Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hellooooooooooooooooo

Where is everybody ?

Whats going on ?  Im off to the hospital tomorrow for our follow up appt.  Will report back in the afternoon

Hope everyone's ok

Bye for now

Wendyxx
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi all!!!

Had a bit of trouble getting on and then too sickly!!!  :)

Hope you are all well!

Looblyloo - goodluck - not long now!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wendy, had a great night out ta, but yeh, it was wierd not telling our friends. We're kinda coming round to the idea that we might let on after the scan on the 9th (touch wood!). Hope your appointment goes well on Wednesday, you seem to be asking all the right questions. I would concentrate on asking them how your drugs will change, in order to get more eggs. They will have probably decided that by now. I think you were on quite a low dose of Menopur - I had 5 powders - age I think! Let us know how you get on.

William again - lucky you! That'll be fab. How do you know about his concerts? Are you a member of his fan club?!!!! Ste and I are looking forward to doing different things - get fed up going out drinking - or rather not!!! Went for lunch today at a posh..ish Greekie bar on the beach at Lower Heswall. Yummy! Getting appetite back a bit now.

Lucky you going to Greece. We LOVE Greece! Corfu, Thassos (twice!), Kos, Mainland (Kassandra Penninsula) and Skiathos. All fab - loved Skiathos especially. ^holiday^

Had a really sicky, tiring day today. God knows how people cope who work?  ::) Gradually coming round to the idea that we are pregnant - there have said it now! Must change my profile. STILL having twinges and cramps though - but getting less often and I can cope a bit better now.

Shall log on again tomorrow to see how you get on at LWH. Also to see how you are Looblyloo.

Take care everyone!  :)

Dakin xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Me again!

Forgot to say - nice new home Mookie!

Also - birthday 20th Wendy! Yours 5th??

Profile changed!

Dakin xx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hello, back from the hospital

didnt find the nurse who took the appt very helpful really, it was a good job i was armed with my questions.

Apparently it is jus the luck of the draw if your follicles have eggs in, mine were slightly on the low side, but hopefully there may be more next time.  She said they may change my stimms a but, higher dose for less time etc, but this will need to be decided by a consultant as they need to avoid the dreaded ohss  :mad:

In all everything was fine, and she closed the file.  But i then asked about darrens sample.  This was pretty much the same as last time which i am pleased about because the tablets he was given still seemed to have worked and its far better than his initial sample.  Although she explained our best chance of pregnancy is with ICSIm natural conception is not impossible.

Looks like i will be starting stimms early october. She asked if we felt we needed to wait at all, as sometimes people feel its too soon ?  I dont,  i just want to do it again, after our hols.

Thats pretty much it really, planning on loosing a bit of weight hopefully before our hols, and will then be all refreshed and ready to go again!

Don't know where we are going Dakin, been to Crete, Kos, Zante and Rhodes, so dont really know, we ar going to wait a few weeks yet

Loobyloo any news ?  hope your ok  ^reiki^

catch up soon, take care, glad you'e updated your profile  Dakin :)

wendyxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!

Hi to everyone. Any news?

Wendy - It's a bit of a let down that they deferred your major questions about drugs to the consultant isn't it. I would have been a bit disappointed too - were you? I thought your consultation would have been organised after he had had chance to review your cycle and think about medication?  :mad:

Nevermind - At least you know Darren's sample is all ok. Wouldn't it be fab if you fell pregnant naturally whilst enjoying yourself on holiday. (I used to dream about this and Ste is azoospermic!!!!) We are allowed to hope and pray.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Like you, I would be eager to start again asap. I had a problem as I needed bloods to do my FSH levels again (only last for a year) so they were going to defer me to June!!! After much arguing and persuasion about building myself up etc etc they squeezed me in though. I said that I felt like it was all about delay tactics!!!! Oh dear! So ....... make sure your FSH isn't out of date by October. You'll be well ready by then - only a couple of months away.

Well I've got the M in Law from hell coming to stay on Sat so please log on if you fancy some fairly humourus ranting!! She's a bit round the bend - lives with Ste's brother in Harrogate but spends a lot of time in day care. Feel sorry for her really but she does wind me up! Ste was going to wait to invite her till after scan (so less pressure on me) but I'd rather get it over with and have told him he'll be doing a lot of the work - cleaning, cooking, entertaining etc (no golf and leaving me!!!) She forgets to say please and thank you, doesn't wash her hands after loo (euch!) and smokes like a trouper!!! Banished outside or in conservatory if it rains I'm afraid!! Shall keep you posted!  ;D

Looblyloo - day 12???? You ok?

Speak soon

Dakin xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Girls

Sorry I've not been around much the last couple of weeks. Had my in-laws staying and have been busy working, sometimes I'm so caught up in my painting I don't realise the time flying by.

We've got consultants appt today so I'm nervous and excited now, waiting to hear exactly what's gonna happen and when!

I'll have butterflies in my tummy up until appt, already have upset tummy....great!

Wendy - I'm hoping they say similar to us, I still can't help hoping every month, but deep down know it won't.  We can't all be those miracle cases you hear about.  Fingers crossed for next time though, if nothing happens before eh!  I'm sure you'll have a fantastic holiday and feel refreshed and ready to face another cycle.

Dakin - It takes ages to sink it, for the 1st 3 months at least I kept pinching myself as I couldn't believe I was actually pg.... that was after only 6 months trying, it felt like a lifetime then and it's only now that I really know what a lifetime is.  I've always wanted children because I come a quite big family, I never expected this and it's difficult to face that in 6/12 months I will either be pg or never be able to.  Cheery thought!

I'm desperately hoping that it works either 1st or last go, like I said before we're only planning to have 2 attempts and I'm trying to be positive and have even starting imagining it happening, but at the same time I've spent the last year and a half thinking it never will and that feeling just won't go away.  The 1st year I was hopeful and just thought it's taking a bit of time, sometimes it does, after a year I knew something was wrong, I guess I'd secretly been thinking it for a little while but didn't want to believe it.  Even before all the tests I knew we'd have to have IVF.

Didn't mean this to be a depressing post sorry!

Dakin - I hope you're not feeling too sickly for long and the in-laws visit goes ok.  I'm sure the scan will be fine, try not to worry though it's no good for the baby.  Remember strong symptoms are a sign of a healthy pg.  A friend of mine is about 6 wks pg and very sick too, I keep telling her the same.

Loobyloo - Hope you're ok too.

Chrissie x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!

Hope your appointment went well Chrissie. Any news or dates? You said you were only having 2 attempts and I was wondering why 2? Is it financial, emotional or both? I'm only asking because we said 3 or 4 but if all doesn't go well for me I really don't know if I'll be able to go again. Mind you we do have 2 frosties so it would be less of a trauma, but it's the 2ww and this time that I think is worse. Sorry - think I'm a bit low!!! Moan, moan, moan! Now I'm sounding like my M-in-Law!  ;D

I'm still a bit sickly with sore boobs but still twinges and pains too! Was great this morning. Went to my pals house (drove for 1st time in 5 weeks!) and we shopped for a few hours. Felt really good as no twinges but a tiny bit nauseus. Came home and did some ironing and a few jobs and now I'm having twinges again - not too painful but a bit tender. What's that all about? Making me feel a bit worried and I'm not convinced all is ok??? Surely I should be able to iron and drive?? Did this happen to you??

Hi Wendy - any news?

Hi Looblyloo - hope uou are ok - Testing tomorrow.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Oh shutdown again - must go!!!!

Dakin xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Me again!!

Stupid computer shut down - really must get virus sorted!! Just so lazy!

Just wanted to say - Off to a wedding tomorrow at the place Ste and I got married (Craxton Wood, Cheshire) which should be nice! Finalised my outfit today with some bronze sandals and jewellery!! (haven't walked around in them semi -naked though Wendy!) Having hair colour cut and blow tomorrow (will it go green??) and am going to de-fuzz and tan up tonight!!! Just hope I feel ok - you just never know!

M-in Law thingie has started already - she phoned at 1.50am (very fast asleep!) today to say Ste's brother Mike, was throwing her out! ( she's a bit paranoid, part of illness I think). Mike was obviously in bed oblivious to it all!!! Oh dear! Think he really does need a break.

Anyway, chat soon!

Dakin xx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all, sorry havent been around for a while,only just become half human again, well more to the point only now have i just about been able to see through the tears shed. Saturday was going well til about 10pm. was really pleased that the dreaded day9 pt was nearly over when.... yes  af decided to show in full force and boy the pain this time was awful. emotions have been really ****ed up and terry well he tries to understand and says the right things but for those of you who have been through the mill you will know that even a good kind loving man who says and does whats right is still WRONG.

hope all is well with you all. forward thinking to my wedding next saturday and honeymoon on sunday, although i feel so fat bloated emotional etc i feel like calling it all off and telling the whole world to f..k off.

ttfn

·
Registered
98 Posts
Loobyloo - sorry to hear the dreaded af turned up.  Poor you.

I really hope you're feeling better soon and I'm sure the wedding and honeymoon will be fantastic, just what you need.

I know what you mean about a good kind loving man and it still doesn't make it better.  DH feels he can't do right for doing wrong.

I'm not great at the moment, found out that they want DH to have chromosome test which is going to delay treatment another 12 wks.... bl**dy great!! We ended having a row and it's stupid, we shouldn't be getting at each other, what a whole nightmare it can be.

I feel gutted, thought I'd be starting treatment the end of next month hopefully, now we're looking at end October/beg Nov with treatment over Christmas....that is just fantastic!

All this after keeping us waiting 1 hour and 20 mins for our appt!!!!!

Dakin - 2 treatments because of finances and emotional side, it's bad enough in the run up to treatment, I dread to think what it will be like when we finally start.

Will post again after I've spoken with hospital again and got my head round the delay, I'm just so dissapointed  :'(

Chrissie x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

Looblyloo, I'm so sorry. It's just the shi**ist feeling in the whole world and if your loving 'hubby to be' can't say the right thing (I've been there) I know I certainly won't be able to either. I just want you to put everything into your wedding and honeymoon and try your hardest to have a wonderful time, as you truely deserve it. Keep in touch. Love to you both. Dakin xx

Chrissie, that's shi**ty news too. We psyche ourselves up to the treatment and then get let down, no-one who hasn't been there can understand. We were supposed to start cycle 1 in Oct 04 but for the first time EVER my af was 2 whole months late - so we started injecting on Christmas Day. THEN I was on Buserelin for 6 weeks and another period had to be induced in the end. It's all such a let down, a huge emotional rollercoaster. Just continue to tell yourself it gives you more preparation time - Zita style. Then you will feel REALLY REALLY ready.

Hope you are ok Wendy.  :)

Well, wedding today.

Speak tomorrow

Dakin xx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Ladies,
How are you all?

Loobyloo so sorry i know how you feel you will feel better soon and will be able to try again. It took me about a month until i started thinking forward and planning another go I am sending you a big hug!!!
Have a break we went away for a week and just chilled it really helped.

Dakin how are you, feeling ok?

Wendy how are you will you have another go?

I am starting again on 21st August I have had 2 perfect 28 day cycles since the failure. I will phone on Monday as AF arrived today to make my appointments for round two. Please let it work this time!!!!

See you later

^goodluck^ ^Cuddle^ ^fairydust^

Love
Sharon
xxxxx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Chrissie,
My husband had these tests done. They have to do them because a low count can sometimes be caused by a chromasome problem and as it happens my husbands is.
My consultant said to us before the test 99% of these come back clear don't worry!!!!
But ours didn't.
My husband has what you call a balanced translocation of chromasomes 13 and 14 what this is is when he was made these two chromosomes got confused and joined each other and then split again half staying in one and half inthe other. Genetically he is perfect but because of this hicup the only thing it affects is his sperm count it is only about 3 million were it should be 15 to 20 million.This kind of thing happens to 1 in 500 of the population of the world and is just mother nature.

The test will show if your husbands problem is something like this or a blockage etc.
You have to have it done apparently.Genetic funnies like this have to be assessed to see if it would have any effect on any child you would have throught the fertility treatment.

Becasue my husbands genetic funny is what they call balanced there is a less than 1% chance that any child would have any kind of defect resulting from it. There are some funnies like this that are what you call unbalanced that can effect a baby here the genetic funny has been inherited rather than just being a freak of nature which is what my husband is.

The test results may come back quicker they tell you 12 weeks because this is the very logest you will have to wait ours took nine weeks and we had a problem so hopefully if they don't find anything they will come back quicker for you.

Keep me posted and if they do find a funny let me know I am an expert now I did that much research when they told us about Mark.

Please do not worry 99% of the time the tests come back clear and even if it comes back with something like my husbands it doesn't effect your treatment and nearly all of the time would not effect a baby adversly at all ,they just have to let you know about it because it is the law.

I hope this helps you can email me if you need any further info.

Stay positive everything will be fine and don't worry.

Love
Sharon
xxxxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!

Good to hear you'll be starting cycle 2 soon Sharon. Fingers crossed this is the lucky one!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Chrissie - hope you are ok and get the test results back quickly as Sharon did.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wendy - where are you? how are you? Hopefully you're having a lovely break from the site and enjoying yourself far too much!!! ;D

Still thinking of you Looblyloo. I hope you have the wonderful wedding you deserve.

I'm still hanging on in here. Still pains, cramps and twinges, especially between 4 and 8pm??? Very wierd. Still not convinced all is AOK but am kinda getting used to the feelings. Luckily I've got all-day sickness so it makes me feel a bit more positive. As of yesterday I've been quite bad really but not actually sick. It's like your whole body feels nauseus with no let up!! Not complaining though! :)

9 day count down to scan (touch wood) so just hope I can make it and maybe relax a tiny bit??

Take care everyone

Dakin xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hang in there Dakin, I'm sure everything is fine.  When I was pg, I analysed every little twinge and cramp and ache and pain.....everything was fine though, it's all perfectly normal.  I was never sick, but felt sick a lot, usually because I would need something to eat, I guess my blood sugar got low or something.  I would get a sudden awful wave of nausea that only went when I ate.  Trouble was through a lot of my pg I didn't have a great appetite.  Keep some biscuits with you, I had those rich tea fingers by my bed so that I could have one the moment I woke up, if I didn't I would feel sick the second I got out of bed.

Thank you for all your advice Sharon.

After spending loads of time this weekend searching on the internet and posting on IVF forums to hear what everyone else has experienced we have decided that unless we can get the results back quick (2/3 weeks), by paying to have it done privately then we aren't going to bother.

At the end of the day if there is something seriously wrong with the chromosomes then we will be unlikely to achieve a pg, I'd rather try than be told not to bother.  Apparently chromosomes can also mean there is a higher risk of miscarriage as well, but to be honest I'd rather take my chances and see what happens.

The fact is I know I won't take any of it forgranted anyway so I'd rather not know or be told we shouldn't even try.  I can't move on without trying, donor sperm is not an option and this is my only chance.  If it's meant to be it will be, if it's not then I'll know soon enough.

I'm sure you might be sitting there reading this thinking we're not making the right decision, but I don't want to waste another 3 months.  We really wanted to have a baby 2.5 years ago and with DH being a lot older this is much later in life than he would ideally like.  Time just isn't on our side unfortunately.

So I'm waiting to hear back from the hospital, and if paying doesn't speed up the process, then we won't be bothering.  I guess we may have to reconsider if they tell us something I don't know yet, but I doubt it.

So hopefully treatment will commence sooner rather than later!

Sorry for the me me me post, this is just such a great place to get everything I'm feeling out.  It's difficult to find support in other places and the only ones who truly understand are those going through it themselves.

Chrissie xxx

·
Registered
98 Posts
me again!!

Just heard from hospital, they are currently looking at offering the test privately but this will not be discussed for at least another 3 weeks.

So we have decided against the test and the doctor was happy with that.  I thought she might try and talk us out of it but it wasn't a problem.  Feel relieved and relaxed, obviously don't need to worry.

So I now have to ring with period, af due middle of next week and get started on cd23.  When did you girls have your appt to discuss drugs?  She said it could be cd23 itself or earlier if they are busy. We're away cd11-19, so I'm hoping appt will fit around that ok.  She just said make sure you've nothing planned when injecting and we haven't so that should be fine.

Arrrrgh nervous now.  Never been excited about af turning up before...it feels weird!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there!

Chrissie - ta 4 your reply, it's good to know that pains are normal and I think I really am getting used to them now. Have stopped thinking af is going to start and the 'knicker checking has reduced!!!! (sorry TMI).

If the hospital has said you can go through the treatment without blood tests, and that it's ok then I wouldn't worry. Apparently the majority come back negative anyway. The waiting is absolutely awful - especially when you are psyched up for it. So .... hopefully you'll be starting the injections at the end of August!!! This time I got my drugs on the 22nd of May and started injecting on the 23rd May!! They really are so busy that it could be on the day too. I'm sure you being away  the week before won't make a single difference.

It is a bit nerve wracking when you start but it's amazing how you just kinda get on with it. It just becomes part of your life for 4 weeks ish. Who's giving the injection - you or DH? We used a sports ice spray on my tummy for a couple of secs before and we were fine. Ste gave me mine, mainly cos I'm a wimp but also to keep him involved. Good Luck!

Hi to everyone! Still thinking of you Wendy, Loobyloo and Sharon.

Chat soon

Dakin xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hiya Dakin

Thanks for your msg, I feel ok about it all now.  Not worrying so much and looking forward to starting the treatment.

Although very nervous about injections!!!  DH will hopefully be doing it.  I asked about injector pens but it's not something they have.....oh no!  That's what I was hoping for.

I'm currently looking on the net to see if I can get one myself to use with the drugs, not sure if it's possible or not, but worth a look.

Will also post on main board to see if anyone else knows.

Chrissie xx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Girls,
I called hospital and got my appointment to pick up drugs 18th August. I need to inject from 20th August.
I inject myself Dh is a bigger wimp than me when it comes to injections.I don't like it but you get used to it.
I am going for reflexology tommorrow thought I would give it a try. Going to yoga on Monday. Thought about accupuncture but think me injecting me is enough for me to take with my needle phobia although it is supposed to be good.
Chrissie i think your descion is fine its up to you like I said we didn't get a choice they just did it.
Dakin hang in there am sure you will be fine.
Loobyloo and Wendy thinking about you hope you are soon ready to have another go.

Lots of love
Sharon
xxx

1 - 20 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.