Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, :)
Just been reading in during tx and read post on the fact that the mature sperm is 90 days old as we due for e/c 23rd july , guessing that means that swimmers i want are in there now !! ??? His samples have been fine so far but i cant help thinking that surely it cant help if he gets drunk. He the kind of drinker that has nothing all week then quite a few pints say on sat night. feel a bit careless and mad at myself and him maybe that he didnt pack in. said he will cut down but do you think damage already done as these little swimmers only young now !! ^idiot^ not sure if i am making sense.
you have probably heard it all before, think just terrible first time nerves beginning.
maybe i got the wrong end of the stick about the whole 90 days thing.  :-[

Any advice would be great
cj x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Yes, a single sperm takes approximately 90 days to mature....but there are constantly millions of sperm every day.  Whilst binge drinking isn't the best idea, having a few drinks isn't gonna do too much harm.....and as you say, your partners swimmer results have been fine.

I wouldn't worry too much.....I'm sure everything will be fine....however, as your EC isn't due until 23 July which is quite a while yet, it wouldn't do any harm to maybe take some supplements to improve quality of sperm....my DP takes Wellman vits as these contain everything needed....but I do give him additional zinc, selenium and ginseng when we're gearing up for treatment, right through until EC.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi natasha,

Thank you for your advice, feel a little better ! have bought the vitamins you advised and will make sure he has them. :)

cj

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Yes the  ^HappySperm^ are made 90 days before you use them  :)  As Minxy has said there will quite a few for them to chose from so I wouldn't worry too much.  DH still had the odd drink during the lead up to treatment  ;)

All the best

x x x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts