Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

761 - 778 of 778 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello ladies,

I wonder if anyone can help. I had LIT done in 2016 and had a baby boy at 27 weeks severe IUGR in the November 2016. How long does LIT last? I am sure I remember Gorgy saying that if you get pregnant within 2 years it will be okay. Thank you X

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Needtobehopeful, I expect it varies but I had my baby in 2016 and when we retested 18 months later, LAD was back to as low as before any LIT.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Had my lit therapy today and it was ouch. I thought it was two injections in both forearms and it actually was 10-15 small injections in each forearm. Ouch. Thanks god that's it for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone.

We went for our second round of paternal LIT on Feb 1st and had our results from LAD. Levels have gone up but only marginally and we are still  a long way off 50%. We spoke with Dr. G on the results and he has advised that we go ahead with our FET on April 3rd, even given the low LAD and do another 2 x LITS but pooled this time - one before and one after transfer.

We are reluctant to do this as it means travelling and I was very sick after both LITs (caught bugs and infections). I don't want to go in to transfer run down. Also, I am on pred now and I heard that it's not advised to do LIT when taking pred.

We need to make a call on whether to go ahead with LIT next week. All other tests have come back normal, with no DQ Alpha match. Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

T-Cells IGM        2.9      4.3             
T-Cells IGG        3.3      4.4
B-Cells IGM      12.2      9.7
B-Cells IGG        3.7      11.7

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi amk2017

If you want to be on the safer side maybe you could postpone the FET and do 2x LIT this cycle?

I found that my levels tend to improve much more through pooled LiT rather than Paternal.

Good luck

·
Registered
284 Posts
hello everyone! Thought i would ask here in case anyone knows... so I had my first round of LIT two weeks ago. Me and hubbie have a 50% DQ alpha match. So hubbie was away so i did pooled lit. Now it looks like he is going to be away with work again over the dates the 2nd paternal Lit is scheduled.  ^reiki^. Imm not sure whether to ask for another pooled LIT in the meantime? any advice would be greatly appreciated.xo

·
Registered
23 Posts
I usually do pooled LiT sincey hubby is overseas and usually can’t make it.

Is there any reason why you can’t / won’t do another pooled LiT?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi ladies. I'm having immune treatment with Dr Gorgy and just got the results of the post lit therapy blood test results. I have a feeling that the results are actually worse than before the lit therapy. Has anyone experienced this? Any help greatly appreciated. Xxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just received the results after 2 paternal LIT and my readings have got way lower than they were before. Like 2 or 3 rather than 25. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking I should just stop. I am not comfortable with pooled LIT due to infection risk. My urologist (I suffer from chronic bladder infections and mast cell activation disorder) predicted it wouldnt work as he said my immune system wouldn't mount a normal response. But I'm surprised it actually went down so much.  Any advice much appreciated. Seeing Dr Gorgy next week to review anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yorky83 said:
I have just received the results after 2 paternal LIT and my readings have got way lower than they were before. Like 2 or 3 rather than 25. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking I should just stop. I am not comfortable with pooled LIT due to infection risk. My urologist (I suffer from chronic bladder infections and mast cell activation disorder) predicted it wouldnt work as he said my immune system wouldn't mount a normal response. But I'm surprised it actually went down so much. Any advice much appreciated. Seeing Dr Gorgy next week to review anyway.
How did your meeting with Dr Gorgy go? I´ve read that if you didn´t succeed with Paternal LIT then Pooled donor LIT can work better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone here know if you can go alone
to do Pooled donor LIT with Dr Gorgy,
or do you have to bring someone do donate blood as well?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey ladies,

I know this thread has been idle but just looking for a bit of advice:) had our 1st round of paternal LIT nearly 2 weeks ago and heading over for the next one next week. We are going to do an egg retrieval and transfer quite soon so was considering doing a pooled LIT this time rather than the paternal as we won't have time to get retested and treat again before we transfer. Do you think it's worth the risk of doing a pooled lit? We have no dq alpha matches and I had a reaction after the paternal lit - swelling and itching! Thks for any help xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Rainbow80. Can I ask why you're having LIT if no matches?
I've been recommended LIT and have a first appt with Gorgy in a couple of weeks. I have low LAD and a partial match with my partner for DQ Alpha.
I know you are doing with IVF but figured I'd ask....do you know if TTC naturally you ought to have the LIT at a particular stage in the cycle? Or at least is there a particular time to avoid?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry rainbowwarrior I didn't see your message! I've low LAD hence the LIT. No matches with hubby so Dr Gorgy recommended paternal LIT. No idea about timing on a natural cycle though!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Rainbow80,

I had two LIT from my Husband as we were a matched then after retest the LAD didn't increase much ,since then had a two Pool LIT.

DR G did mention when am near transfer to have one more Pool LIT and one after pregnancy. I think go for the Pool one.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks both! I ended up just going for it. He said it wouldn't matter when. I was a bit concerned my first treatment might be when I was pregnant (wishful thinking there!). It was pretty horrible I thought but that didn't last long. I've since had some other results back and trying to figure out what this KIR karotyping is all about. Is this in some way connected to the HLA do you know? I'm trying to make sense of the results and don't have an appointment with Dr G for a couple of weeks yet. How are you getting on with your treatments?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there. As update I went ahead with the two LIT cycles but now I'm completely confused. I had my repeat LAD test done to check if it's worked and my LAD results are now much lower! I didn't even know this was possible.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Advice as to why this might have happened?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I had pooled LIT earlier this week. It was roughly 6 insertions per arm. I had heard that you should get a reaction of red bumps from it and maybe itching. I've had none of these. The only marks I have are little pin pricks that aren't really noticeable. You can maybe feel the bumps under the skin but even then its not really obvious. Has anyone had this? It's making me wonder if it was done correctly!

761 - 778 of 778 Posts