Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls
have just finished IUI and now looking for ivf clinic i live in west sussex and dont have a clue how to go about choosing a clinic. any helpful tips?? is anyone using Lister/hove nuffield or tunbridge wells or woking nuffield??
any advice would be great!
thanks
alfie x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Alfie

I live in west Susssex (bottom of M23)

We are having TX at Guys hopital in London and it has been fantastic.
1. easy to get to - train straight to London Bridge and a 2 min walk
2.  friendly helpful nurses
3. the consultants are great.  very helpful and give you all the information you need to make your choices
4. the information evening couldn't have been better
5. for drugs they have an arrangment with the drugs company that supplies at cost.  which is helpful at such an expensive time.

Post me if you would like any further information,  I have ET tomorrow and wouldn't change clinics for anything.

hope this is helpful

Good luck
love lshack xx

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hi Alfie

I am in E Sx, and went to Nuffield Tun Wells, it is a small team but very friendly with "close family feel", it doesn't take long to feel at home and fit in.  The staff are very flexible and can work appts around your committments usually.

Only downside I can think of is that it can be hard to get hold of them on the phone - you have to leave messages and they call you back, but that has always been sameday and even in hours.

Good luck with your decision, my next cycle is at Barts, London because the NHS Trust are paying, otherwise I would still choose Tun Wells.

Sue

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Alfie.  I've had two successful treatments (both 1st time) at the Lister.  It's the results that matter but DH and I were told by an embryologist when we first made contact with them, that it is a 'sausage factory' and we would agree somewhat as you are in and out very quickly and don't always see the same staff. 

The staff are friendly.  We didn't have any problems so perhaps if we had needed counselling or more face to face chats it would have tested the system more thoroughly.  We were happy to go in and get the task done each time and then get out and hit the M4 or go for lunch etc.  Not to put you off at all because their stats. are very good and we have had such amazing results.  Good Luck with your choice and treatment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi all
thanks for all your thoughts about clinics, i think we will go to the lister open evening nad probably go to see tunbridge wells and then make a decision. what sort of waiting times do they have anyone no?
anyway i'll keep ypu posted. goog luck to all having tx!!
love alfie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.