Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,i am looking for a forward facing carseat for my lil miss whos 5 months old is there such thing??  ???
she just looks so uncomfortable in her combi one that came with the pram-all bent over and squashed,she is v.v long so maybe thats why?  :-\
xx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
How much does she weigh?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
my sis has just bought one that is from birth to 4 years and it can be rear facing till they're old enough to be forward facing. its a new design that can be swivveld round on the base so you dont have to keep taking it out of the car.... the name of it has gone completely out my head though but she got it from Kiddiecare!

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
We had a similar problem with Amy. In the end we brought a 0/1 stage car seat that faces both forward and backwards. Its not reccomened that you turn them round until about 9months as their necks aren't strong enough in a crash...

We have the britax first class which lasts from birth up to about 4 years.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
We have the Britax First Class Si too and my DS was rear facing in it until just over 8mths and he was (is) very long...  I would just go for a 0-1 car seat rather than a stage 1 as the 0-1 are designed to be rear facing too and they generally last until 4 yrs old so you wouldn't have to buy another too soon.

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
i know they do one in argos from birth to 4yrs which can be foward or rear facing. ill see if i can find it and post  a link when i get a min as i have a little man on my lap  ;D

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very helpful cheers girlys ,as for her weight i havent had her weighed for about a month so best i do that lol !!!  ::)  :p  ;D

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
It is really is best to keep little one's in a rear facing for as long as possible, so even if you buy a new seat I wouldn't recommend having it front facing until at least 9 months.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hi,

i got my britax first class from kiddicare and its excellent.  L has been in it from 4 months as he's a big boy - he stay rear facing for a year though as we live in California and that's the law here.  Its now forward facing and still has plenty of room in it.  it fits very secure (especially forward facing) and it has done 5 international flights with no damage. 

Good luck finding one x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
DO NOT face baby forwards until at least 9 months as unable to support themselves in a crash  :(  its actually illegal aswell so my local baby shop told me.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
If you need a bigger seat I would go for a rear and forward one and keep it rear for as long as possible

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hi

I have the britax first class SI too for DS and i would strongly recomment you check out your make of car against a car seat as i dont mean to sound a B*tch however my babies life is worth having a solid bulky car seat that i know is safe for him and has been checked for my make/model of car

You can go to mothercare and they will test the seats in your car for you

x

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Another owner of the Britax SI First Class Ultra!!  ;D ;D

Wish we'd never bothered with an infant carrier!! C has been in this since he was about 3mths old!

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
We were told to put our DD in her 2nd stage seat at either 9kgs or 9 months, whichever came 1st.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
now we were told the weight was more important and to wait till they 9kg! or the head came over the top of the car seat

1 - 20 of 29 Posts