Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Both DH and I suffer with hayfever and now Brody seems to have followed suit.  He's nearly 3, and this weekend we've realised it's defo hayfever (itchy eyes, runny nose, tickly nose, tickly throat) and so i did an emergency run to the chemist today cause he was so upset by it all.

anyway....... is anyone else in the same boat and how do you treat it??  Any natural remedies for the little ones?  We have Clarityn for him at moment but would like to do something "natural" alongside it too..

Hope you have some tips for me!!!  Thanks in advance!!!

Keri xx

·
Registered
150 Posts
Eve Keri

I was just wondering the same thing....how to treat hayfever in small children ??? I'm convinced my DS has all the same symptoms you've mentioned but didn't think are little ones could get hayfever so young as hes only 19 months ???

I always thought he had a perminant cold ^idiot^ so Ive started to give him piriton syrup and put an electric fan in his room to keep him cool  :)

hope this helps let me know how you get on too!

lisa n x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
You could try an air purifyer/ioniser in his room....helps get rid of allergens :)

I think you can get homeopathic hayfever remedies although I'm not sure and I'd probably check with your GP first to confirm what it is.

I heard eating locally made honey is meant to help too as it desensitises the body to local pollens.....don't know if that works or not.

Good luck :)

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
You could try homeopathy - allergies is one of the areas its supposed to be best at treating

Claire x

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Keri,

Benjy's the same and we have Clarityn for when he's bad but since using an air purifier in his room again it seems to have cleared up completely. It seems amazing to me really considering how bad he was - he would constantly be blinking and sniffing really hard and this lasted for months, everyone commented on his sniffing in particular as it was so bad. We spoke AGES ago now when our boys were around a year old as they both suffered with night coughs.. do you remember? Anyway, we got the air purifier then and for some reason stopped using it about a year ago. I only put it back in his room out of curiosity really before noticing that his sniffing, etc completely stopped. Not sure if it's just coincidence but may be worth a go. Ours isn't even one of the expensive ones - it was about £30 by Ncessity I think. Hang on, I'll do you a link.. http://www.johnlewis.com/230232065/Product.aspx

Hope little Brody's symptoms clear up soon, I've also suffered all my life and it's no fun at all is it?

Pet x

/links

1 - 5 of 5 Posts