Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im due to start next week and was wondering if anybody else is having/had treatment at LWH ?

I must admit im getting nervous now, sometimes i dont understand what everybody is on about either  :-[

Thanks

Wendyxxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Wendy

I am due to start treatment on Saturday again at LWH.  This will be our 6th
attempt & I have found the staff here to be very sympathetic & helpfull all through the process.

Hope all goes well with your treatment & fingers crossed that you are successful

Is there anybody else out there who is in a similar position to me & been successful after so many attempts at LWH?  Need some encouragement that there are some success stories at 6th, 7th attempts.

best wishes
Tricia

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tricia, sorry to read your story  ^hugme^

My friend got a BFP first icsi recently, and so I'm sure i wont :( I am really excited and trying to be positive but its nerve racking i must admit.

Bit scared that i wont be able to do the first needle for shaking.  Im not frightened of needles normally, and can look when i am getting one, but a bit nervous about doing my first one.  I will be glad when thats out the way

Hope somebody can give you some positive news

Good luck  ^fairydust^

Wendyxx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi girls,

I've had my last 2 IVFs at LWH, but I'm under Countess of Chester too. Just wanted to say Hello and wish you both lots of luck for your future tx.

Wendy I use an injector pen for my stabbing. They gave me it in my needles and syringes kit at the Countess, why don't you ask them at LWH about it. I find it really easy to use. I don't mind injections either but was also very nervous at first. I promise you, you will be a dab hand at it in a weeks time :)

Tricia, all I can say to you is I do hope you get your dream this time round.
As you say the staff are lovely at the hozzy. I find if I'm not sure about something then I just ask them again. I don't care if they think I'm ditzy, sometimes it all just seems like too much information all at once!

Love and positive vibes to you both ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Leni x

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi ladies,
My name is Sharon and i am on day 6 of stims at LWH.
This is my first ICSI attempt due to Dh having low count due to wierd chromosome balanced traslocation. He was born like this we didn't find out until xmas and after I had had every test under the sun.
I started my DR drugs on 25th April had a scan last week to see it had worked and everything was ok so started stims last Thursday.
I go for a scan tommorrow to see if follies are growing and check how many eggs I have so fingers crossed.
Please don't worry about the needles I have just done my 30th and I had the biggest needle phobis in the world.
I actually burst into tears at the hospital when I did my first one saying I can't do it I was terrified!!!
Well here I am now 30 injections later and I am fine. It gets easier, you are scared but keep thinking about why you are doing it and you soon stab it in and its becomes easy after a few.
I do my buserilin in the morning as soon as I wake up so I haven't had to much time to think about it and I do menopur about 6.30pm before my tea after work so I am thinking more about food than I am about the needle!!! Mind over matter!!
I am hopeing my EC will be Monday and ET later on next week.
I have found the staff and doctors very helpful and really nice.

Best of luck to you sending you loads of baby dust and prayers.
Try to stay calm and focused.
I know its easy to say but you can do it. The more relaxed you are the better.
Put your feet up when you can and get plenty of rest.

i have a really demanding job I am a Financial Controller but i have found that it has kept me grounded and that time has just flown.Luckily I have very sympathetic bosses a great family and wonder friends.

Best of luck
Love and hope
Sharonxxxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Leni and Sharon

Thanks for the pen advice Leni i will see if they have any !

Sharon are you planning on taking any time off work after ET ? 

I have a similar type job to you, and have now told a few people who are very supportive  :)  and I think work will help take my mind off things, athough i am planning on some time off after ET

Im sure I will be ok with the needles really, my friend burst into tears too, so they are probably used to it, and wont be too surprised if i do it too  :)

Thanks for posting

Hoping all our dreams come true soon ^goodluck^

Love
Wendyxx

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hi girls - i'm at LWH. i had ec today for icsi cycle. Don't worry about not understanding everything - the nurses and embryologists will always take the time to explain things. My only moan about LWH is that it is a VERY busy clinic.

Wendy --As for needles - i hate them too but this cycle - i used a bag of frozen peas on my stomach for 2 mins then jab and it doesn't hurt at all. After the first couple of tries you'll have more confidence

Good luck to everyone

Casey XXX

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Casey

Thanks for your advice,  like the peas idea, sounds good, might take a bag with me  ;D

Good luck, hope everything goes ok, let us know how you get on

Best wishes ^fairydust^

Wendyxx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Ladies,
i had scan on Wednesday and they said I hadn't responed very well so they upped the meds and rescanned today.They have grown and multiplied but aren't big enough yet so they now think I am a slow responder so I am to keep stimming over the weekend and they will rescan on Monday.
I have got 9 follies on the left at about 13 in size and 6 on the right at about 12.
This is a great improvement in two days so I am going to keep going.
If they don't grow to 17-18 by monday they will abandon cycle so it doesn't count as a go to the health authority!!
If all goes well ec will be Thursday next week they said and ET will be Saturday.
So heres hoping.
Let me know how you are.
best wishes
Love Sharon
xxxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck for today Sharon, hope everything goes well for you  ^goodluck^

Lets keep this thread going please girls, i go on Thursday and I would love to keep up to date where everybody else is up to

Best wishes for a BFP ^fairydust^

Love

Wendyxx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hope everything goes well with the scan Sharon.

Oooo not long now Wendy.

Sending lots of positive vibes for you both ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Casey, hope the 2ww is going ok for you.

Tricia, hope all is going well with your cycle and tx.

I'm just waiting for AF to turn up, so that I can ring the hozzy and sort out my medicatd FET cycle.

Love and luck to all
Leni x

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
hi girls

day 3 of 2ww and its dragging along.... don't know why but i've been really scatty since et ... keep getting words muddled and forgetting what i've done and what i'm supposed to do. ::)

haron, wendy tricia - hope youre all ok and your cycle is going well.

leni - just like af  ^witch^ never comes when you want to her to

bye for now caseyx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Wendy,
Went back yesterday and my follies have sprouted over the weekend the biggest is 20 and the smallest out 13.5. There are between 12 and 14 of them so not bad!!!
So did the final injection last night at midnight and my ec is 12pm tommorrow. They will call me on Thursday to let me know how many have fertilised and ET will be Friday hopefully.
Wendy are you injecting yourself?
I did its ok once youve done a few I have or should I say had a terrible needle phobia. I don't think a needle will bother me again after giving myself 42 of them!!!

Keep in touch let me know how you are getting on I will let you know tommorrow how many lovely eggs they get.

Love and baby dust
Sharon
xxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi there, I have had one previous ICSI at the womens (this year)and 3 at Walsgrave - Coventry,when i was 25. failed to implant so going for assisted hatching this time. my fsh is normal but thought due to this being my last attempt (am 39) and partner 52 we would pull out all the stops. Anyone know anything about if it improves chances.I have 2 boys 12 and 6 so know i am very luck indeed but in a new relationship and he has no kids. I really thought i wouldnt be back to the days of feels emotional, desperate, hating to look at pregnant women etc....how we manage to pull our selves through i dont know. good luck. perhaps a night out or a coffee would be good to arrange. start down reg on sunday. fingers crossed for us all.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello ladies

Hope you are all doing well  :)  I am getting really excited about tomorrow. 

Im also excited about the football tonight, although i know that is totally off topic.

Sharon, hope everything goes well for you today, I will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing how you have got on  ^hugme^

My friend came round last night with some lovely bubble bath and body lotion for me & some lovely juice called posh squash, white grape & strawberry with a hint of black pepper!  I will be making this and drinking it chilled pretending its a nice glass of rose wine ;D

Love & babydust  ^fairydust^

wendyxx :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Wendy
I am ok they got 11 eggs 9 great big ones so I am really pleased with my ovaries for doing as they were told.
I am a bit sore and crampy but this is normal.I don't remeber much about the EC because the sedation they give you makes you lose your memory!!!??
Remember a bit of tugging and poking and thats about it until the end when I asked how many eggs. Stayed in bed in Hospital for another 2.5hrs and then came home to the couch.
They will call me tommorrow and let me know how many if any have fertilised and hopefully ET will be Friday afternoon.
All the staff were great the were singing while collecting my eggs!!!

On the football front my husband is a big reds fan and is gutted he hasn't gone but we obviously had more important things going on today according to me anyway.
Mark doesn't understand why we couldn't but his little friends on ice last week so he could of gone!!! Cheeky bloody sod!!
he went to Dortmund when they won the UEFA with the brother in law. The brother in law has gone to Instanbul and left marks sister to take three kids on her own to Tenerife and he id flying out tommorrow. I told her she was mad!!!
She says that once he gets there she is going on kid strike for at least a week and leaving him to it while she glues herself to her sunlounger!!! Not a bad idea!!

Wendy best of luck starting everything you will be fine you get used to it all.
Speak later
Love and baby dust
Sharon xxxxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well done Sharon and your clever ovaries, hope everything goes well for you today  :)

I'm really excited today, probably be nervous later, but I am so glad to be finally starting something after all this time.  Its absolutely unbelievable to think I have a chance of a BFP in a few weeks time.

I wouldn't say I was the biggest football fan but it was amazing last night, loved it! We have been listening to radio city this morning, their commentary last night was so funny ;D.  Darren was dancing and jumping all over the front room, I did let him celebrate with one small bottle of beer.  Ordinarily he would have the hangover from hell this morning !

Best wishes
Wendy xx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Wendy,Casey,
They called early this morning.Out of the nine good ones,2 were still immature,2 haven't fertilised.
5 have fertilised and 3 of them are really really good quality.

I said to the embryologist that I was a bit dissapointed with the fertility rate.She said with ICSI the eggs have to be at a certain maturity to survive the needle going in them and that i should be jumping for joy because the 3 that are good are not just good they are excellent. They were able to call me early because they had done so well over night. She said it is quality not quantity that matters and that I am very lucky.
She wished me the best of luck and said she has got everything crossed for me because they have a great chance.

So I am really pleased. ET is 3.00pm tommorrow sothe 2WW starts tommorrow.
So I will be joining Casey on the rollercoaster.Casey I think you are scatty from coming off the drugs as well. I am the same feel like I lost my brain somewhere along the line.I walk in to a room for something and then stand there like an idiot because I can't remember why I am there!!! Its so frustrating.I think we are just physically and emotionally mixed up!!!

Wendy best of luck with the injections you do get used to them. I had 42 in the end in total.
Are you doing them yourself or is Darren doing them for you?

Best of luck girls sending you loads and loads of babydust
Love
sharonxxxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Sharon, well done, sounds like great news  :)  Hope you transfer goes ok, you really couldn't ask for more than 2 excellent ones going in so well done you !

Well ladies, i am pleased to say I was fine about my needles !!  The only thing that surprised me was my friend has did hers in her leg, and i was fully prepared for the leg, but the nurse said it had to be my tummy.  I only injected water yesterday, but have done my first Burselin this morning, and found it fine :)

I have warned Darren that over the next 3 weeks I may be mood swinging, hot flushing and night sweating and he said 'nothing new there then' ;D  cheeky pig!

At least we have a nice long weekend to look forward to

Best wishes and positive vibes

Wendyxx

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
hi girls

hi leni - how's it going has the old witch turned up yet

hi looby loo - hows your tx going ?
h
sharon - well done and good luck with your et - see you on 2ww

wendy - yep you got it about right but hopefully it will all be worth it

im on day 8 now but dont feel very positive . i think because i didn't have a very good cycle and things went wrong at the end. oh well only another week
to go  ^idiot^ and dh should be back from istanbul tonight

bye - caseyx

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.