Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls. I have found it dififcult to keep up to speed (particularly those on prep course/home study) so I have done what I can from memory, so please let me know if i've missed anything/anyone and I will update from now on.

Good luck to everyone

Post matching

Karen : Approved at panel on 22nd April. First little girl moved in on 8/11/04, second little girl moved in on 9/12/04 ^jumpin^

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April. X moved in on 8/11/04 ^jumpin^

Ann: Approved at panel on 4th November 2004. Matched to two girls, who moved in in January 2005.

Cindy: Approved at panel on 27th October 2004. Matched to a little boy who moved in Feb 2005.

Post Panel/Awaiting Match

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Everhopeful: Approved at Panel on 17th Feb 2005, now awaiting a suitable match

Waiting for Panel Date/Panel Result

Mandy (MSW): Panel 3/3/2005

Home Study/Prep Course

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment. Assigned a new SW now moved house. Panel may 2005?

Ang (Molly 2003): Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Nat (Crazy): Currently doing home assessment.

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Allocated SW. prep course Jan/Feb 05.

Homer & Marge: Prep course September.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Prep course Feb 2005

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Morgana: Allocated SW, Prep course May 2005

Donnalee: Home assessment starts 18/1/05

LB : Prep course starts in Jan 2005

Georgia Prep course starts 2/2/05

Tracey H: Allocated SW and attending prep course in Feb 2005.

JenniferF Awaiting vist from Sw to start prep course

Pam (saphy75) Prep course in the Spring of 2005

Paddy *Adopting from RUSSIA * SW visit completed and course starts 3/12/04

Val 12 Prep course starts Feb 2005

Jude2 Prep course starts April 2005

Initial Stages

Nerys (lochness) Attending Foster Care Open evening on 27/01/05

HelenB Information Day with LA 17th December

Nic (Hopingforbaby) Currently considering the adoption option

Magenta Made initial contact with the agencies

Natasha Intro evening 11th Jan 2005

Oh where oh where can they be!

Carol (allineedisamircale): Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting? :-\ )

Jo (jolene): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting? :-\ )

Karen x

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Karen - thanks for doing the list.  Can you update me please as I am going on the March 05 preparation course which starts 7/3/05.  Many thanks.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Good Morning everyone....
I cant believe it took me so long to catch up on everything!

Jenny- Great news on the date for the prep groups..I knwo you have waited a while but I found once we started them that the time just flew by!

MSW- Oohhh how exciting and nervewracking at the same time...you are so near to being promoted to the next "mummy" step. I hope things goes smoothly for you and dh..make sure you try and get as many ZZZZzzzz's during your last 10 sleeps!! ;D ;D
Re weight watchers!....I joined 2 weeks ago and am feeling really goo, I have 3 stone to lose too and managed a massive 3lb in my first week. Back again tomorrow for another weigh in but I havent gone hungry at all..

Ever- Fab news.............many congratulations and dont forget to keep us posted...

Hi to everyone else....Im sorry I wasnt good enough to make notes today.....more personals next time....

Anyway 4 weeks today and we go to panel. We got our F1 form back last week and will see the SW sometime this week to go over anything we are not happy with. Its actually quite odd reading stuff about yourself and how other people see you!...Im glad to say that she put some wonderful stuff in their and makes me realise how strong and happy we are!..
The day after panel we are going camping with our 3 nephews and niece to the New Forest....I really hope that it warms up a bit..but just incase I have bought some thermals at the weekend!

Karen - Can you change my details to waiting for panel....we have already been told that we should expect a wait of around 18 months to be matched so its stilla long journey but are half way there!.

Ok back to work for me!

Take care everyone..

Natsxxx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Karen,

Can you add me to the list.  We have had the initial visit and are now awaiting prep course, hopefully will be invited on in April 2005.  I feel we are at the beginning of a very long road which is hard when we feel so ready to become a family.  Still following your story makes us feel that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks
Danielle.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi,

Karen, please can you update me on the list as we had our initial visit today and have been invited to join a prep course later this year. [insert very excited but awe-struck icon here]

SW is trying to get us a 'last minute' place on the August course (there is only one place left which is being allocated on Wednesday) but, if course is full, then we are definately booked into the November course.

magenta x

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Nat's,

WOW only 4 weeks to panel for you as well buddy ;D ;D ;D and then we can both join the expectant mummys club. I have joined the WW on line which is for the next 3 months. Day one so far and feeling good. I really want to be a slim(er) mummy especially for all the family snap shots :) :) :). good luck with this weeks weigh in.

My dad has been round tonight to look at what decorating we need to do and he is going to start it in a couple of weeks. It's amazing how many unfinished jobs we are getting under our belt.

Poor DH is really poorly with a flu like illness so we both hardly got anysleep last night, so i am really whacked, goodness know what i will be like with Little's being up in the night. ;D

Been round to one of my Friends today for a coffee in my lunch break, her son is 14 months old (IVF) and he was sooooooooooooooooo cute, and I kept thinking I could have one (or 2 eeeeeeeeeeek) just like you in a few months time, fingers crossed.

TTFN Mandyxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just heard back from social Worker and we are booked in for the August prep course (yippppeeeeeee!)

Hoping to join a local support group in the next month to get extra support and information whilst we wait.

A friend said something wonderful to me when she heard it would be 5 months until our course  " don't count the days - make the days count".

magenta x

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi magenta

What a lovely saying  :)I must try to remember it.

Great news on your prep course date. August will be here before you know it. Mine was last July and in someways I don't know where the time 'has' gone? ::)

Mandyxx

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi Karen

thanks for the list can you update me - we completed course and are now doing home study

thanks
LB

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi all,

am back to normal non-stressed self again!

The nurse sent a BP monitor home with me cos she thought I was just stressing cos of being in the doctors, and I've been testing it for the last few days.....all fine and normal! I'm just glad I got it all sorted out now rather than having waited till my medical was done to notice I was suffering from a touch of "white-coat syndrome"    which is a bit mental really as i wear a white coat (lab coat) at work every day!

Anyway who said brains were locigal eh!

I've got my 1-2-1 with SW next.......not sure what to expect, but know that we shouldn't go into details here!

XXRuth. :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
We have got the dates for our March preparation course.  It is for 6 days, 3 days each week for 2 weeks, so have had to call my parents and parents in law in to look after our son.  We also have to drive an hour each way to the venue but it will be worth it I am sure.

LB - sounds like things are moving along  :)

Magenta - good news that you will be on the August preparation course.  :)

Nats/msw - won't be long now  :)  Fantastic news that the end is in sight.

Donnalee - half way through your home study  ;D  That is brilliant news.  Once you got going it seems to have sped by  :)

Ruth - well done on having a normal bp.  Must be a relief  :)

Hi to everyone else.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Mandy- I am starting to get a tad nervous about our panel date, I guess we have been building up to it for so long (17 months so far).....How are you coping  :) :).
I am hoping that you are not being as silly as me!
Good luck on the WW. I went to my weigh in and lost another 2.5lb this week, only 1.5lb left till my first half a stone, and already I am feeling much better and positive about things.
I hope dh is on the road to recovery and will be fighting fit for panel!. Have they given you a rough time for matching??....I know we have a long wait! :( :( Never mind!

Magenta- I found the waiting a bit tedious at the start but we just decided that thin gs would happen in there own time and I can honestly say that its flown by for us overall...

LB- Hope you are having fun on the home study..

Ruth- Glad to hear the BP is just fine, sometimes they make you worry about worrying and it makes it worse!..if you get my meaning.
Good luck on the 1-2-1. I found mine very easy didnt discuss half the things that I had thought up in the prior week!

Jenny- Great news on the prep groups...you are well on your way now, this is when we found the time flew by!

Karen- Hope you are well, I guess you are a busy bee now with your girls.  ;D ;D

Hi to everyone else.....

We are just getting ready for Crufts.....I dont show but the company I work for has a stand there so 4 days of standing on my feet isnt what I call great fun, but the overtime wont go a miss.....maybe this will be my last one!...heres hoping anyway.

Byzeee bye

Natsxx

·
Registered
58 Posts
We decided to take the plunge.  I contacted a local agency last week and we were sent some really helpful information.  My husband and I talked and talked...and talked some more.  An initial visit has been set up for next month.  I also spoke to a sw about a few of my concerns and she was so nice...she really set my mind at ease.  We're both nervous and excited at the same time.

Good luck and lots of best wishes to everyone going through the process....it'll be worth it in the end  ;D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Girls

Ruth - glad to hear the Bp has gone back to normal.  Don't worry about the 1-2-1 its great to talk things through without feeling that you and dh will talk over one another or one of you does all the talking.

Nats - good luck with panel date and congrats on the weight loss.

MSW - hope dh is better, not long to wait now!

Magenta - great news on the course dates

Jennifer - you will thoroughly enjoy the course, worth the drive.

Ever - Any news on any Form E's?

Our final review went well on Tuesday they've commented on what a good match it is.  We have a new SW although our old one is staying in touch as she wants to see it through.  The girls also have a new SW as their previous one is on long term sick and doesn't look like she'll return.  They've recommended we wait beyond the 16 weeks to apply to court for the final papers as once these are through all support from Social Services stop.  They want to make sure I cope with future changes such as returning to work!

Not much else going on here.  Going for only my second night out since having the girls tonight so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone else is well.
Bye for now
Karen x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope I've managed to capture all the updates people have given. Welcome to Flymypretties too,

Post matching

Karen : Approved at panel on 22nd April. First little girl moved in on 8/11/04, second little girl moved in on 9/12/04

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April. X moved in on 8/11/04

Ann: Approved at panel on 4th November 2004. Matched to two girls, who moved in in January 2005.

Cindy: Approved at panel on 27th October 2004. Matched to a little boy who moved in Feb 2005.

Post Panel/Awaiting Match

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Everhopeful: Approved at Panel on 17th Feb 2005, now awaiting a suitable match

Waiting for Panel Date/Panel Result

Mandy (MSW): Panel 3/3/2005

Nat (Crazy): Home assessment finished, waiting for panel date

Home Study/Prep Course

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment. Assigned a new SW now moved house. Panel may 2005?

Ang (Molly 2003): Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Allocated SW. prep course Jan/Feb 05.

Homer & Marge: Prep course September.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Prep course Feb 2005

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Morgana: Allocated SW, Prep course May 2005

Donnalee: Home assessment started. Panel date of 7/7/05 given

LB : Prep course starts in Jan 2005

Georgia Prep course starts 2/2/05

Tracey H: Allocated SW and attending prep course in Feb 2005.

JenniferF prep course starts 7/3/05

Pam (saphy75) Prep course in the Spring of 2005

Paddy *Adopting from RUSSIA * SW visit completed and course starts 3/12/04

Val 12 Prep course starts Feb 2005

Jude2 Prep course starts April 2005

Danielle Initial visit done, waiting for prep course dates

Magenta initial visit 21/2/05, prep course August 2005

Initial Stages

Nerys (lochness) Attending Foster Care Open evening on 27/01/05

HelenB Information Day with LA 17th December

Nic (Hopingforbaby) Currently considering the adoption option

Flymypretties Initial visit March 2005

Natasha Intro evening 11th Jan 2005

Oh where oh where can they be!

Carol (allineedisamircale): Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting? :-\ )

Jo (jolene): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting? :-\ )

Karen x

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi ladies

WARNING MOAN COMING ON ;D ;D

I still haven't heard anything about my prep course :mad: we were told it would be in march, surely they have the dates sorted out by now :mad: :mad:
I know i should phone them and see whats going on but for some reason i just can't seem to bring myself to do it, i think i'm worried they are going to tell me i'm not on the course for some reason and my LA only run 2 courses a year so if i miss this one i have to wait until the autumn oh well better stop being a baby and give them a ring on monday, thanks for reading

MOAN OVER ;D ;D

great to read you are all progressing well with your adoptions

pam xx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi girls,
am on day 2 of our prep course and it's been great. The SW's are lovely and seem really approachable. Also all of the other couples are really nice and normal and down to earth. I think I was expecting some 'earth mother' types who would make me feel inadequate or who I couldn't relate to but they are lovely. Everyone else seems to have the same fears and concerns as dh and me so we're all supporting each other.

It's also really interesting, dh has enjoyed it much more than he thought and the guest speakers we've had have been wonderful as well as emotionally draining. The SW's have encouraged a few debates and the men in the group especially dh have a right old rant  :eek: I had to prod him in the ribs to shut him up at one point.

Anyway better go and take the dog out, hope everyone is ok and have a good weekend,

Val x

·
Registered
577 Posts
yeah DHs are funny creatures when it comes to these things arent they!

mine was absolutely dreading ours last May, but then loved it so much he started proclaiming that everyone should go on one! Definately and all or nopthing tyoe of chap! gotta love him.....well, I do anyway! :)

Pam....I'd definately get on the phone to them!

have a nice weekend everyone!

XXRuth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pam, 

I definitely agree that you should contact them.  We were supposed to be on our Preparation Course in September last year.  When I called them they said that we were reserves for that course and would be definitely be on the February one.  As it is we are on the March one and start our first 2 days next week and another 2 days the week after.  I ended up e-mailing our Social Worker and found that I got a quicker reply rather than going through the admin staff.

Today we have received the Itinerary for the course and it all looks very exciting, we can't wait to get started. 

Good Luck.

Tracey

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.