Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi all

Willow - good luck decision making!

Melanie - hello and welcome to the Lister thread!  I'm to the west of Brighton, how about you?  I never had dates for ec or et until nearer the time because they tailor it depending upon your own tx.

Ange - poor you and your ankle, what a nightmare!  Hope your scan on Tuesday goes OK and masses of luck.

Jo - OMG how much going on in your life!

Di - sounds like your son is testing the ground to see what he wants to do, and the reality is he doesn't know!

Tobyleroni - don't worry, I would expect you to remember to say hi to him for me!  Enjoy your hols!

Ruby - hope your visit goes well to the Lister!

Nicola - great news for you!  Fantastic!  Good luck.

dissy - give the Lister a call and see what they say, that way you know for sure!

Feisty - hope the 2ww isn't too bad for you!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi girls

Well it's all over for me at just 7 days past transfer. I started spotting last night and AF is here in her full glory complete with clots.

Clinic want to test a week today anyway but can't see that there's any hope.

I'm totally devastated as so is ds - he trashed his room and sobbed for ages.

Loads of baby dust to everyone.

Claire xx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Claire

Sorry about AF  ^witch^ evil cow!  Maybe you should trash a few rooms too - it might make you feel better!  ^hugme^

Ruby

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear Claire

I am so sorry for you and the dreaded AF arriving so early
It is just horrid and so devastating

Take care and do look after yourself and your DS, poor love 

I think the clinic will always advise testing as planned.

Love Dianne x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Claire, huge love to you and yours, just to say thinking of you.

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Claire - I'm so sorry to hear your news (((((hugs)))))

Ange x

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all,

Claire so sorry to hear your news  ^hugme^

I justed wanted to also post my update and to have a silent scream, which appears a little ungenerous sometimes so I apologise.

I went for a scan and blood test today expecting to go in for EC Monday only to be told it will probably be Wednesday or Thursday. So I was booked in for another scan and blood test Monday. Then I got a call at 17:00 to tell me to go in for a blood test at 08:15 tomorrow as EC could now be Tuesday. This means me getting a train at 06:40 tomorrow - aargh is this the bit that gets stressful, the not knowing?  

We are trying to be really cool about it but my step-daughter of 7 has just arrived to stay for a week. She is expecting to go to Center Parcs on Monday and wants to know when we are going, what we are doing at the weekend etc etc. It is fine to be flexible with just the two of you but rather more difficult with a young child who is not supposed to know anything about it.

I think I can now agree and see where the roller coaster comes into play.  

Anyway now I have the rant off my chest I am off for an early night, having already down 3 trips to London this week!!!

Take care and best wishes,

Melanie.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear All

Melanie hope all went well today re blood test and that you managed to keep your step daughter happy ! i would imagine you have a few more trips to London next week! ^Bubble Gum^

Ange scan tuesday ...................Spain is getting closer how is the POP !!!!! on the leg ! :)

Claire i hope you are ok

Hi to Tobeyroni hopefully safely on her hols before stim begins :)

Dissyizzy hope you sorted out re pill and sniffing etc I should be gald i do not have to do all this pill and down reg thing i would be soooooooo confused Do not worry about ringing the nurses i am sure they would prefer you to ring if you are not sure :)

Willow hope you are progressing with your decision re clinics

Hi to everyone else
You will all be pleased to know had my first run ( well slow jog after 5 weeks off the road) on friday since this last cycle started i really missed the exercise i believe i do my best logical thinking when i am running
All ready for my review on tuesday !!!! ^Bubble Gum^

Thinking of you Nuala with your review soon too :) re next step

Had some really good news a Lister Girl posts on another web site had PGS in JUly 7 of her 9 embryo abnormal and 2 ok replaced BFN 2 and 3 weeks post ET and returned to live in Canada and email today to say no AF retested a week later and is BFP says from the cycle at Lister this was her 5th attempt and she is 41 so there is hope for us all :)

Hi to everyone else and i hope you all enjoy the weekend hope we have sun :)

Love Dianne x

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone,

Dianne - great news from a Lister Girl. It is nice to hear that at 41 we girls are not past it ;D

I have been to the clinic this morning, they anticipated doing EC Wednesday. HOWEVER, now the blood test results are back I am going to have to "coast" - how long for I don't know ??? The follicles are doing really well but I am like a barrel around my tummy :-[

Dianne - you were so right re my clinic visits this week, I am back to the clinic again tomorrow for more of my blood to disappear. And so DP and step-daughter have gone to Center Parcs and I am on my own! :(

I kinda am wanting this to be over this week really as I took a sicky last week and am holiday this week. It is just sooo impossible to plan anything.

Bye bye for now and lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to everyone, for those in treatment and those with decisions to make.

^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

Melanie.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Hi everyone

Melanie - sorry to hear you are having to coast - any idea why?

Dianne - thanks for the positive story, its really nice to hear stories like that.

Claire - so sorry about your  ^witch^ It really is worth testing though, you never know.

Feeling down this morning. a colleague just announced she is 3mths pregnant. She said her DH and DDs are so excited, but she isn't bothered. Felt like slapping her stupid fat face and telling her she doesnt know how luky she is. I still feel like someone has punched me in the stomach everytime I am told they are pregnant, and then feel bad cos I should be happy for them.

Anyway, the good news is that I started DR today. I didnt call the clinic to confirm pill and sniffing, but then called them today just to make sure.  Finally started, yippee  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^banana^

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all,

It has finally arrived - EC will be Thursday 1st ^banana^ ^pompom^

Dissyissy - I was being coasted because my oestrogen levels were too high and I was at risk of OHSS if they did the EC. Apparently my levels had risen to over 18000 yesterday from over 9000 on Saturday! I went back for a blood test this morning and they have now popped back down to 11000. I had kinda guessed as I felt so rough yesterday.

I have to do the trigger injection tonight and as DP is away, I will have to do the injection on my tod ::)

I am glad things have kicked off for you Dissyissy but I am sorry that you are feeling down. When my sister-in-law had my niece I actually couldn't see her for a year, first because they live a long way away and second I just couldn't bear to see a baby as I had been using Clomid and trying soo hard! :'( Anyway that is all in the past and even if this doesn't work out I am a lot happier now than I was. At least we are trying to do what we can. ^Cuddle^

Take care everyone,

^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

Melanie.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls

Just a very quick me post. Lining was 10.2 mm, spoke to clinic and ET is on Saturday. Mad dash trying to find flights – not the cheapest time to be flying on a Friday! Anyway, all booked so now the nerves have really set in!!  :eek:  :eek:

Ange x

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi everyone

Ange OMG..........................Saturday how exciting so pleased that everything is going to plan i hope the time flies for you love such a long journey to this point ^reiki^ ^reiki^
My orange bangle definitely cannot be removed now !!!!!!!!!

Ange when do you get to know re eggs etc and do they keep you informed on the donor progress during stim ??
Is the POP still on ????

Dissyizzy At last you are getting going god i am not surprised that you are frustrated, try not to be too hard on yourself , I think when we want something so much then it is really hard to see others not valuing the gift as we would i think it is bound to be challenging to deal with, to say the least :mad:
I really do believe that pg women seek me out two very young pregnant girls in supermarket today that i just kept passing aisle upon aisle and for some reason i found their behaviour very irritating, mad or what
i do not try too hard to understand my reaction to these situations as often there is no sense, but i work very hard, now not to kick myself too hard when i am disappointed in myself for not being a better person :)

Melanie Glad your blood levels are responding to the coasting and that EC finally has a date enjoy the drug free day tomorrow wed and here's to lots of lovely eggs :)

Just to let you all know both my consultant and i survived my review today after my last neg result 10 days ago and agreed my best cycle to date re eggs and cell numbers etc so hard to give up on my own eggs and will keep going for now :) Just need a bit of luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^reiki^

i am going to see if i can purchase (on ebay)a dose of luck for us all to get some BFP on the Lister thread ;D
failing that i think a bit of superglue applied to each embryo before transfer to aid implantation ^idiot^

Hi to everyone Claire and Nuala, Willow, Sue, Ruby,Jo, Fergie and anyone i have missed :) Hope you are all ok :)

Love Dianne x

^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
hi

Dissyissy - yiippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on the d/r! hope all goes OK!  Think your colleague just doesn't understand how difficult having babies can be!

MelanieE - please take lots of protein, cranberry and water!  This will keep OHSS at bay as much as is possible, when I've cycled my fresh cycles have always resulted in being coasted!  Hope the trigger has gone OK!  Masses of luck for EC on Thursday!

Ange - absolutely brilliant news!  Hope your flight to Ceram goes smoothly but the transfer even smoother!

Di - glad your review went well and that you're prepared to go again, any idea when you'll start?  Good on you for running!

Love Sue
xxxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dianne – the donor has EC tomorrow so hopefully I’ll hear then – they haven’t kept me informed of how her stims have gone – they just told me yesterday that she’s a very good donor with proven fertility and that she’s ready for EC. I had my ‘pot’ off yesterday!!  My friends laugh at me because I say ‘pot’ – it must be a northern expression – I have to keep saying ‘cast’ down here so that people understand me! Now I’ve got a moon boot thing on which I can remove in the bath – I’m still having to use my crutches though as I’m not that steady on my feet yet. Another 3 weeks and hopefully everything will be healed. It’s a pity we didn’t get to meet up yesterday – it was quite busy at the end of the day at the Lister. When are you trying again?

Sue – I’m going to Instituto Marques in Barcelona for my treatment – but there are a lot of girls at Ceram at the moment on the ‘abroadies’ thread! Thanks for your good wishes.

Melanie – good luck for EC tomorrow!

Dissyissy – I know just how you feel – it’s so infuriating when people aren’t excited about being pregnant….all the girls on FF know what a struggle it is and will be the most excited mums ever!

Hi to everyone!

Ange x

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Hi everyone
Thanks to all for your kind words. I am having a happier day today, so hopefully wont be as grumpy!  :)

Ange - how exciting for you, not long now Till you are on the 2WW!

Dianne - I am glad the review went well - any idea when you will have another go?

Melanie - thats fab, at least you can start the EC process. Great news that your levels have dropped.

Well - this morning I managed to smash the bottle of suprecur on the kitchen floor after just using it for one day, so not a good start! Anyway, going to see my acupuncturist tomorrow. I havent seen him for nearky 3mths as he said he could not do anything whilst I was on the pill. Really missed the sessions so looking forward to it!

Hello to Claire and Nuala, Willow, Sue, Ruby,Jo, Fergie and anyone i have missed off.

Lots of love to you all....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dissyissy
i am sorry... but what are you dong smashing bottles of drugs around !!!!
i think that is why i do not down reg i do not think i could be trusted with too many drugs to remember and to care for !!!!
When does your stimulation start ???? or does it depend on your response to down reg
i end up trying to work out all the potential dates for scan etc so i can plan work but it does not always seem to go as planned, body doing its own thing !!!! Af not arriving etc
I saw my accupunturist for the first time in 5/52 yesterday to tell her another BFN
i had her stand in for EC/ET but not the same so i can understand how you are looking forward to your session :) :)
my accupuntuist is very much into space between tx etc but i tried to get her to see as positive was not going again in September I plan to cycle again October, i think but may get my FSh etc checked in September just in case amazing result !!!!!!!
Enjoy the sunshine

Love Dianne x

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Afternoon ladies. Long time no hear from me. Took some time out to get my head together. Head not exactly together but I've made some decisions and therefore feel at least like I'm making a brave and valliant attempt to be in control of my life (even though I'm not but don't nobody be pointing that out to me...it'll shatter the illusion ::)).

^hugme^ for Claire and Dianne for their recent bad news. NOt much else I can say excpet thinking of you and hoping you can look forward positively (and I know how hard that can be).

Good luck Melanie for EC on Thursday. Sue has some excellent OHSS-avoiding advice there for you.

Dissyizzy; you rant away about your workmates if it makes you feel better. I have done so myself about more than one person who has fallen pg (after five minutes ttc) and then moaned about how it's making them feel/look. I'm sure that, when our turn comes, we'll probably find plenty to moan about too, but in our case it'll be done with the full significance of how miraculous the whole gift of pregnancy and life really is.

Ange; whoohoo! ET so soon! a FFer on the darling buddies thread is flying to Ceram today for her tx. I'm excited for you both. Just don't book your flights through BA (in case Gate Gourmet throw their toys out their pram again).  ;D At least the leg situation means you'll have an enforeced putting-your-feet-up after ET...Hmm...how are they going to get your snow-booted leg up in the stirrups I wonder? 

Love and thoughts to Jo, Willow, Nicola, Ambar, Sue, Leanne, Spirit...umm..who else? I've lost track of everyone. My bad!

We've decided to go for a FET cycle in October. I'm a bit anxious about this as last October wasn't exactly a happy time for me with the m/c and all. Not eager to make this October any harder but then I might get a BFP and lay last years ghosts to rest. No pain no gain, so they say.  :-\
Still haven't heard anything from the Lister about what having anticardiolipin antibodies means for me (and slightly annoyed that they haven't even bothered to write to me as they said they would despite two phone calls from me just to get the results). However I think I'll overlook it as I know they've been incredibly busy this summer so I have decided that I'm going to call them just after my September AF arrives (any day now) and ask for an appointment to see someone to discuss all this. Therefore October FET plans may yet change depending on what they have to say.
I might be changing job (transferring to another store and department) soon. Finally had enough of my manager (who is a class A a**ehole with the man management skills of a piece of frozen haddock). Again, this might alter my plans for FET but...as of now it's all go for October.

Lots of love
C~x

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dear All,

Hope you dont mind me joining you!

I am really early on in this whole process and am feeling a bit lost and scared at the moment.

I am due to start ICSI in September at the Lister and only found out that we needed this last Thursday so my head is reeling a bit!

I have heard good things about the Lister and so far they seem to have been ok.

It would be great to be able to have some support from people who know how this all feels and are going to the same clinic!

Thanks

Stephanie

1 - 20 of 228 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.