Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been catapulted into the scary world of IVF and as we will be self-funding need to decide between these two clinics.  Does anyone have any experience of either, good or bad?  Also any successes?
TIA
meg

·
Registered
911 Posts
hi there i am with care manchester although i am still waiting to find out if i can egg share they have all been great and would highly recommend them to any one good luck with your decision

Kerry xx ;D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Meg,

I had successful treatment at CARE in Manchester (our first IVF cycle there) after having 7 IUI and 2 IVF cycles (all unsuccessful) at Manchester Fertility Services (BUPA).

I can recommend CARE for the following reasons: The consultants are there from 7:30AM each and everyday so if your treatment needs 'tweaking' they are on hand to make the decisions. My consultant had already decided how to improve my chances on the next cycle when it appeared it wasn't going so well (I only got 3 eggs) and was willing to try anything and everything at his disposal. Not everyone likes the feeling of being a 'guinea-pig' but it made me feel that they were much more proactive than MFS and I liked that.

Hope this helps a little and good luck with whatever you decide, I've always found the anticipation is much worse than the reality where infertility treatment is concerned.

Fiona xxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Meg,

Definately Care!. I spent too long with LWH before transferring to CARE & the difference was amazing.I have been a patient with them since 2001
As Fiona has said they are very proactive & you are treated as an individual unlike LWH

I would & have no hesitation to reccomend anyone to have treatment @ Care Man

Good Luck

Hermione x

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Meg,

I have just had my first NHS IVF cycle at Liverpool Womens Hospital (tested +ve on 4th March!!!!!) and could not fault them at all.

I have PCOS and was originally prescribed clomid for 6 months but didn't ovulate once so I was then referred for IVF. I was added to the NHS waiting list in May 2004.

I received a letter at the beginning of Sept 2004, inviting me and DH to an information evening on 22nd Sept. Following this, I had to attend for a blood test on D1 of my next period for a blood test and for DH to give in a sample, and then attend an appointment with the consultant to get the results, which was at the end of November.

My results were ok so we were given the go ahead to actually start the IVF treatment on day 23 of my next period, which was 8th Jan 2005. The treatment could have underway quicker but my periods are erratic and this held things up.

The staff were brilliant and extremely helpful and I really couldn't fault them, or the hospital at all. I expected to be treated as 2nd class as I was an NHS patient but this was not the case.

I would recommend them to anyone  :).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kerry, thanks for your response, good luck with the eggshare.

Fiona, I like the idea of being able to have early appts and proactive approaches, I do find the NHS has alot of 'blanket' policies when it comes to fertility tx. 

Hermione, were you an NHS or private patient with LWH?  So far all my treatment (3x clomid, 3x IUI) has been on the NHS and everything moves so sloooowly.  When you went to care did they repeat all your blood tests again or accept those from other fert clinics?

SK228- congratulations on your pregnancy!  I was just thinking there were no positive comments about LWH at all until i read your reply.  I am amazed you got treated so quickly though, i have been told there is a 3 year NHS waiting list, which local health authority funded your treatment?

well i am still undecided and its such a big decision to make but your comments have made me realise that if i go to one and don't like it, there are always other places i can have my treatment.thanks again ladies,
meg :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Meg  :),

I was really lucky because I live in Sefton and their waiting list was only 4 to 5 months long, although if I lived a few streets away, I would be under Liverpool and be on a 3 year list!

It just shows how unfair the postcode lottery is, although I have to admit that it was in my favour this time.

Good luck with your treatment, wherever you decide to go  ^fairydust^ .

Best wishes

Sarah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.