Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start donor egg treatment from LWC partnership with the London Egg Bank. They have an unproven donor with 6 frozen eggs - seems so few, and costs are so high, closing on 14k with no guarantees. Has anyone been in a similar situation please- what was your experience like with them, and that small number of eggs?

I'm also half thinking to start searching for a known donor instead via ** donor groups, and going for a fresh cycle - has anyone been on that journey either? The issue is that ethnicity (Irish) matters in this case and they just don't seem to be appearing on egg bank profiles. Being known is important to me - I want to thank the person, and for them to know the outcome if they want to. All input appreciated!

·
Registered
313 Posts
im looking into this and CAREPay offer 2 cycles (2x 6 eggs) for 15k and 50% refund if no baby so I think is a better deal..problem is still finding the initial outlay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip @Katehe- does that include finding the donor and the cost of their treatment please? Or do you need to find your own donor first? I wasn't clear from their website.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This seems expensive.

I found a known egg donor with Altrui. We now have our daughter and had six frozen embryos (with my partners sperm). We’ve used a further one and I’m pregnant again. But I know it takes time to find a donor.

If all six eggs of these frozen become day 5 embryos then you’d be doing well - but yes hard to know.

Are you hoping for multiple children from the same donor?

X

·
Registered
308 Posts
P.S I didn’t match my ethnicity in the end. My daughter looks like my husband. I’m very happy but think I would have had an impossible task finding someone who looked like me. Would you be happy with hair / eye colour or is Irish a deal breaker?

I feel for you - it’s super hard and there are no guarantees. I just didn’t want to wait and my donor was proven and had children or her own and had successfully donated before.

·
Registered
313 Posts
flippity..they have access to a frozen egg bank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts