Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Got it this morning Fee, badge is on its way.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Morning everyone,

I think I need one of those badges too.  Sorry I am a bit dizzy today - what do I need to do to get one?

I cant even remember if I posted yesterday or not to let you know I had another scan - it went well and I now have 14 follies.  Getting bigger, but not there yet.  I have another scan on Saturday and might still have EC on Monday.

Can I ask something?  There has been some discussion amongst my cycle buddies about blast transfer and I might be interested but havent spoken to the dr about it before.  I was thinking I'd wait and see if I get a decent number of eggs and then mention it, but I'm not sure whether the Lister would do it or if you have to be a special case for one reason or another (age or whatever). 

Anyway better go as I have a splitting headache and think I need to lie down in front of the tv and have a snooze.....  Hope you are all doing ok.  Will write more personals another time.

Love Olwen xx

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sent you an IM Olwen...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Lister Girls

Shupa - I'll have a badge to please IM me your details and I'll sent you the money.

Sorry I have not been around but I have been really busy at work and been feeling a little under the weather.  Anyway enough moaning from me.

Just want to start treatment asap....bored waiting now :mad:

It's great to see this thread getting busier again.

To all of you sniffing and stabbing  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ grow follies grow!!!!! Remember drink loads of water :p :p :p :p :p

Got to go as I am flying home to Aberdeen tonight to see all the family...............YIPEE............can't wait.

Hope you all have a fabby weekend.

Lov Donna
xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi girls

Jo - My badge arrived. Thank you so much. I'll be wearing in Monday in case Olwen is there! Glad the 50p arrived. You never know when sending cash.

Olwen. great news on the follies. There is no special reason needed to go to blast other than personal preference. Pgs with blasts have a slightly higher success rate - and some clinics in America only do blasts now. BUT they do take all eggs to blast I think, which would mean that you could risk losing those who may not make it. The theory being that they were less likely to make a pg anyway. TALK to someone at the Lister when you go for EC. They'll be quite keen I think. I wonder if you could go for a day 2 transfer as normal - but then take the remaining eggs on to blast. OR you could freeze, but (and I hope you don't need to) then take them on to blast during an FET.  Sorry to waffle on. How was your scan today?

I had a bit of a panic today. Went swimming and my left ovary was suddnely AGONY. Thought OMG I'm ovulating too soon. Rang dh to get him to get an OPK (bless him), but it is negative (phew). This means I'm still on for HCG on Monday as far as I know. BUT I still have this pain, which is worrying. I may ring them in the morning if it hasn't died down.

Donna - have a great time in Aberdeen over the weekend. Have they snow up there?

Love to all
Fee xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Fee - thanks for the advice about the blasts.  If things go well on EC day then I will definately ask about that.  Last time we did a day 3 ET because EC was on a Friday and we had to wait until the Monday.  We didnt get any frosties last time, and of course I hope we wont need them but it would be nice to get some this time round just in case.....

Anyway I had my scan this morning and everything is looking good.  They've decided EC will be on Tuesday (so badge or not, I wont see you Monday Fee). 

Jo - thanks for the IM - I'll send you the SAE and 50p

Donna - hope you are having fun in Aberdeen and dont get snowed in up there.  We just came back from my parents place and it was snowing a little when we left Oxfordshire, but nothing here in London.

Ivy and Claire - hope everything is going ok with both your tx's. 

Sorry no more personals - dh is out and I am knackered so I'm going to chill out in front of a film (and fall asleep within 10 minutes ;D )
Love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
'lo all. Just a quick catch up.

Jo, can I have one of those bagde things please?
Pretty please?

Olwen, best of luck to you for tomorrow.

Leanne, was great to see your scan pics in the gallery. Can't believe how clear they are. How big are you getting now!

Hope your treatment is going well Ivy, Claire and, of course Fee with Max. Take it easy ladies.

No news from me. Just mooching about like Donna, and eager to get started again. Just got to wait for AF to do its thing and I'm good to go...provided I don't chicken out!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Olwen,

Hope it all goes okay for you today.
^daisy^

Jo.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi everyone

My scan went really well yesterday. 10 follies all at between 12.5 and 14.5 mm and even I know from my IUI's that this is great lol Lining was nice and thick too at 13mm which is great, it's never been that thick before.

I've got another scan and then the estradiol blood test on Wednesday and assuming the blood test is ok, e/c will go ahead on Friday  :)

Good luck Olwen today.

Fee how was your appointment? I was there long after you - 12.30 and will be there similar time on Wednesday. I don't actually have an offical scan appt as they were booked solid so she's double booked me in lol

Good luck to everyone else

Claire xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Claire - Well done on the follies! Sounds good. They did measure my lining, but I'm not sure what it was  :(  But I'm all set for ET on Monday. I have to turn up at 2pm then they'll defrost Max whilst we're there and then (everything crossed for defrost) pop him back within 1/2 hour of defrost. Scared but positive is how I'm feeling.

If your EC is Friday you will probably be in for ET on Monday the same as me  :) :) :)  VERY EXCITING (or are you going for blast?)  Anyway, I'll have my orange badge on!

I need to update you on the Jan/ Feb list too

Fee xxx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi girls,

Sorry i have not posted much these past few weeks. We are moving house sunday but already have the keys to new house so we have been coming and going all week. stressed is an understatement!!

Olwen - hope all is going well for you today - keep us posted xx

Fee - wow, et monday!!! Not long now. Hope max's thaw goes well. Will be thinking of you with my fingers crossed xx

Claire - sounds like things are going really well this cycle, fingers crossed for you too.

Caz - really pleased to hear you are going again. Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Looks like 2005 could be a year of lots of Lister babies  :)

Thanks for all your comments on the scan pics. They would have grown lots by then. Cant believe my last scan was 5 weeks ago and i still have another 3 weeks til the next one. I am feeling lots of movement now and feel great apart from lots of heartburn  :mad: :mad: Oh, and im still weeing for england too  ;D

Hope everyone ive not mentioned is well. Love to all,

L xx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hiya

I'm back from bonny Scotland........man it's cold up there.  It did snow but not too much ::)

How are you all?????

Olwen - been thinking of you today hope EC went well, fingers crossed you got loads of lovely eggies.

Fee - How cool Monday for ET......so exciting ;D ;D ;D You and little max will be reunited.  I will keep absolutely everything crossed for you.  Hopefully my AF will arrive soon (due 31st) so I should be too far behind you.  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^

Ivy - hope tx is going well for you?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Claire - that's great 10 follies, time will pass quickly now.  Good luck for your scan tomorrow and finger crossed EC will be Fri  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Caz - If I am anything like the last time AF will be 9 days late.........grrrrrrr....here's a little af chant for us.... ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^.  Wishing you all the luck in the world....everything is crossed.

I must get my badge!! I had to rush off on Friday....thanks for the IM Shupa I will send the money.  Hope you are well?  How are things progressing for you?

Hi to everyone else I have not mentioned

Lov
Donna

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to say thank-you all so much for your good luck wishes.  EC went really well today despite me getting into a complete state last night when I started getting really nervous and scared - not because I was worried about whether they would get many eggs but because I was scared they would give me too much anaesthetic and I wouldnt wake up, or too little and I would wake up in the middle of it ;D  Anyway I woke up ok once it was all done, the first thing I said was "how many?" to which the nurse said 13 and I burst into tears and got her really worried and thinking I was in a lot of pain or something.  I am such a drama queen!!!

We saw the doctor before we came home and he said all 13 eggs are suitable for ICSI (he was only expecting 8-10 to be good enough) so I came home feeling very proud of myself.  They are going to call tomorrow and let us know how many embies we get and I will keep you all posted.

Hope you are all doing ok.  I'm going to go and put my feet up now - I've only been lying in a hospital bed ALL day and dont want to overdo it ;D ;D ;D

Love Olwen xx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Evening

Its getting busy on here now.

Welldone Olwen, 13, lucky number in Italian, goodluck for the call tomorrow, try and get a good night sleep.

Donna, I'll be right behind you, AF due 2 Feb, I'm getting nervous now!
Caz, when are you due to start?  Feels weird, every social engagement that goes in the diary, I think I might have to drive :) for the next 9 months.  Thinking positive ^reiki^

Jo can you IM me your details I would love a ribbon.

Fee, Claire and Ivy and everyone else sending loads of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love
Ambar xx

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi all,

Just a quick note on the orange ribbon badges.

First of all, for those of you who have no idea what I am on about, I made some little badges out of orange ribbon. The idea is, that we wear them at the clinic, and if we see someone else wearing one, we can rest assured that they are fellow FF girls, and we won't appear daft by saying hello to what might seem like a total stranger!!!

So far I have sent one to Fee, and have had requests from
Angek, Olwen, Meachmont, Caz and Ambar. I will send them off soon as I get your SAE's.

If anyone else wants one, you need to send me 50p (coin or a cheque) and an SAE for return posting. IM me and I will send you my address. I have not put a picture of them in the gallery yet, cos I want all the Listers girlies to get in there first. I will see how it goes, then probably offer them to the others later.

I will have to start making more very soon as it is...  ^spot^

Jo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello

Olwen, you must be thrilled. What a bumper crop! Would be delighted with 13!!

Had first scan after starting stims today. Alison said all was going well. Am really pleased. No idea when EC will be though. Was really pleased as they wanted me to come for next scan on Friday, but I told them that I am starting a new job on Friday, so they said I could come on Thurs instead. Thought that was very understanding!

Donna and Ambar, am hoping you get AF on time!

Really loads of luck Fee. Wil be thinking about you!

Olwen, let us know how many of the bumper crop fertilise. I hope they all do!

Leanne, sounds really amazing!

Best of luck to all of you!

Ivy

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.