Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just made appoinment next fri to see Dr Wren at the Lister thinking of changing clinics any experiences to share
Di

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
They are lovely! Good Luck, the Lister feels like home from home to me  :)

xxxxxx

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Lou
thank for the reply goodness you have had a long journey
good luck at ARGC i heard really good results
Di

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Di

Just wanted to say that we've just had our 1st appoitnment at the lister last week. We've been with UCH and decided to move on (2 IUI's plus one attmpt at IVF that turned into another IUi with 3 follies). We saw Jaya Parikh. I was impressed for two main reasons- one, they seem to have a variety of different protocols and really seem to try to find the right approach for you (I found that UCH had just 2 main IVF drug approaches and both involved downregging; as a borderline responder that didn't suit me, and they wouldn't do IVF with 3 good eggs); two- Jaya was able to access current up-to-date stats in answer to my questions about egg numbers and egg quality (UCH seem to dodge questions about stats in my experience and just give you standard answers, whereas I saw real stats at the Lister). The Lister seem more concerned with getting good quality eggs rather that getting hung up on egg numbers. Anyway-these are my initial impressions and as a result we're going to go ahead with them for our next go.

Good Luck!

fergie

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Like Lou the Lister is another home for me too!

You'll find lots of the lister gang over here:

You'd be more than welcome to join us!

Love Sue
xxx

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Fergie and lou
thanks for the reply re Lister i feel very reassured re different protocols i am not going to ever produce lots of eggs and am more concerned with improving the quality rather than quanity only produced 2 eggs last time on max drugs my eggs do fertilize but cell division best 4 usually 1-2 and grade 2-3 once grade 1, i feel i responded better on stimulation combination od drugs.
i have been offered egg donation Cyprus through Cromwell london but i do not think i have done yet re IVf and as i need sperm donation as well (single)

Let me know how you all get on
Di

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Fergie and Di. I'm also a Lister lady and can only say good things about them.
What attracted me to that particular centre above others was the fact that everyone said that they are friendly and approchable - so far I've found that to be the case pretty much all the time. Personally, this is stressful enough without being treated like a statistic so this is good news.

I think Sue was trying to post a link to the Lister thread which is up on the ICSI board.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,25671.50.html

You don't have to be an ICSI patient to join that thread - we just started out there (probably ought to move it to IVF folder really).

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Oops yes I did, thanks Caz!

·
Registered
159 Posts
[Hi, how are you getting on?  Had baby in 2003 having had once cycle at Lister and they would say it themselves, one doesn't see the same nurse twice sometimes and they whizz you in and out relatively quickly, BUT it's the results that count not the pleasantries.  Hope this helps.  I am having egg collection on Thursday at the Lister as we want another baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.