Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls. Good luck to all of you.

Karen x

Post matching

Karen : Approved at panel on 22nd April. First little girl moved in on 8/11/04, second little girl moved in on 9/12/04

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April. X moved in on 8/11/04. Sister moved in on 08/4/05

Ann: Approved at panel on 4th November 2004. Matched to two girls, who moved in in January 2005.

Cindy: Approved at panel on 27th October 2004. Matched to a little boy who moved in Feb 2005.

Everhopeful: Approved at panel in May 2005, little girl moved in on XX/05/05

Post Panel/Awaiting Match

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Mandy (MSW): Approved at panel on 3/3/2005, now awaiting suitable match. Preliminary match with 7 and a half month old boy. Matching Panel 19/05/05

Nat (Crazy): Approved at panel in March 2005, now awaiting suitable match.

Waiting for Panel Date/Panel Result

LB : Home study complete, awaiting panel date

Ruth: Panel 2/6/2005

Morgana: Home study complete, now awaiting panel date

Home Study/Prep Course

Ang (Molly 2003): Allocated SW now on home study

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Allocated SW, now on home study

Homer & Marge: Prep course September 2004.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Prep course Feb 2005

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Donnalee: Home assessment started. Panel date of 7/7/05 given

Georgia Prep course starts 2/2/05

Tracey H: Currently doing home study

JenniferF Prep course complete. Awaiting allocation of SW to start Home study

Pam (saphy75) Prep course complete about to start home study

Paddy *Adopting from RUSSIA * SW visit completed and course starts 3/12/04

Val 12 Prep course starts Feb 2005

Jude2 Prep course starts April 2005

Danielle Initial visit done, waiting for prep course dates

Magenta initial visit 21/2/05, prep course August 2005

HelenB Currently doing home study

HHH Info evening 23/05/05 prep course starts June 2005.

Fiona *Adopting from RUSSIA*

Initial Stages

(Gill) gillywilly meeting LA on 10/5/05

Nerys (lochness) Attending Foster Care Open evening on 27/01/05

Nic (Hopingforbaby) Currently considering the adoption option

Flymypretties Initial visit March 2005

Natasha Intro evening 11th Jan 2005

michelledawn Open evening w/c 14/3/05

Tracey-new Open evening w/c 14/3/05

jainey About to start the journey

Oh where oh where can they be!

Carol (allineedisamiracle): Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting? :-\ )

Jo (jolene): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting? :-\ )

·
Registered
577 Posts
hi karen....lovely job as always!

am peed-off just now. It seems our GP has not yet bothered to send our medical form back to the SW. She started chasing them up last week, but still no sign!  I wouldn't mind so much but they lodged the cheque in their accounts quickly enough! 

Basically if it doesn't turn up before wednesday then we will have our panel date delayed as thursday is the final day for everything to be there!  :mad: :mad:

Everytime I try to phone them the magical "person" who deals with that stuff is not there! although probably just as well for them!  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

grumble grumble......i hate mondays!

XXRuth.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruth

Ask if you can go and collect it yourself, its your information.  The last thing you want is the GP jeopardising panel.

Good luck
Karen x

·
Registered
931 Posts
;D Hi girls

Thanks Karen for new home!

Update from us: We are now 3 days into the introductions and we are feeling shattered!! Our beautiful baby girl already knows who Daddy is and wants him all the time! Slightly un-nerving for me at first but lovely to see dh bonding so well. And today I was there when she woke from her afternoon nap and I got to change her bum!! We had a walk to the park and quite a few cuddles. And as we left, she pulled away from foster carer and reached her arms out... to me!! Brilliant feeling. Cannot describe. Didn't want to leave.

Back again tomorrow, this time to do the teatime/bathtime/bedtime routine, so for me, this is the biggy.

Very long days and quite draining, but we are so enjoying getting to know her.

Fingers crossed, in 1 week she'll be coming home... I'll keep you posted!

:) :) :)

PS Mandy.... Best of luck for Thursday if I don't get on here again before then
Thinking of you, can't wait to read your exciting news!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
ooooh Ever

i bet the smile on your face is huge  ;D ;D
you sound so chuffed - great news that your little daughter was reaching out for you- won't be long and you will be tucking her up every night - bet you just can't wait - enjoy your last few nights of peace and luvvy duvvyness ;D

cannot wait to read your post when you are bringing her home.

Ruth - hope everything gets to the panel on time - keeping it all crossed for you

Karen -  the list looks great (as usual!) - but wow it is getting bigger and bigger - think there will be a lot of new families this Chrimbo

we are still waiting for our panel date at the moment - have read the form F and that all seemed to be ok. we had problem that some of dh's medical records were missing but that seems to be sorted now - thanks goodness!
a quick question - we have been advised that as we are looking to take two children and that i will leave work we will more than likely be entitled to adoption allowance on a weekly basis - anyone heard of this - i did not think we would be entitled to anything so it has come as a pleasant surprise!

good luck everyone
LB
X

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Ever, :)

Thanks for thinking of me, yes matching panel is on Thursday so only 2 more sleeps till the day we hope to be the official parents to our DS ^babycrawl^
It is so lovely to read your posts about life with your DD ^itsagirl^ I am sure bath and bedtime will go well tomorrow and I can't wait to read about the day you take her home forever.

I went to see the paediatrician that DS has been under and it was really useful to be able to ask some more questions and has put my mind at rest.

The only cloud on the horizon is that i have had a massive row with my parents and we haven't spoken since saturday and it is making me very sad :'(.

Karen thanks for keeping the new thread upto date. Ruth I hope you get your medical info in time. LB hope you get a panel date soon, fingers crossed.

TTFN Mandyxx

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Mandy

lots and lots of luck for Thursday :) - i am sure it will be a day to remember .

also hope everything turns out ok with your parents as soon as possible - sending you a big hug - fall outs are not good but it does happen - try not to get too upset - sure it will all blow over.

take care
LB
X

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ever, so pleased to hear everything is going well.  I bdt you're exhausted at the end of today.  I know what you mean about it being slightly un-nerving about your DH bonding.  The same thing happened to me as XXXXX bonded straight away with Lee and took longer with me.  When we had a couple of days break, I had too much to drink, got over emotional and started blubbing "he doesn't like me!!!".  Lee said I was talking a load of rubbish and it was true, and the first time XXXXX turned to me for comfort was like you said absolutely brilliant.  Not long until your little girl comes home and you experience a lot more of those feelings.  (Like Molly I've forgotten, how old is your little girl?)

Mandy, hope everything goes well on Thursday although I'm sure it will.  Sorry to hear you've had a fall out with your parents.  Unfortunately you can choose your friends but you're stuck with your family.  (Although that's not entirely true for people on this thread as we are all getting to choose our family  :) :)).  Try not to let it spoil what will be a great occasion on Thursday, I'm sure it will blow over.

Ruth, I think Karen has the right idea.  You don't want your GP slowing things up for you at this stage.  Fingers crossed you can get it sorted out quickly.

LB, I've heard of adoption allowance, although we didn't get any financial support at all.  I think it depends on the budget available to the authority and also like any other form of income support what your personal financial situation will be.  Hope you get a panel date soon.

Not much to report here, teething, still more forms to fill in, Music with Mummy, blah blah.

Will check in later this week to see how things are going.

love
Cindy

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Mandy

What's the news then? Come on, don't leave us in suspense!!!!!

Really hope you can sort out the hiccup with your parents, it'll probably seem un-important when you meet your little boy anyway.

Good luck,,,, hoping to hear your good news!!

Ever  :)

PS For those you don't know, my little angel is 20 months old!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Ever Buddy,

Thanks for thinking of me, firstly I gave in last night and phoned my mum, it was very emotional and there are things that need sorting out long term but we are back speaking which is great beacuse I hate upset.

Matching panel went ahead yesterday and we are now the proud parents of our lovely baby boy, he will be 9 months old.    ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^

We meet him 2 weeks today on the 3rd of June and bring him home forever on the 10th of June, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :)  ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^

Our SW popped in and dropped us off a picture, he is cute :p    ^baby^.

How are the intro's going?

Now the real shopping starts, so all you mummys already out there what recomendations have you got for Prams, car seats and high chairs and anything you have bought which you have found to be fab?

TTFN mummy Mandy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi msw. im glad your talking to your mum now , i hate falling out with my mum , but we all do it and then feel so bad.
i bet your so excite to see you little son.. congrats.
we go to panel in august. it will allso be my birthday in aug .
where are you in the uk.
you will love the shoping for your baby, have you done the babys room yet and how will you do it.
have a look at this web site there some bedroom things on there tell me what you think
http://www.wallsofthewild.co.uk/childrens-wall-murals.htm

take care love molly xxx ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^blueted^ ^itsaboy^ ^itsaboy^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^ ^baby^ ^baby^ ^baby2^

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congratulations Mandy!!  You must be so excited! I can't wait to be at the "shopping" stage!!  not that I actually like shopping....just all the excitement!

well, our medicals eventually had to be faxed on tuesday, and the cheeky b$*&%ers then tried to charge us for the medicals again! I had a very satisfying rant at the practice manager....who was apologetic!

But our NSPCC checks haven't come through yet, even though they were requested back in februaury. Our SW has gone ahead with submitting everything anyway, but unless they arrive in the next 2 weeks then all we can hope for is an approval pending those checks coming back.....an anticlimax in the waiting!

Oh well.....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....so they say!

XXRuth.

G

·
Hello

I'm new at this thread. I have had 4 miscarriages and several failed iui's. Its time to look into adoption. My worry is my age, I'm 42 my dh 40, are we too old to adopt? Can you adopt a baby at any age, ar ethere any restrictions on age?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi latemum.
i dont think age has much to do with it , you will both get a med a the doctors done and polie checks.
i think there is a age but  VERY BIG BUT some towns are different im 35 years old.
i know older ladies who have done adoption like 48 years old where are you from,
do a little home work on it first and have a look on the net. hope this helps ...molly

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mandy

I am so pleased for you ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ , not long to wait now.  A really good place I got loads of stuff for the girls from was www.kiddicare.com Their prices are really good and they deliver really promptly.  Another site I used was www.babycaredirect.co.uk again good service from these.

Enjoy the time you and dh have before your lives change unrecognisably, although I wouldn't swap it for the world.

LateMum - welcome to you.  I am sure Cindy won't mind me saying, but you are the same age as her and she has a lovely little 16 month old boy, so no you are not too old.  Some Local Authorities (LA's) like there to be a maximum age gap between child and parent of 40 years.  Best thing to do is contact your LA and ask if they are holding an open evening or if a Social Worker (SW) could be sent round to see you.  Good luck

Ever - what date does your little girls move in with you?

Well the news here is that I am meeting our SW on Thursday and are going to the court house to lodge our papers to formally adopt our girls.  The severe attention seeking behaviour with the eldest is improving but we are having to be strong and deal with the tantrums that are arising as a result of our new resolve, but in the long run things will be fine.  We're off to the zoo on Monday and then I can't decide if I am brave or stupid, but we are taking the girls camping next weekend (they are now 2 and a half and 18 months!).

Hope everyone else is well

Bye for now
Karen x

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi Karen thats nice the zoo... our s-worker came today to see my partners son who's 11 just for a chat to ask how would he feel with a little baby bother or sister he was relay good what he says aww. it looking really good will go to panel august will get the date next week some time when its all been typed up.
new home here coming girls soon.. hope you are all well and happy  ^banana^ ^wave^

·
Registered
65 Posts
Evening all... Remember me??  Have been reading the threads and am so pleased at the great progress you all have made! So many new families, lots of luck to you all!!

Were doing ok, the first 3 weeks of our baby girl being placed were just dreamy, her brother who came to us in Nov was good as gold.  Now the hard work has really began! My DH went back to work and i am generally coping well, but boy is it full on!! It is non stop from 6.30 untill bed at 7.30.  Luckily they both sleep through the night, or i would be at my wits end.  Our DD is happy and content and just smiles all day, she is so content.  Our DS on the other hand is full on non stop.  He didn't seem jealous to start with but now he is wanting my 100% attention all the time.  This i can't give him due to his 6 month old sister so he play up and have tantrums all the time.  He is throwing things and hitting his sister all the time, he is a real handfull.  One day he is good as gold, the next he is almost uncontrolable.  It is a difficult time and were pretty stressed. I am told it is normal behavior for a 22 month old, so i guess because we have had 2 very close together it just seems harder?  I see you have had a few probs Karen, be good to hear from you.  We talk alot and both feel frazzled but also both agree that the good outway the bad, and we will get through it... i guess it just takes time adjusting to a full house!  and don't double buggies weigh a tonne!! 

Glad the weekend is here so Daddy can help out, i need to recharge my batteries before Monday!!  Will be in touch love Becky xx :) ;D ^reiki^ ^bundle^

·
Registered
931 Posts
;D ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^congrats^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^clapping^

CONGRATULATIONS MANDY!!!!

BRILLIANT, FAB NEWS - WELL DONE!!

Enjoy your time shopping, cos believe me you won't get chance once the intro's have started!! I bought a highchair that is plastic all over - very wipeable! And it has 6 different height settings so very versatile! We'd also considered getting a wooden one that goes into table and chair, but it doesn't fold away and so wouldn't be storage friendly. The pushchair really came down to which one would a) fit in the boot of my car and b) which one was the easiest to fold and carry ! Think practically !
And the car seat, we looked at safety (obviously) and asked advice of the foster carers and people in the shops - they sell and fit them & really are the experts!!

Our intro's finished last night and our baby daughter, I am proud to announce,,, is coming home (for good) tomorrow morning!
It's just dawning on us what's happening and it's scary but a wonderful feeling to think that after all the years of heartache and despair, we've finally got our baby and are going to be the family we've always dreamed of!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wow what great news on here!!!!

Ever, so pleased for you, tomorrow morning it will all start for real, your little girl will be home and you will be a real family.  You're right it is a bit scary but I'm sure Bex and Karen will agree with me it is absolutely brilliant (even with the tantrums  ;D ;D).  Have a few drinks tonight to celebrate.  Looking forward to hearing about your first weeks as a family. 

Mandy, what can I say but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  To think in 3 weeks time your baby boy will be home with you, and such a great age.  Like you say now is the time for panic shopping.  It's a bit of a cliche but I found the people at our local Mothercare superstore to be really nice and helpful.  I'd really recommend them or Halfords for a car seat because you need to get one fitted properly and it's not always straightforward as they don't all fit all cars.  We tried 8 before we found one that fitted our car properly.  As I said above looking forward to hearing from you new Mums.

Bex, glad to hear from you again and nice to see that your DD is settling in so well.  I'm sorry to hear about the tantrums from XXXX but unfortunately it is normal behaviour at his age.  I must admit I'm not looking forward to the terrible 2's.  XXXXX is pretty good at the moment but he does like attention and he does like to get his own way (the SW's really matched bim to my characteristics there  ;D ;D) and I think we're lucky at the moment that his tantrums only last a couple of minutes but I keep worrying that they will last longer the older he gets.  Unfortunately for him I'm quite stubborn so I will persevere on winning any battles.  We've already had a couple of time outs and I think he's beginning to learn what we will and won't tolerate.  As they say on the course, toddlerhood is like having a mini teenager, they just keep trying to push the boundaries.

Late Mum, welcome to the group.  Karen's lying I'm only 28!! (well in my mind anyway  ;D ;D).  Unfortunately my birth certificate does say I'm 42 and so is my DH.  I've sent you an IM.

Ruth, I'm afraid there is always something in the process to irritate you.  Hopefully not much longer to go.

Molly congratulations on getting a panel date, it will make a great birthday pressie.

Karen, I'm sure you're right and things will calm down but I have to ask, camping????  I have to say you're being brave.  As a woman who has camped involuntarily at volleyball tournaments (and will again later this year) it's not something I consider a pleasure, give me a 4 star hotel anyday.  However, I reckon the girls will love it and I must admit we'd considered it next year as a cheap foreign holiday option.  Look forward to hearing how you and Rich manage to survive the experience.  How long has the court application process taken you?  I must admit we're annoyed with our SWs attitude to it.  It might not seem as important to them once they've placed the child but it's very important to us and we've just been left to get on with it.  We've filled in all the application but we have to have a copy of the freeing order.  We've phoned XXXXX's SW three times since Monday to get a copy and we still haven't heard back from her!!

We've just been informed that our DS is due for his annual Looked After Child medical so we will have to organise that next week.  However the week after we will be taking him to seaside for the first time.  He's never been to the seaside and we're really looking forward to it. 

Hope everyone else is well.

love
Cindy

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.