aren't I a good girl!!  ^pompom^ However I'm due to go to a wedding on Saturday and everyone will be drinking  Do I have one or not, by then I should be stimming, would it cause problems if I did? I want to have the best chance I can, so I suppose I should stick to my no alcohol rule?? What do you think ladies?

Thanks

Willow
xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Willow; on this cycle I went to my brother's wedding on the Saturday before EC (my trigger jab night). I had a small glass of champagne and half a glass of wine...ok...NOT a good advert for drinking! :-[
On my previous cycle I went to a wedding during my 2ww, where I drank hald a glass of champagne. I got a positive result that time, so I'm sure that a toast to the bride and groom would be perfectly in order.
As for the rest of the evening; you can do one of two things. Either be the designated driver (and therefore have an excuse not to drink), or you can pretend to drink by getting yourself one drink and carrying it around with you all night (occasionally sipping a bit or pouring it away...either that or just get yourself something that could easiy be mistaken for an alcoholic drink ("vodka" and lemonade is my favourite pretend drink) and start acting steadily more and more inebriated as the night goes on.
I used to be the reknowned p**s artist in my family and group of friends (I was the one who'd always get wasted and do something utterly stupid that everyone would be laughing about the next day) so my giving up alcohol would have been a bit of a dead givaway (not to mention sent everyone into catatonic shock). Hence my giving up has been a well thought out and cleverly constructed process of deception and well honed acting skills. There are still people close to me who do not realise that barely a drop of alcohol has passed my lips for nearly two years. And it's amazing how amusing watching drunk people is when you're completely sober. I never knew what I was missing out on!

Anyway; go to your wedding and have a good time!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.