Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have'nt posted on this thread before been on ladies in waiting.  we finally got a + results using donor sperm on an iui natural cycle.  still in stock, just can't belive it.  anyway i'm looking for a "buddy" anyone who has or is in a similar situation to us.  we would loved to hear how you approach things like: telling friends and family or people at work. thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi Carenb,
;D GReat news.  Do you mind me asking how many diui's you had before this one?  My husband and I are going for our fifth attempt this month and hoping for some good news!  After that we may start stimulated DIUI.
Take care
Jojo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi jojo

looks like i spoke at bit to soon, we did get a +ive hpt on sat, sun and mon but af arrived on tuesday the nurse sais it was a very very early m/c.  we were gutted, but we are trying again.  it was our first attempt at diui (had 4 isci and 1 fet all using dh sperm) we are going to have another go on a natural cycle next month. have you had a natural cycle?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi Carenb,

I am soooo sorry for your loss.  I think it is great that you are very upbeat and going to move on and try again.  I have had four natural IUIs and we are going this month for our fifth on the NHS.  If this one is unsuccessful we are going to start stimulated cycles, aparently using stimulation drugs increases your chances, but there can be problems and complications.  Are you going back this month for another cycle?
Jo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi jojo

we have to wait untill my next period this time because of our early m/c. the nurse said that it is advisable to wait until next month just to let things settle down.  i was really dissapointed, we both wanted to get going straight away.  can i ask why you are having to use a donor. my dh had a vasectomy reversal but it failed, he has children from a previous marriage, his oldest daughter is 19 and is due to give birth next year to a son, she got preggers by accident, i find this very difficult to deal with!, but life goes on and you just have to keep your chin up, very hard at times. 

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi carenb,

I know it is difficult when the nurses say give it another month, I have heard that so often.  Months then turn to years but I'm sure they are doing it for the best.  When I am in that situation I make the most of it and go out with the girls for a few drinks!
I am having to use donor as a result of Dh having testicular cancer 13 yrs ago.  His tumour was so aggresive that they found the lump and he was in surgery the next day.  The hospital didn't take a semen sample until after the operation and they were not in good shape, although they were still moving they were not considered fit for freezing. He then went through 6months of radiation and that killed what was left.  13 yrs on he still has no count, the hospital should have taken semen for storage the night before his op but they didn't and at the time that was the last thing on my hubby's mind, he was young and single then.  It wasn't the radiation but the shock and aggression of the tumour removal that did the damage.  Hey ho, at least he survived.
Can your Dh not have his semen removed using a TESE? I thought the body still produced sperm but it couldn't come out the conventional method?
My best friend (who only needs to say the word sperm and she's pregnant) discovered she was expecting her first even though her hubby had had the snip! There's always hope!!
Jo     

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry to hear your news carenb it's such a shame. You still seem positive which is good.Took us ages to decide whether to give it another go or not & then we had to have the treatment cancelled. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts