Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls.  Happy chatting and good luck to all of you on your journey.

Love
Karen x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Thank you for the new home Karen - you do a great job of keeping track of us all.

Will look forward to logging in tomorrow & seeing if Molly has had some good news, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her & will go and say a little prayer for her, not as though I'm really religious, I just some times think it helps.

Looking forward to catching up with everyones news, best wishes to all.

Love Andrea
xx

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
well i shouldnt have so impatient yesterday as it got hopes up-  we just got a letter, saying we are being deferred till the jan prep courses, pending the outcome of a home visit in the near future... this is because of our recent fertility treatment :mad: I know its only a couple of months but i sooooo wanted to get going. also it would fit in so well with dh being off work. now he'll have to start a new job and immediately ask for 4 1/2 days off.
ho hum, i knew the fertility txt was going to be a potential stumbling block so i shouldnt be surprised ::)

off shopping to cheer myself up

kj x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
KJ

Sorry things haven't gone to plan as you wished but SS are quite strict about the length of time from your last fertility treatment, most like it to be 6 months but some like it to be a year until you apply,

SS say it's to give you time to come to terms with the fact that you will never have a birth child & you need to grieve.

I'm on your side though, you know the process will take time & you wouldn't have thought about adoption if you were not 100% committed to it.

It's not long until January - according to Mandy's Christmas count down - it's 66 days till Christmas, & days later its new years eve - then its January.

Try to keep busy, go and do some things you like & spend spend if it cheers you up - that's what I do!

Look after yourself, sending you a hug.

Love
Andrea
xx

PS your godson is lovely, I'm also blessed to have a lovely god daughter, she is now 9 & I was so happy when her Mum & Dad asked myself & DH to be her godparents.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

we had some good new yesterday. We met our new SW on tuesday and she said she'd chase up the person who holds all the files. Next day she emailed me to tell me that we are not currently being considered for anyone in our LA (which we knew) so she was going to send our form F out to the SW of the sibling group we'd been interested in. Even if it doesn't work out with that family it really feels like we're making progress!!  :)

Mandy: hope the dads are feeling better soon, and your little one heals up nicely.

KJ: bummer about the delay! It feels like a long tedious process sometimes!

bye for now,
XXRuth.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ruth

What good news let's hop-e you get to hear about the sibling group you've been interested in, keep us posted! ;D

Love Andrea
xx

·
Registered
290 Posts
KJ I am soo sorry that you have had  disappointment, it really is a pain in the butt when you are waiting for something and then it is held back. But we all know about waiting :)

Ruth well done on your good news, it is always great to hear that someone is getting on well.

Nothing much happening here just told work that I would need some time off for my prep course and thankfully they were great about it. Thank goodness.

Hope everyone else is OK.

LOL Keli

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Good news here,  ;D we have been allocated our social worker and we have our first visit from our social worker on Wednesday to start our portfolio and arrange schedules for regular visits.  She is not the lovely lady that did our home visit unfortunately as we all took to each other but hopefully she will be as nice.  ;) Only had to wait a week after we got dh's crb check back so our LA is on the ball which is great.

KJ - sorry about your disappointment but it was not totally unexpected.  January will soon come round and you have Christmas to look forward to first  ;D

Ruth - great news.

All the best to everyone

Jenny

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Jen,

you're going to be sooo busy now with your home study you won't know whats hit you, and next thing you know you'll be going to panel! i hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

karen has gone to court today hasn't she....how exciting, I'm going to be such a mess when that day comes for us....am already nearly crying think of how karen and her family are getting on and I've never even met her.....must be PMT time again!  :)
xruth

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Well the girls and Rich are having a nap and I am sipping champagne!!!  We are now legally the girls parents.  We've had a lovely afternoon and I have been given a lovely bouquet of flowers and the girls have a gift from the LA and one each from the courts (they had to choose it out of a pop up toy tiday thing!) and we've got loads of photos.  Eldest kept talking about her special day and going to see the man with the funny hair!!

We are off to the pub for tea to meet some friends and have a few drinks and then we will celebrate properly in the New Year when both Dad's are better.  We are going to hire a coach on the Severn Valley railway and have a picnic with the family.  Decided it was better to do something with immediate family and something that the girls would enjoy rather than have a party for everyone elses benefit!

Jen - great news on getting an SW.

Thinking of you all (hic)!!

Karen x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi everyone,

Karen - Execellent news!  Congrats to you all.  Enjoy a well deserved evening.

Hobbs - Welcome to the board!  Good luck with your journey.

Jenny - So thrilled to hear that you are starting HS. 

KJ - Sorry to hear about your delay.  January is not far away, you know how time flies.

Keli - Glad work were ok about time off for the prep course.

Ruth - Good news, hope you hear more soon.

Andrea - Hi there!

Hi to everyone else too.

We have some news too.  Our CRB checks are both back and ok, and we should be hearing about our prep course dates by the end of this month.

Laine

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
CONGRATULAIONS KAREN & RICH!

Doesn't it feel great - I don't mean the champagne!

Hang in girls - this will be you sooner than you think! ^reiki^

Hope everyone is OK? ;D

Laine good news on your CRB checks, lets hope you get a date soon for your prep course.

Molly - any news yet..............have been thinking about you. :)

BFN
Love
Andrea

·
Registered
931 Posts
^milestone^ ^congrats^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

CONGRATULATIONS KAREN AND RICH ON OFFICIALLY BECOMING A FAMILY!

Very well done, at long last. Enjoy your evening x

·
Registered
99 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS Karen, Rich and your 2 lovely girls - I can just imagine your eldest talking about the man with the funny hair  ;D  Enjoy your celebrations tonight, you can go to bed knowing that this is it.  You are left on your own now - no more reviews or needing to tidy the house before the social workers come round!!!!!

We have had a very poorly house for the past 3 weeks and it was only last night that we had a whole nights sleep!!  Been busy trying to get organised as we are off to Cornwall tomorrow for a week with my Brother, his wife and their 2 children - who are almost teenagers, so it looks the girls will be sorted as far as mornings and general play time  ;D we are looking forward to playing on the beach even if it is raining and having good old english picnics in the rain!!!! I may even get to have a few  ^drink^ knowing that the girls can be entertained if i feel a bit rough in the morning - I have only had one bad night since we got the girls and boy did Ipay for it the next day !!!!

Hope everyone else is well and looking forward to the weekend!

Take care lots of love

Ann xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Karen and Rich,  ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^.  It's such a lovely feeling isn't it knowing that you've passed the final hurdle and the girls are legally yours.  Hope you have a great evening.

Laine, good news on the CRB checks, hope it's not too long until the prep course.

Jenny, great to hear you're going to be starting HS, it seems like ages since you've been waiting for this.  Thanks for the suggestion of the steamer, I had thought of something like that but he's soon going to be out of his cot and he's into everything so I'm not sure how safe it would be for us.

KJ, I know it seems very frustrating having to wait but as Andrea said it's not that long.  Make the most of the time by doing all the things that you won't able to do when you become a Mum and believe me there's quite a few on the list  ;D ;D.

Ruth, good news, let's hope you hear back quickly about the siblings.  As you say even if it doesn't work out it's a bit more positive that they are prepared to put your Form F out there.

Hobbs, welcome to the group.

Andrea, have I missed some news on Molly??

Nothing exciting here, we were supposed to go visit my parents this weekend but we're all under the weather.  Little one has had a cold virus again and this time he's passed it onto us.  I feel a bit better tonight but I've had it all this week, runny nose, aches, shivers and painful hacking cough.  Unfortunately being poorly and not sleeping properly has made our little darling ill-tempered to say the least  :( :(.  I love him to bits but boy could I have done with a few days off this week.  I try to look on the bright side that with all the bugs he's picking up from just two mornings at nursery he's building up his resistance before he starts school.  I just hope I manage to build up my own resistance a bit sooner.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

love
Cindy

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Cindy

Molly posted a thread on Wednesday I think it was saying they had received a phone call from their SW & could they ring back - she's headed the thread "phone call" - you can read it for your self.

Maybe jumping to conclusions - I was just really hoping for her, I'd love for someone who is waiting to get matched before Christmas, the children may not move before Christmas but it's so nice to tell people on Christmas day.

I told my Mum on Christmas day about our DS & we'd known about him since Halloween but knew he wouldn't be moving in with us until the January time so we decided to keep quite and not tell anyone until Christams day.  It was really hard work keeping it quite as I wanted to shout it form the roof tops but I just knew it would make every ones Christmas more magical, My mum choked back tears and then the flood gates opened she was really pleased for us. :'( ;D ;D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Karen and Rich x
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! on the final hurdle! Officially, its all tied up and i bet that just feels great!
I have been reading the posts on and off, but have been so busy with our two, i never seem to find the time to write as often as i should!

Well, all well with us, i have been back to work for 2 weeks and the kids have loved going to nursery! Its a really nice work, life ratio, and boy do i look forward to coming home to see them.  xxxx is now 28 months and a truely lovely boy. At first he was a real handful but the change is amazing, he has benefitted so well with me being off a year with him.   His sister is now 11 months and just perfect.  She smiles all day every day!  They are so happy together we still pinch ourselves they are ours!!  We have just recieved both freeing orders and have submitted the application forms to adopt, so watch this space.  I feel that when it is all legally completed i will relax fully and get on with life.  

Its been a tough old year and life changing but compared to the years of fert treatment, its been really rewarding and fun.  We are now happy and very settled in being parents and am 100% happy with our decision to adopt!  So to all you out there just starting on the journey, sit tight! You will soon be in our shoes and it is so well worth the wait!  Great to read all your journeys!

Take care everyone lots of love Becky xxx :) ;D ^reiki^ ^bundle^

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Karen - CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL.  I was thinking about you on your special day.

Bex - good to hear that the children are loving going to nursery.

Laine - great news on the crb checks coming back so soon.  Your application is proceeding at a nice fast pace.  I'm so pleased for you.  Our crb checks really held us up - 4 months is far too long to have waited.

Ruth - good news from you as well.  Let's hope that it won't be long until you are matched now that your sw is being more proactive.

Cindy - perhaps you could put the steamer up on top of a wardrobe or something?  Our son used to get colds every other week when he was little and it was a real bother as he didn't sleep well then and we were all worn out.  The steamer was a godsend.  Just to reassure you, now he rarely gets colds - about twice a year and they don't last long.  He did get a rash last week which has just about gone.  Turned out he had fifth's disease (also known as slapped face syndrome).  It is a very common contagious rash that looks awful but he was well enough in himself.  Took him to the docs who said that it is very common this time of year and rife in primary schools.  I give him vitamin tablets to boost his immune system as well.

Ann - sorry to hear that you have had illness in your house.  No fun when littlies are ill.

Dh is busy trying to finish off our living room as it is in the middle of being redecorated.  Don't want it to look like a building site for the social worker on Wednesday.

All the best to everyone

Jenny

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Congratulaions karen and Rich - you must be delighted

well done to you both

LB
X

1 - 20 of 294 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.