Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!  :)

New home - thanks Mookie! Hi everyone else!

Thanks for your good luck wishes Wendy. Must have worked! How are you after your scan? Positive vibes for you.  ^reiki^ Did you get the card? Hope so. They were really busy today. I didn't get in the scan room till 9.20 and then had a 10 minute wait, lying on the bed - legs akimbo!! The nurse had nipped off somewhere! Ended up leaving Hewitt Centre about 10.10am so could have bumped into you!

I'm sat at home now as feel very sick and bloated today. Have 4 large and 3 small follies on right ovary, and 5 large and 3 small on the left. This is quite a lot fewer follies than last time but they are a lot larger, particularly on the left (hence the pain!) I'm waiting for a phone call this afternoon to see what time EC is on Wed and last injection tonight (36hrs before one!). Are you waiting too? No more injections of Buserelin or Menopur now.

I got 8 eggs last time and 6 fertilised but I'm not sure we'll be so lucky this time. Only takes 2 mind! Unfortunately none of my embryos were suitable for freezing last time - have to be excellent to survive freezing and defrosting process apparently. Was devastated at the time as just presumed they could freeze the 4 left over, but won't have any expectations this time.

Stayed off work, glad you had some time at home too. Let me know how you get on.

Only a few days to go! Eeek!

^fairydust^

Dakin xx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Oh a new home, its very nice i like it, thanks Mookie  :)

Hi all

Dakin, funny this morning my best friend is called Sarah and it was really weird the receptionist said oh Wendy i have something for you from Sarah, but i sort of knew ;D  thanks

Well all sounds well with you, it only takes one remember and the biggies are the ones they want after all.

I have managed to grow quite a few more biggies,  but even while they are biggish they are all still a bit small for collection at the mo, so I'm back for another scan on Wednesday 11am, and them hopefully they will have grown and EC on Friday.  Sounds like i have between 15 and 20, hope its not too many.  They didn't seem alarmed at all just explained that that i need another day on Menopur same dose as before.

I am feeling uncomfortable now though, lots of strange twinges and even if i sit down quick i feel funny.

I am have come to work but its 1pm now so i wont be here too long, and will go home and sit in the sun

Hope your having a nice afternoon, have they rung you yet ?

take care  love and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

wendyxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everybody

Had my egg collection on Thursday & ended up with 6 embryos.  2 were put back in on Saturday.  They have said that the quality of the 2 were as good as you can get, so we will wait & see what happens.

In addition this time we had assisted hatching.  We have been told that it does not do any harm, but they are not sure if it helps.  For us it is something different, so maybe fingers crossed it will help.

Still feeling abit sore & stiff from egg collection!  Saturday & Sunday, could hardly move!  but ok now.

Hope all goes ok with your treatment!

Will let you know how things go for me

tks
Tricia
xxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi everyone!

Congratulations Tricia! I had 6 embryos last time - perfect number! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!  ^fairydust^ Hope the 2ww goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.  :) Keep in touch. Oh glad I'm not the only one who had pain 2-3 days after EC. Was really beginning to think I AM a wimp!

Hi Wendy! 15 - 20 follicles is great. I think I had about 18ish last time and got 8 eggs. You'll be amazed how much they'll grow after a couple of days! Visualise them expanding - Zita! The 1st cycle is always trial and error.

I'm also there on Wednesday! Got the call - have my EC at 9.50am so my last jab is at 9.50pm tonight! Hoping my follicles don't burst!!! Can this happen? Feeling v tender now. Thinking that I may only get 5 - 6 eggs if we're lucky but have just watched a Test Tube baby repeat and a couple had 3 eggs, 2 fertilised and they had twins!!! So you really do only need one!!  ^reiki^

Speak soon

Dakin xx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi Dakin & Tricia

Hope your feeling a bit better now Tricia, please stay around on your 2ww and let us know how you are getting on, sending lots of  ^fairydust^ your way !

Dakin,  exciting stuff for you now, last injection  :)  lucky you!  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ , for some lovely eggies !  Not long now.

i didn't catch test tube babies today but i do watch it.  I think its really interesting.  Twins, wow now there's a thought.  They look sooo cute all cuddled up together!

I'm hoping on Wednesday i get some good news, i am terrified they are going to call it off  :mad:  probably just my hormones running wild again I'm sure !  starting to feel really uncomfortable now.  DH got a look at my follies today, i think he was impressed !

Take care ladies

Best wishes and lots of babydust
wendyxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Just wanted to say, good look Sarah, for tommorrow will be thinking of you ! ^fairydust^

Hope you feeling ok ^reiki^ i will let you know how i get on tommorrow, fingers crossed its good news

Take care, love and babydust

wendyxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there everyone!

Hope you are ok Tricia - keep on hanging in there!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Thanks for good luck message Wendy. Good Luck to you too for your scan tomorrow. There's no way they'll cancel this cycle - if they're still not big enough they'll just give you another jab. I'm sure by now they'll be big and beautiful!!  ^goodluck^

We just can't stop worrying though can we - human nature!! I'm thinking some of my follies may have burst and my lovely biggest eggs will not be there!!! Oh dear - you'd think it'd be easier 2nd time round!!

Well I'm off to LWH for 8am and having eggs out at 9.50am. Just packed bags and now need to take nail polish off! Am wearing orange top again for luck - but it's in the washing machine as we speak!  ^idiot^ Feeling a bit nervous but ok. Steve is dead excited!!! Bit wierd really!

Well - see ya!

Will log on tomorrow evening and let you know how many eggs. Will be made up with 4 or 5 this time, especially if bigger!

Yikes!! :(

Sarah (Dakin!) xx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi Tricia and Dakin

Hope you both ok

Dakin, have been thinking of you this morning, when i get to the hospital it will all be over for you :)  Hope everythig goes ok, im sure your eggs will be fine.

Tricia hope you are feeling ok, let us know please  ^reiki^

TAke care, love and babydust  ^fairydust^

wendyxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Wendy & Sarah

Hope everything goes ok for you with your ec.  From the nos of follicles you have indicated you should both get good results.  We only got 7 eggs this time, I was disappointed with this, but 5 of them formed embryos!

Just remember of only takes 1!!

All going ok so far with me.  Been worked this week & had a mad busy week, so that has helped take my mind of things.  Dreading weekend though, each time it has failed for us it has always been 7 or 8 days after et.  If we get through to Tuesday next week, will start to be abit more optimistic.

Problem is all the signs of period starting are same signs as pregnancy!!

Anyway, will be logging on later to see how you have got on

good luck & bye for now
Tricia

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi Tricia & Sarah

Im back, i think things have gone well!  Follies looked nice and big this time, and there is plenty of them, about 18 i think

Had a blood test and they are ringing me later to hopefully schedule ec for friday.  DH put his foot in it a bit by asking if it didnt go ahead why not?  she then went to explain because there are so many follies blah blah, the possibilty of ec and freezing them all if there was a problem or the slight chance of abadoning the cycle.  (i really wish he hadnt asked  ???)

Anyway  they will be in touch this afternoon, so fingers crossed friday will be my big day,  typed bog day then by mistake  ;D

Hope things have gone well for you today sarah, i was scanning the hospital for signs of you then remembered i wouldnt know you if i fell over you.  I did see a girl in a while nightie and another with blonde hair with an orange fleece!  Hope your not feeling too bad

Fingers crossed for you Tricia for the weekend, sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ your way, hopefully your little embies are snuggling in nicely now.

Speak to you later ^fairydust^

wendyxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi

the hospital have just rang hormones are lower than they thought so ec friday 9.50am :)

Exciting stuff !

catch you later

wendyxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there! :)

It's fate - my EC was 9.50 this morning!!!  ;) So glad your follies are sorted and ready. It all sounds like fab news!! Why do hubbies always say and ask  the wrong thing?!! ^idiot^

Hi Tricia - I'm visualising your snuggling embryos as we speak!!! Keep well and positive. ^reiki^

Well - I only got back about half an hour ago! GA means they keep you in for ages and then hubby had a kid's footy match after school - blooming typical!!
Great news - I hope - 11 eggs!! (8 last time!) I just hope that they are quality ones as that's what counts! Phew!! Anyway they're ringing me tomorrow to let me know how many have fertilised and time of ET (touch wood) so I'll keep you informed.

We're well on our way aren't we! ^fairydust^

You probably wouldn't have seen me today unless you were in the waiting room at about 9.40 and saw a half naked blonde trying to keep her dignity whilst walking to theatre in a hospital gown!!! (Had a white dressing gown on over the top though??) Did you see me? Had my glasses on (no contacts!!).
Oh didn't wear orange either as top still wet this morning!!!

Anyway you have a good rest tonight - 9.50pm jab for you too eh!! Take tomorrow off work if you can - I really benefitted from the rest.Nice relaxing day works wonders!

Speak tomorrow

Dakin xx ^bye^

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi Dakin, thanks for posting, i have been on here loads checking for you

Great news, 11 eggs, well done  :)  more than last time and you thought it would have been less !

I know what you mean about the 9.50 thing !  It made me laugh too, we seem to do things together.  Looks like we will both be there again friday.  I think its really funny when i am there and I know you are there and could be the lady walking past  ;D

Hospital gowns,bloody awful things, i think our dignity is well gone with all this malarky anyway !! 

I feel much better now, looking forward to havings my ec and seeing how many eggs i have too, and no more injections, yippee, my tummy is getting fed up of them.

Hope your putting your feet up, fingers crossed for tomorrow  ^fairydust^

take care, love and babydust

wendyxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!

Hope you are all set for EC tomorrow!!  ^reiki^ Make sure you have bed rest afterwards to allow everything to heal and thicken ready for ET.  ^police^

The hospital have just rang - out of 11 eggs they were able to inject 9, 7 fertilised, 2 are to be frozen (touch wood!) and the best 2 of the other 5 will be put back in tomorrow at 12.30pm! Phew!  :)

Have been on the phone to the doctors today to see about a sick note for another week. Feel like a big wimp/cheater but I want to give these embryos the best chance possible. Last time I went back to work and had loads of stressful situations to deal with and I don't want that this time.  :(

The secretary at school said that my boss is in a foul mood and having a go at everyone!  ^idiot^ I just know that they'll all be rushing to me when I get back and I'll have to try tactfully sort it all out (Deputy Dog!!!). Can do without it to be honest - also supply cover is paid after first 3 days of absence so there's no real loss. Have I talked myself into it enough?!!!

Well good luck for tomorrow - you'll be fab! Just incase you are around, I am 5ft 4, blonde (highlighted and need roots doing!) hair, blue eyes, and I'll be wearing an orange vest top I hope!!

Take care- let me know how you get on.

^fairydust^  and lots of it!!

Dakin xx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi Dakin

well done, fab news  ^congrats^

Frosties too!  you never know you might need them for baby no 2, or 3 even or 4 even ! 

I bet you are really pleased, i am really made up for you, have been wondering and checking all morning.  How do you feel now then ?

I have tickets for my Will young tomorrow night at the summerpops, and i absolutely love will, hence my name ^idiot^ so i will be pulling all the stops out to be there tomorrow.    Planning on Panadol and hot water bottle going with me.  I bought ticket for Monday too, but hopefully i will be having et, £90 for tickets and i probably wont be going to either , trust my timing

Sarah, do not feel in anyway guilty for staying off work, just think of your lovely embies snuggling in and you want to give them the best chance you can, so put yourself first and stuff work  :)

I am in work today came in late, getting some stuff finished off before i am off for a week.  I haven't timed this very well as my assistant flew of to Kos this morning for 2 weeks, but what can i do  ???  Everybody seems fine and I have told them if they need me I am at the end of the phone anyway

I am getting really excited about tomorrow now, i will look out for you, dont quite know what i am wearing yet i maybe a khaki gypsy skirt cos its got elasticated waist and my tummy is huge, look bloody pregnant now :eek:

I am 5 ft 2, short brown highlighted hair, short dark haired hubby.  Isn't it weird describing yourself, i will have my eyes out for an orange vest.

Lots of babydust coming your way  ^fairydust^

wendyxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all,
back in circulation since having my hols in tunisia. very relaxed and ready to roll.had to have an extra week of down reg due to being away only to find i needed yet another week! had scan today and start next set of jabs on sat and scan booked for 11th July. only hope all goes well from now and that its not a big fat neg or strat bleeding as off on honeymoon on 7th august.

seems things are going well with those of you who have already had ec. fingers crossed.
test tube babies has been around for sometime and most of the time it is great inspiration especially when they show couples from the Hewitt centre. feel mentally and physically strong this cycle despite its odd start.love and babv dusy to you all xxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!!

Looblyloo - great to see you back! You seem to be doing really well and I have everything crossed for a 'honeymoon baby!' :)

Wendy, I'll look out for you and hubby tomorrow. My hubby cannot be missed! At the moment his hair is fuzzy and curly (bless I think he likes it!) but the main reason is his bl**dy tash which needs shaving off!!! I hate it......but love him!!!  ;D

Got a sicknote till Thu (why I didn't just say a week!!!) Anyway if I feel shi**y I'll just go back! Glad you're taking time off too! Will young - wish we were going! Can't think of a better way to celebrate EC!  :) Hopefully you'll be fine - I just had pains like a period - not too bad really. :(

2 frosties (touch wood!) am delighted - means I'll have a little something to fall back on if.......well you know what! Am actually beginning to allow myself to think this try might work - Zita says you have to be positive! Once itsy and bitsy are snuggling inside I'll be fine! :)

Well must go and write a note to boss  :mad: to go with sicknote - secretary who is a great friend is picking it up tonight and taking it in for me.

Tons (I put tins!!!  ^idiot^)  of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for tomorrows EC - let me know how you get on.

Love Dakin xx  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Sorry got carried away - bit excited!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys

Almost 1w over of 2ww.  All ok upto now, but must be going to ladies 20 times a day!!  Starting to feel abit stressed now, the next couple of
days are when it has normally failed on past attempts.

Just trying to keep myself busy to take my mind off things.  Luckily for me
I have been very busy in work this week, but next week is going to be quiet & the days are going to drag.

Any idea when the earliest time is you can do a test or is the end of the 2ww the earliest.

talk to you all later
Tricia

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi Girlie's

What a morning, i am glad its over with !  5 eggs, was slightly disappointed but fingers crossed all will be fine  ^reiki^

Lovely to meet you and DH this morning Dakin, hoping all has gone well with you, and you are doing exactly as Zita says.

I have just received a a gorgeous bouquet of flying flowers from my friend so my house is starting to look like a florists  :)

I'm off now as i have a hot date with Will Young tonight, hes my fave  ^cloud9^

Will let you know tomorrow, will be so glad to get our phone call and the nervous wait is over  ^idiot^
Take care, lots of love and babydust  ^fairydust^

wendyxx

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.