Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Our list to start our new home....

Karen: Approved at panel on 22nd April. Now awaiting confirmation that we can be Mummy and Daddy to two little girls ^jumpin^. Possible move in date in early November.

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April. Now awaiting confirmation that Bex and DH can be mummy and daddy to a little boy, and one on the way ^jumpin^!! Possible moving in date 5th November.

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Cindy: Currently doing home assessment. Awaiting a panel date.

Ann: Currently doing home assessment. Panel 4th November 2004.

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment

Ang (Molly 2003): Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Everhopeful: Currently doing home assessment

Mandy (MSW): Starting home assessment in January

Nat (Crazy): Currently doing home assessment.

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Awaiting allocation of SW, prep course November?

Homer & Marge: Prep course September.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Induction evening September

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Morgana: Awaiting allocation of SW

Donna: Awaiting approval of application

Tracey H: Awaiting course date and visit from Family Placement Officer

Carol (allineedisamircale): Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting? :-\ )

Jo (jolene): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting? :-\ )

Karen x ^pompom^

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Girls,

Reading where you are all at is so nice.  It must be really exciting, especially when you have been approved and are on your way to becoming mummies.

Laine x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,

Really disappointed today because although we went to Essex open evening we were hoping to do the whole process with SSAFA however after speaking to them today I have found out that the next prep course with them is March and they will not start any other parts of the procedure until after then. The courses are also in London so thats a fair old trek for us both. My DH is in the forces and SSAFA are really sensitive to all our needs and are able to fight our corner because some agencies are reluctant to place children with forces families.

Anyway, luckily we also hedged our bets with Essex LA and they will allocate us a SW within the next couple of weeks (we got the letter to say we were in the system last week). Their next course starts in November so fingers crossed we will get onto that one. Will just have to see what the SW says when he/ she visits. Hopefully we will get one soon so we can get onto the Nov course.

Great news about Bex isn't it :)

Morgana x

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just popping in
Good luck to all of you here, especially my dear friend Karen!! Not long to go....... love Bev H xxxx

·
Registered
334 Posts
:-\
hi,
just so you can update my update karen,
we have had a sw since august. prep course is jan/feb.
feeling a bit left behind at themoment as everybody else seems to be moving on so quickly- even people who enquired after us have dates soon for their prep course! :(
oh well,
I have plenty of practise at waiting. booked a holiday in kefalonia for next august as it is now looking extremely unlikely we will have aplacemnt by then. the speed west kent seems to move at we will be lucky to have gone to panel!
  ;D
kylie

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Bev - How are you and Garry and bump?  Not long now for your either, can't believe where time has gone.  Looks like we could both be in for an entertaining Xmas!!

Kylie - Are you doing anything with the SW before your course?  I'm sure things will happen quicker than you think once you get going.  I've updated the list ready to post next time.

Morgana - Sorry to hear about the SSAFA and the wait with them, but good news on the Essex LA.  Hope you get to go on the Nov prep course.

Everhopeful - saw your msg last night about your meetings.  Not long now until you complete everything and panel date will be set.

Hi to everyone else.  Not much else to report here.  Just waiting to finish my shopping spree.  I brought a high chair and booster seat yesterday, but need to take the booster seat back.  My Mum and Dad are away at the moment but me and Mum are going shopping on her first weekend back, she was more excited about that than her hols!!

Bye for now
Love
Karen x

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Girls

Becky, congratulations again, I'm sure the panel will just be a formality and in 5 weeks you will be our first Mummy on this thread!!

Morgana, sorry to hear things haven't worked out with the SSAFA.  Let's hope that Essex get a move on and you can go to the November course.

Kylie, it might seem like a long time but it will go faster than you think.  I think that you're doing the right thing in booking a holiday, you need to make the most of the time without the kids because it'll be a lot less sunny, foreign holidays after they arrive  ;).  Personally I'm making sure I have a lie in whenever I can.  I'm not a morning person (more of a night owl) and my DH (a typical lark) is having a great laugh thinking about me getting up and changing nappies  ???!

Karen, enjoy the shopping, I'm sure your Mum is well excited about her new grandchildren.  Jac's right it won't be long now.

Well our SW is coming on Monday morning so we'll be a step closer to getting our panel date.  It will be very interesting to see what she has written in our report.  In the meantime it's my brother-in-law's birthday so we're going to visit him and taking part in a go-karting rally.  Keep your fingers crossed that I don't crash.

Have a good weekend everyone.

love
Cindy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,

I was just reading the last post and I thought to myself, hang on, everyone was here at my stage once and desperate to get moving and then you look at Karen and Bev and you realise that there is light at the end of the tunnel. What am I complaining about I spent 4 1/2 years ttc doing FT ect. whats a few more months waiting for prep classes....lol

Morgana x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Morgana

I know its hard, but let your hair down and enjoy your months of freedom, because I can honestly say the closer it gets the more I am pooing my pants (sorry TMI) - I am so scared, nervous, apprehensive etc etc, but also so excited ^jumpin^  We've been in the process for 1 year and 10 months and I can honestly say at times its dragged and other times it has flown past.

We kept setting ourselves milestones and ended up havng numerous holiday's we've been calling our last one's as a couple!!

Before long you will be posting news just like me, but enjoy what you have now!!
Love
Karen x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Cindy

Hope you get a panel date soon.  Not sure what Staffs are like but Wolves operate panels on every 3rd Thursday of the month but the paperwork has to be in 3 weeks in advance.  Have you heard any more about * & * ?

Hope you don't have long to wait.

Bye for now
Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I hope you don;t mind me poking my nose around the door.  I just wanted to say fab news to Karen and Bex and I am looking forward to posting Happy Adoption Days to you and your new familes in the not so distant future.

Good luck for everyone else

Clare

·
Registered
140 Posts
Karen,

Thanks for those words of wisdom, the only problem is that we kept doing the holiday thing while we were on FT (you know the...lets have a quick holiday incase our next treatment works....might be the last for a while etc...) and we nearly bankrupted ourselves....lol.

But seriously we are using this time to do things we enjoy and ultimately just chill out. We have a rule that from Friday night to Monday morning the topic of adoption is banned (along with a few other topics such as bills, finances, work stress etc.). This is so we have our weekends to ourselves and have fun. I would advise this to any couples, adopting or not...it helps you really focus on each other.

My other bit of news is that I got a phonecall tonight from someone the agency gave my number to, she and her DH have just had 2 children placed with them 5 weeks ago, aged  8 months and 2 years. Hearing about their journey was amazing. We are going to keep in touch which is great.

Anyway must get to bed, having a car boot sale tomorrow to clear out all the clutter so that when the SW come poking around they won't throw their hands up in horror at the state of the spare room...lol.

Night all
Morgana x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Morgana

Glad to hear that you have got a contact it is really useful to talk to others in the process.

I've got a colleague at work whose little girl has been with them for 4 years now, she is 6 and a half.  I have been speaking to her to get some tips about introducing the children to family and friends and how she found coming back to work.

Hope the car boot went ok today.  I managed to drag Rich to a baby shop today to price up cots and cose which style of twin pushchair we are going to go for.  He wants a three wheeler but at 6' 5", the handlebars aren't tall enough, so we are going for the Maclaren.  It was great to see him pushing it around the shop!!

Hope everyone else is ok.  it is very quiet on here again this weekend.  Only 4 more sleeps until the linking meeting ^jumpin^

TTFN
Love
Karen x ^pompom^

·
Registered
251 Posts
Morgana

What a good idea about not talking about adoption over the weekend - I think we will give it a try.  We are finding the waiting quite stressful but trying to focus on other things.  We are still awaiting a date for the Preparation Group - apparently it will be in the next couple of weeks.  We had a letter saying that a Family Placement Officer would be in touch shortly - that was a month ago.  We are just trying to be patient, but it is hard when we are so keen to get going on our Home Study.

Tracey

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,
Well we made over 100 pounds on the boot sale so we will put that straight into our kiddie fund account towards buying things when the time comes, we will take the left over stuff down to the charity shop tomorrow apart from a few really good items which I will try to sell on e-bay first, but best of all the spare room looks like a bedroom again...hurray!

Love Morgana x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Every one... Thanks for the messages and well wishes...  This thread is getting v exciting, its great to read everyones news, stick with it, like Karen says when things start too move they move fast... after we were approved i felt so excited and then the months dragged, i really started to feel dispondant and then we heard about our little boy... Things happen for a reason, there is a little "bird" for us all, so keep  ^reiki^

Well i brought my first baby gear this week end.  A selection of clothes, felt very Grown up!! buying them, very odd feeling, but a nice one...Rob is home from his diving and v happy.. were off to ikea this weekend..to buy furniture for his bedroom and playroom.. My dad is putting laminate flooring down in his playroom and i am trying to finish our bedroom so i can move out of xxxx room and start to decorate his... loads of embossed flowery wall paper to remove and so little time!!  On holiday this week so have to get cracking..

Meet with the lead SW tomorrow.. will let you know how things go love Becky xxx ;D

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Becky

Just caught up with your posts and feel thrilled for you sweetheart!

Laine x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Becky

Great feeling isn't it.  I've been buying more today and then very pleased that I remembered that we get a settling in grant too.  I am doing the clothes thing with Mum in a couple of weeks.  After Weds (linking meeting) I am going to order cot bed, pushchair and car seats.  I have also started my enquiries for childminders too.  Yesterday I sewed a cuddly WTP and Tigger onto the curtain tie backs so everything is looking really nurseryfied now.

Glad Rob had a good time, won't have time for these boys holidays in the future ;-)

Good luck
Karen x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Dear Becky and Karen

So exciting to read your news - November will so quickly be here.

Can't wait to chat to you both on the Mummies Place to Chat thread!!

Fee xxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.