Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new home ....
^fairydust^

If you would rather not see tickers and other users' avatars there is a facility to turn them off. You can find more information about how to do this here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11415.0

Please note that Fertility Friends or it's owners cannot take responsibility for the content of external website links. When posting links to other sites please do so responsibly.

Love and baby dust to all

Lizi.x

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Bernie - checked in to see how you were getting on...so so sorry that you have not had good news so far.  Whatever the result, you did amazingly well to get to blastocyst stage, all you need is that final bit of luck.  I really hope if it's a confirmed BFN that you'll try again soon

It's so tough esp after the hope of the cycle, and esp the blastocysts, to get a negative, and I'm so sorry for John too.  Sending you hugs and commiserations  ^hugme^

xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bernie- thanks for your lovely message. It is my first attempt ever , I am 35 and other than my AMH levels which were 1.7, i dont have any problems. my husband (47) has very low sperm count and motility and the quality is poor so we ended up with ICSI.
Now tomorrow is my big day and I am really scared.
I was at the lister on Monday last week.
I wish you love and a big hug.

Perky- thanks for your kind message, I love Marie - she is amazing.
I will certainly put up my result tomorrow.
I wish you all the best too.

Thanks Lizzie  for putting this up. I feel so close to all of you.

Mimish, I am moving to Dxb too in July.

Please pray for me!!!!!!!!!!
love
BFDxxx

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Bernie -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I am so sorry sweetheart  :-* ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Love & hugs
Wendy xxx

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Eden  Best of luck for op on thurs hon. your  ^shake^ made me ^roflmao^ Iv got one too. Bring on the lipo suction!
        On wards and up wards after the op for your next ivf x

Mimish  My scan is on the 15th ^scared^

Juicey  hope your ok x

Perky    Test day nearly here! Very exciting ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Bernie  how are you ^hugme^

BFD      Best of luck for your test today x

Lesley  Hope your doing ok and enjoying the nice weather ^daisy^

love and hugs to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No but I went into mothercare yesterday and stayed for over an hour. Kept rubbing my tummy to let everyone know I was pregnant
and that I belonged in there. How sad am I ;D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hi everyone

Thanks for all your good wishes. Negative confirmed yesterday.  Aussie nurse Mala was lovely - said I had done well to get so far but doesn't feel like that at the moment!  Feel like I won't ever have a successful pregnancy and I can't keep trying endlessly - financially emotionally and physically draining.  I know you have had blasts that didn't implant in the past Linda so I know it not necessarily an age thing. Did you have an idea of how many tries you would have?  Nurse said if I tried again in the next few months I would get a similat response.

My manager was asking me all questions about my fertility yesterday and I was feeling vunerable after the test and couldn't say I didn't want to talk about it. Her grandmother has just died so I don't want to make a song and dance about it but I will bring it up in my next supervision session I think.

Going to see Dr Parikh again on 29th May at 11.30.  Must go - at work

Luv to all

Bernie

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Bernie  ^hugme^ It is such a big strain emotionally, physically and financially to do tx and everyone has their limits but I
            do really believe its a lottery. There was no difference with this cycle than our last and yet 2 different outcomes.
            I remember feeling so down hearted after our 3 bfn's last year and asked myself the same questions. How long could we do
            this for? Where do we draw the line? Can we draw that line? But time is a healer hon and give it a little time and when you
            feel a bit stronger you will find it easier to make those decisions. Dont give up hon you did so well with this cycle and
            there is no reason why it cant be your turn soon.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am over the moon as God has blessed me  ^pray^and I am pregnant ; ;D
My beta is 272.
I hope that I carry this to term ^pray^.
Please pray for me!!!

Bernie-  I pray that you feel better and wish you luck for the next treatment sweetie. 

Eden-  I wish you the best for your operation on thursday!

Mimish- I love the staff at the Lister and I hope that you get lucky too.

Juicey-  Hope you feel better darling

Perky - Please let me know your result tomorrow. I am sending you my positive energy.
          Good luck  sweetie!!! 

Lyndalou- Oh I know the feeling as I have such a big stomach already due to the bloating and cant button up my jeans 
              and constantly rubbing my stomach.

hugs to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bernie.. I hope this time we get to be cycle buddies  ^hugme^

Perky.. sending you lots and lots of positive vibes.. goodluck!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

BFD.. I hope you get to move to Dubai with a little pregnant tummy  ;) goodluck with your test.. all the best  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

lyndalou.. That is funny about mothercare and so cute too!!  ^hugme^ goodluck with your scan on the 15th  :)

Eden.. goodluck with your op..will be thinking of you  ^hugme^

babydust to all  :-*

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hi everyone

Bernie - So sorry  ^hugme^  I hope you are ok lovely.  right from the beginning when we found out we would need IVF/ICSI we said we would try 3 fresh cycles and lucky for us it happened 3rd time round.  I actually don't know what I would have done if it had been a different result.  On our second go we went to blasts and had a BFN, I was devastated as we were told for my age it would be a 70% chance.  It is such a up and down journey and I just hope that next time you will get your long awaited pregnancy.  :-* Good luck with your appointment - it's on my birthday so hopefully a good omen  ;)

Eden - Good luck for tomorrow.  I like the thought that you are going to look on it as a little holiday staying in a hotel.  I will be thinking of you  :-*  Don't even want to tell you what my  ^shake^ and thighs look like  ^scared^

Perky - Not long for you now  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lynda - Ahhhhhh how sweet you patting your tum  ^hugme^  You enjoy it lovely  :-* only a week away from your scan.  Any symptoms apart from hanging out in baby shops!  ;D

BDF - Congratulations, lovely levels, you must be thrilled.

Well it's my last day at work tomorrow for 10 months ^clapping^ Gonna go out to lunch with the girls and then slope off at 3.30 to see the midwife, so should have a lovely last day.  I still can't believe it though and not a day goes by when I don't think how lucky and very grateful I am for my bump.  This time next month our lives will be so different  :)

love and baby dust to all, Lesley xxxxxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey girls,

Thanks for all your good wishes and lets hope that i make it to the full term ^pray^.

Lesley - i wish you a very happy maternity leave.
love
BFDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Morning Ladies All gone very quiet on here!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hi just looked in to see how every1 is - especially Perky - can't stay long as at work.

My period came today - like you said Lynda 4 days late.  Felt very low yesterday - mite have to get a new boiler and central heating system and cried after the man left- i had waited all day for him to arrive and it made me more depressed.  We can pay by installments for the new system if they can't get a part for the old 1.

Luv to everybody

Berniex

·
Registered
59 Posts
Perky.. OMG congratulations!!!  ^clapping^ So happy for you!! sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes  ^pray^

love to everyone, M

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congratulations - Perky.

Knew it would be good news!

Berniex

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Bernie  I think you need a few of these sweetheart ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Perky    Fantastic news. Sooo excited for you ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^
            It will take a while to sink in mine still hasnt. Have to keep reminding myself. Well done you !

Mimish  hope your ok hon x

Eden    Glad op went ok. Hope your resting up hon. Onwards and upwards now for tx ^clapping^

Lesley  Sore boobs and cramping but nothing else. How are you doing lady of leisure? Got your bag backed? So excited for you!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry to barge in on this thread, but I have posted on the peer support pre-treatment thread & have got no reply, and would really appreciate some comments from other high fsh ladies (& those with experience of the Lister)

Just wondering if any other high FSHers have changed from a short to a long protocol after a failed cycle?

With my high fsh/low amh I was put on SP for my 1st ICSI with 400iu puregon daily from day 3 of AF and cetrotide/orgalutran injections after 4 days of stims.

I had 3 mature eggs collected, but one follicle had already ruptured due to early ovulation, and at my follow up Alison T has advised that I try LP with 2 weeks of the contraceptive pill & 1 week on a low dose nasal spray, followed by 375iu menopur daily.  She thinks that this might produce a few more eggs and decrease the chance of early ovulation for me.

Alison thinks that because I normally have quite high levels of E2, a lead follicle is probably developing before AF has arrived (this does make sense as I have had a large dominant follicle seen on day 1 scans before), and that this increases the liklihood of early ovulation.  If I have the pill and D/R this should prevent early follicle development.

This all makes sense to me, and I have a lot of faith in the staff at Lister, but I am a bit worried as I have heard that many women in my position (i.e. with low ovarian reserve) don't respond as well on the LP.  I know that the consultants hope to get a few more eggs from me on the LP, but does anyone think this is possible?  I was fairly pleased with my response on the SP as I wasn't sure I was going to respond at all after my experience at the ARGC!

What are peoples experiences of this?  I guess that everyone responds differently to different things but I just wondered if anyone has found the LP better for them even with low egg reserve.

All advice gratefully received!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Dear latestarter i hav put things on other threads and not got a reply but u always will on this thread.look at my profile and c how my response improued at lister las time with ocp.clomid.menopur and cetrotide.but unfortunately i didnt conceive but got 2 5 day blasts which is meant 2b good 4 my age 43 in august.good luck be lucky x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sooooooooooo happy for you Perky!!!!

when is your scan booked for.
May be I'll see you there then.

I hope that you are feeling better eden.

Lots of love to everyone

BFDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.