Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon lovely ladies!

Just had our consultation, next step is to call LWH on day 1 of my period to arrange drugs etc.  They gave me a leaflet on both Embryoscope £700 and Eeva £800.

Has anyone paid for this as an extra on the NHS or private?  I am unsure which one to go for??

xx

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can you have both is so go for both

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Caroll1982

Me and my husband are due to start our 2nd cycle of ivf and have been told about the Eeva assessment! I havent even read up on the Embryoscope assessment as for only £100 extra we are thinking of going for the top one which is the Eeva one!
Good Luck in your treatment hope this helped! This is my first reply to message I have only just joined!
;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GEM - Good luck with your treatment hun xxx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else using eeva xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think I'm leaning more towards using Eeva when we get to that stage.

My understanding is that with the embryoscope alone the embryologist still has to make the decision on the best embryo to transfer, where as Eeva makes that decision for them based on constant measurements of the developing embryo.

Bu then is that putting too much faith in technology, I guess only time will tell...!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya hun
We are going with eeva. I know what your saying about technology, I'm
Just hoping every little helps in this awful process xx

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi! We went for the embryoscope as recommended by the embryologist. We were a bit disappointed when we only got a 30 second vid of the development and with EEVA you got hard copies of pictures, explanations and a 2 minute vid. BUT we got our BFP. Obviously we don't know whether the embryoscope helped but we are glad we did it x x good luck x x

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is eeva the same as embryoscope what's the difference do you take the eggs out to look with either of them? I wonder why they offer both ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
They've had the embryoscope for longer than EEVA. They don't pull either out they watch them through a camera so can see if they grow abnormally. A computer choses the best embryo's to put bk with EEVA and they embryologist choses with the embryoscope. We found out we're carrying twins yesterday so it was well worth the £700. EEVA is £800 x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts