Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking for a cheap clinic for egg donation with early menopause lady in the Uk.

Please need a good recommendation. Thank you
Hi there . I don’t have anything information to help you but just wanted to wish you luck .

Clinics abroad seem to have much more affordable options especially if you need a few attempts x I have had some super advice on here so hopefully someone has the experience to help a little . I would possibly research clinics overseas to prepare emotionally and financially that it may not be a success first time round like it isn’t for most people . X

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there . I don’t have anything information to help you but just wanted to wish you luck .

Clinics abroad seem to have much more affordable options especially if you need a few attempts x I have had some super advice on here so hopefully someone has the experience to help a little . I would possibly research clinics overseas to prepare emotionally and financially that it may not be a success first time round like it isn’t for most people . X

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
In all honesty, there are no cheap clinics in the UK. All bound by HFEA rules. Usually its a one size fits all in the UK and there will be 1 session of compulsory counselling for using donor products.

In 2007, so 14 yrs ago, I used UK clinic for OE/OS cycle and that was £5k even back then.

Alternatively, I have been using clinics abroad for donor cycles since 2012 and depending where you go it can be as reasonable as €3k to around €5k. So still less than the UK in 2007..... no compulsory counselling. And usually, clinics abroad will make your cycle tailor made to you.
For my last few cycles, I've used Serum in Athens, Greece. My last cycle in Oct cost €3k for Embryo adoption and about €1000 for meds, accommodation and flights.
Be prepared for needing extra money if you need things like pre cycle tests or hysteroscopies etc.
Being in early menopause doesn't mean anything if your having ivf cycles for own egg or donor as you get given drugs that help you anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all honesty, there are no cheap clinics in the UK. All bound by HFEA rules. Usually its a one size fits all in the UK and there will be 1 session of compulsory counselling for using donor products.

In 2007, so 14 yrs ago, I used UK clinic for OE/OS cycle and that was £5k even back then.

Alternatively, I have been using clinics abroad for donor cycles since 2012 and depending where you go it can be as reasonable as €3k to around €5k. So still less than the UK in 2007..... no compulsory counselling. And usually, clinics abroad will make your cycle tailor made to you.
For my last few cycles, I've used Serum in Athens, Greece. My last cycle in Oct cost €3k for Embryo adoption and about €1000 for meds, accommodation and flights.
Be prepared for needing extra money if you need things like pre cycle tests or hysteroscopies etc.
Being in early menopause doesn't mean anything if your having ivf cycles for own egg or donor as you get given drugs that help you anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thank you for your advice, really appreciated. I'm considering abroad as well. Here it's very expensive. Have you get a good treatment in your chosen clinics?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I eventually got my nearly 3 Yr old son. Lots of hidden, unknown, complex issues meant at least 5 cycles before we got everything right.

Sometimes it's a longer journey than expected, but all worth it if you get what you wanted to achieve.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If you might consider IVF abroad, I am happy with treatment I got in my clinic. Affordable prices, excellent service, and high success rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts