Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise now, I've put some of the news down but don't think I've got everyone's update as the last thread has been so busy and I have been so busy myself.

Please let me know and I promise I will do better this time.

Karen x

Post matching

Karen : Approved at panel on 22nd April. First little girl moved in on 8/11/04, second little girl moved in on 9/12/04

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April. X moved in on 8/11/04. Sister moved in on 15/4/05

Ann: Approved at panel on 4th November 2004. Matched to two girls, who moved in in January 2005.

Cindy: Approved at panel on 27th October 2004. Matched to a little boy who moved in Feb 2005.

Post Panel/Awaiting Match

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Everhopeful: Approved at Panel on 17th Feb 2005, now awaiting a suitable match. Confirmed preliminary match to a little girl panel in May 2005 for final approval.

Mandy (MSW): Approved at panel on 3/3/2005, now awaiting suitable match. Preliminary match with 7 and a half month old boy.

Waiting for Panel Date/Panel Result

Nat (Crazy): Home assessment finished, waiting for panel date

LB : Home study complete, awaiting panel date

Home Study/Prep Course

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment. Assigned a new SW now moved house. Panel 2/6/2005

Ang (Molly 2003): Allocated SW now on home study

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Allocated SW. prep course Jan/Feb 05.

Homer & Marge: Prep course September 2004.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Prep course Feb 2005

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Morgana: Allocated SW, currently on course and doing home study.

Donnalee: Home assessment started. Panel date of 7/7/05 given

Georgia Prep course starts 2/2/05

Tracey H: Allocated SW and attending prep course in Feb 2005.

JenniferF prep course starts 7/3/05

Pam (saphy75) Prep course starts 12/4/05

Paddy *Adopting from RUSSIA * SW visit completed and course starts 3/12/04

Val 12 Prep course starts Feb 2005

Jude2 Prep course starts April 2005

Danielle Initial visit done, waiting for prep course dates

Magenta initial visit 21/2/05, prep course August 2005

Initial Stages

Nerys (lochness) Attending Foster Care Open evening on 27/01/05

HelenB Information Day with LA 17th December

Nic (Hopingforbaby) Currently considering the adoption option
Flymypretties Initial visit March 2005

Natasha Intro evening 11th Jan 2005

michelledawn Open evening w/c 14/3/05

Tracey-new Open evening w/c 14/3/05

jainey About to start the journey

Oh where oh where can they be!

Carol (allineedisamiracle): Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting? :-\ )

Jo (jolene): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting? :-\ )

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow!  So many people on the site now, it's hard to keep up with everyone's news!  I hope everyone is getting on ok.  Congrats Ever and Mandy on your matches, I hope it all goes well, you both must be really excited!

Karen, can you please update me on the list.  We're starting our home study on Monday!!! 

Has anyone got any tips?

Helen

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Karen - thanks for doing the list - you are doing a great job.  Can I alter mine slightly now and put that we have completed our March 2005 preparation course and are waiting for allocation of sw to start home study.  Thanks very much.

Jenny

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hiya

wow karen the list looks great, how do you find the time to keep up with us all ?  ;D hope you and your girls are doing well

jude your course sounds like a nightmare to me  ^scared^ hope the evening one goes better

everhopeful not long until panel now  ^reiki^

mandy everything crossed you are matched  ^reiki^

^Cuddle^ to everyone (sorry to many to do personals) ;D

we completed the second day of our course and i have to say i really enjoyed it and learned so much. luckily our course is very relaxed and nobody is forced to talk if they dont want, but i have found myself joining in and talking quite alot which is a miracle for me  ;D but the sw's just put you at ease. looking forward to next weeks group now, think i'll be sad when the course finishes  :'( but a will be pleased to move on to the home study which believe it or not i'm sooooo looking forward to. right got to clean my house now as it looks like a bomb site  ;D

pam xx

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI,

Thanks for updating the list Karen.  Mine info still right:  due to finish course on Wednesday night.

Pam, your course sounds a lot more relaxed than mine.  I think ours could have been OK, it is perhaps just because of the slightly stressful atmosphere.  I can't say I'll be sad when it is over!  My husband said he really enjoys it htough, so must just be me.  Though actually he seems to be the only person who is enjoying it.  One of the women was crying during lunch on the first day.  There are only 6 of us on the course and 4 sws so maybe it jsut feels very intensive.  I am really aware of them writing notes as I speak and then they write a report on each of you and give you a mark out of 10 at the end of each session (not that they have given us our scores yet of course).  I did see somebody had got 4 out of 10 for something, didn't see who it was but assumed it was me in a paranoid way!

Good luck to everybody,

Love
Jude
xxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
jude

i can't believe how much pressure they are putting on you  :mad: although i'm sure we are all being monitored on our course we are not aware of it and we are not being scored, in fact we were told right at the begining that there are no right or wrong answers and everybody has a right to talk and be listened to if they want and everybodies views are to be respected. there are 28 people on our course and it is working out well everybody seems very nice and respectfull to eachother. but in our area the course is only run twice a year and also combined with a neighbouring la so i think a lot of planning goes into it therefore it is very well run.

try not to worry too much about scores hun, i'm sure you'll be fine and hopefully it will be the home study that counts not the prep group scores

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jude,  I wondered if you have started your assessement group as there are only 6 of you and Saphy could be talking about the prep course.  I believe the prep course is for learning about adoption generally, and the assessement group is more intense as it forms part of the home study.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like there is some confusion.  Wishing you both all the best and try to stay positive.  It is hard trying to be yourself when you feel all eyes are upon you, but I think they must take this into consideration. ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi danielle

i am talkling about my prep course  ;D i have not heard of an assessment group :eek: i don't think my LA do them as there has been no mention of one as far as i have been told is after the prep group we go straight on to home study (well pending the assignment of a sw)

are you starting your prep course soon or have you completed it ?

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Danielle,

MY lA does not do a separate prep course.  it is called a preparation and assessment group, and it does form part of our home study.

I know some do info evenings or groups before they accept your application, but ours didn't.  MY LA just had phone interview, then we went for a face to face interview and then were assigned SW.  We had 4 meetings with her at home and will continue fortnightly meetings until the Summer. 

I'm feeling more positive about things now anyway, but as you say it is hard to relax with all eyes upon you.  My husband doesn't seem to mind at all, but he is so laid back.  I also think it goes back to me wanting to get things 'right', as academic success was really important in my family (look at the effect the groups are having on me, relating everything back to my child hood!).

Thanks for your messages,

Love
Jude
xxx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Danielle, I have never heard of an assessment course either. :eek:  We were told the same as Pam and are currently waiting to be allocated our SW for home study - been a month so far and heard nothing  :(  Might be time to start chasing again  :mad:

All the best to everyone

Jenny

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
it's so strange how different all the LAs do things isn't it ? i really expected there to be strict rules and guidelines that all LAs had to follow but i'm pleased there isn't  ;D as my LA are commited to make the whole process as stress free and enjoyable for everybody involved but then our area is desperately short on adopters so bad feedback could be very damaging for them

jenny, i would give them a ring and see if they can tell you how long they think it could be until you are asigned a sw

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Our SW called today to tell us that a date has now been set to meet our little one's SW,2 weeks tomorrow  :eek:  . And then lets hope it is full steam ahead to panel and then intro's   :)

Also found out they have a panel fortnightly in placing LA so hope not to have to wait tooooooooooooo long.   ???

Maybe only 1 month and then we might get to meet our little man   ;D ;D  fingers crossed.

TTFN Mandyxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mandy

That's great news, good luck for a fortnight's time.  Keep those feet firm!

Karen x

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi all. i have my second home visit tomorrow a bit worried running round cleaning up. trying to take my mind of thing's for a bit .
its not long now to go to the panel about 8 weeks away.I'm a bit stress out.
just feel like crying and running away ^mercy^. we had done our prep courses hope yo girls are well . oxo molly

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Molly

Try to not panic and feel stressed (know it's hard). Think of the end result.... you're heading in the right direction so hang on in there and try to keep positive and calm. And most of all enjoy it! We thoroughly enjoyed our home study and you will learn that there really is no need to clean and doubly clean every inch of your home.... your sw is there to see you as prospective adoptive parents. Unless you live in squaller there really is nothing to panic about where your home is concerned!
My only advice for the home study would be to be as open and honest with your sw as you can be, yes be interested and keen but don't be obsessed by it, and lastly just relax ! At the end of the day this person is there to be on your side, not to make you jump through hoops, this is the person who will ultimately get you through to being approved and making you parents!

Best of luck (you wont need it!) Try to get some sleep now!

Let us know how you get on!

:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
;D

Great news Mandy! I will be keeping everything crossed for you!

With any luck you wont be far being me - and we'll both be enjoying the summer at home with our babies!

^fairydust^

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi thanks for the lovley  @ help and nice words ,im sat here smiling :) .
i went out to get my mind  a little. i just run out of loo roll and had to get some b4 the s worker came then went to my palls for a chat and a cuppa  ^drink^ but was on pins.
love molly oxo
good luck mandy with your little girl what town are you in ?
lancs here

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi

Mandy, just wanted to say that is great news, I hope that everything goes smoothly for you... ;D ;D

Nothing new here, its amazing how quickly some areas get placed compared with others, all in all from start to an expected placement will have taken us 3 years...seems mad at times..

Oh well, wish everyone all the best..

Love Natsxx

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.