Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

What a foul, stormy day! Good excuse for logging on in the middle of the afternoon though!

I am afraid this post kind of duplicates one or two others that have gone up this week, but here goes anyway..............

Over Christmas, both my mother and Alex's mother independently raised the question of changing clinics for our next (fourth) ISCI attempt. This has made us think hard about our choice of clinic. I won't bore you with the details but there has been a niggling doubt in our minds right from the start of our tx.
Consequently we have decided to at least LOOK at the alternatives.

One possibility might be that we move in with MIL during tx and seek treatment in London, which opens up a wide range to us.
Obviously I need to speak to a few clinics by telephone, and perhaps visit one or two but I would also be very interested to hear some FFs' opinions.

I have been through the list of clinics on the HFEA site, trying not to be swayed by statistics alone, but on the whole it is just a list of names at the moment so any comments, positive or negative, about your experiences would be welcome. (I have one or two gut feelings picked up from FF posts over the past few months but have not even heard of some of the other clinics.)

Generally I am interested to know whether you have found the doctors to be supportive and if the atmosphere at the clinic is positive.
Would your experience encourage you to recommend the clinic to a friend?

I know this is a decision that we have to take for ourselves but at the moment we just don't know where to start or even whether we should move at all!

Flo ^sunny^

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi Flo,

Its a very tough decision isnt it, we had one bad experience that at the time put us off completely of doing another cycle anywhere but when you are despertae for a child as we are, we will do anything.

Anyway to cut a very long boring story short, we are at present having our NHS go at Barts in London (they are not the bad experience clinic), they seem so nice there and the doctor is lovely who we see, he has been straight with us from the start regarding my cysts and although i was dissapointed when he initialy said i needed them removed before we commenced treatment, i have now 100% faith that they will get us pregnant.

As you may know Kim also had her treatment there and has Joe, so thats such an incentive that they must be doing it right.

Some of the girls though are going to the Lister (a good few i might add), hopefully they will give you a better idea of there experiences, but ive heard a lot of praise about the Lister.

Anyway enough of me babbling on, i hope you find a good clinic and i have everything crossed for you.

Love

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
I havent started at The Lister yet, but have been up there for a consultation.

All I can say was they were very nice and very positive about IF. Seemed really friendly and professional. Sorry i cant be of more help but they seemed as good as anywhere.

Good Luck

Love Louxx

If only there was a guarantee ???

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
P.S

Mel they WILL get you pg!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mel,

2003 is going to be your year (I can feel it in my waters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

^bundle^

Flo

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi Flo!

I'm a Lister girl! and there are a few more of us too!

To say I love it there is possibly a bit over the top. I could obviously do without having the treatment! ;)

But I feel very comfortable there and we are not considering transferring anywhere else.

You may want to have a look at the Lister's web site.

http://www.ivf.org.uk/

If you would like any further information, please IM me.

Good Luck with your decision.

Love Sue
xx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you girls for replying so quickly - I managed to get some sleep last night unlike the night before when I dreamed of turning up at the Lister for an appointment at 4pm ( time of today's review meeting, not that I was worried about it or anything!) just to be told by the receptionist that all the appointments had been reallocated that morning on a first come first served basis

^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^ ^witch^

I think I have been reading too many stories about clinics errors recently.

Flo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts