Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls.  I will post an updated list later when I have caught up.  Happy chatting and good luck to everyone.

Love
Karen x

·
Registered
476 Posts
OMG LB - god knows how you must both be feeling  :eek: bit of every emotion going I would imagine fingers crossed your the "chosen ones  ;D" 2 girls is my idea of heaven , but then 2 boys would be too  ;D ;D
thinking about you matey
love caron xxx

hope the rest of you girls are fine fit and well ???

still no news on our side , but a couple we met on our course have been in touch and they are already on there 3rd home visit so mabe we'll hear somthing soon , fingers crossed  :p

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
LB, just seen your great news.  Have you any more details, are they considering other couples?  When will you find out more?

Keep us posted.

love
Cindy

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just read back through the whole of the last thread so here's an updated list, hope I captured everything.

Post matching

Karen : Approved at panel on 22nd April 2004. First little girl moved in on 8/11/04, second little girl moved in on 9/12/04

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April 2004. Little boy moved in on 8/11/04. Sister moved in on 8/4/05

Ann: Approved at panel on 4th November 2004. Matched to two girls, who moved in in January 2005.

Cindy: Approved at panel on 27th October 2004. Matched to a little boy who moved in Feb 2005.

Everhopeful: Approved at panel in 17th Feb 2005, little girl moved in on 23/05/05

Mandy (MSW): Approved at panel on 3/3/2005, little boy moved in on 10/06/05.

Superal Adopted 3 year old boy 8 years ago and a 9mth old baby girl 4 years ago

Post Panel/Awaiting Match

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Nat (Crazy): Approved at panel in March 2005, now awaiting suitable match.

Ruth: Approved at panel on 2/6/2005, now awaiting suitable match

LB : Approved at panel on 15/6/05 now awaiting suitable match. Possible match to two little girls.

Waiting for Panel Date/Panel Result

Morgana: Going to panel November 2005

Ang (Molly 2003): Going to panel August 2005

Home Study/Prep Course

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Allocated SW, now on home study

Homer & Marge: Prep course September 2004.

Shelly Currently doing home study

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Prep course Feb 2005

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Donnalee: Home assessment started. Panel date of 7/7/05 given

Caron Finished prep course, awaiting allocation of Sw to start home study

Georgia Prep course starts 2/2/05

Tracey H: Currently doing home study

JenniferF Prep course complete. Awaiting allocation of SW to start Home study

Pam (saphy75) Currently doing home study

Paddy *Adopting from RUSSIA * SW visit completed and course starts 3/12/04

Barbarella Currently doing prep course

Val 12 Prep course starts Feb 2005

Jude2 Currently on Home Study. Panel date of September 2005 given.

Danielle Initial visit done, waiting for prep course dates

Magenta initial visit 21/2/05, prep course August 2005

HelenB Currently doing home study

HHH Prep course done June 2005

Fiona *Adopting from RUSSIA*

Initial Stages

(Gill) gillywilly meeting LA on 10/5/05

Laine Info evening 5th July 2005

Nerys (lochness) Attending Foster Care Open evening on 27/01/05

Nic (Hopingforbaby) Currently considering the adoption option

Flymypretties Initial visit March 2005

Natasha Intro evening 11th Jan 2005

michelledawn Open evening w/c 14/3/05

Tracey-new Open evening w/c 14/3/05

jainey About to start the journey

keli haslem Been to an open evening

Karen x

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks for doing the list Karen.  Don't know if you want to change my details as we have decided to call it a day with our LA and are going to swap to Wolverhampton instead.  Today I've sent the letters off resigning from one LA and asking to go on other's list.  The bad news is we start at the bottom.  We won't have to do the preparation course again though so that is something.  Should only put us back 2 months to get to the same stage we are at now hopefully as we have been with our LA for almost 8 months and they are sooooo slow.  They have made numerous mistakes as well and are very unprofessional  so hopefully a new LA will be better.  How did you find them?  IM if you prefer to talk confidentially.  Thanks.

Hi to everyone else.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Thanks for updating the list Karen, it was nice to see my name there!,even though we are old hands compared to some, it really boosted my day by seeing my name there.(Oh the simple things in life- make my day!)

It was nice to see where everyone was in their different stages of the adoption journey, emotional rollercoaster.

GOOD LUCK to everyone. :)

Superal
xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hope it is ok to join you all!  It feels good to be part of a chat thread with such inspiration.

You know I can't wait for next Tuesday but then I think I may be doing alot more waiting eh?

Laine x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Laine

Added you to the list.  Can't wait to hear about your long deserved and awaited journey

Karen x

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Laine

Great to have you with us.  Look forward to hearing about your journey.

love
Cindy

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hiya gang

Welcome Laine, so pleased you have joined us. and don't worry too much about the waiting so far i'm finding time is flying by (almost too fast at times)

thanks for the list Karen, it looks great

Iwas supposed to have my 0ne-2-one today but my sw has phoned in sick  :( never mind, i'm just hoping she gets better soon and not just for selfish reasons honest  ;D

hope everyone is ok  ;)

bye bye for now, pam xx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi ladies!

Just thought Id grab this opportunity while baby is fast asleep!!
Well, we've had our first review and all went well. Hopefully will be able to apply to the courts after next review in September. Making it all official and legal! Although, to be honest all the anxiety about things has completely gone, I just think we've got our little girl home with us already - everything else doesnt seem so important.

We had our wedding anniversary last week and my birthday yesterday - so 2 lots of mummy cards which is the best thing ever! My husband made an extra effort with presents because he wanted to make up for me missing out on Mothers Day in March!! To see that crayon scribble inside the cards, is enough to melt my heart!
So me and xxxx are really bonding and she said Mummy for the first time last week - so you can imagine! Pure delight! I may well have been waiting a few years for this day, but boy! it is worth it!! She is worth it!

Got to go and get some chores done while she's snoozing... only chance I seem to get these days.... but who cares?!! (Not me!)

Hope everyone is well.... Welcome to Laine !

Speak soon

E x :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Everhopeful

What a wonderful experience - your daughter saying Mummy for the first time, our DD said Dada first & when she did say Mama it was wonderful, so know exactly how you feel.

Well done to your DH for making an extra specail effort for you with cards.

Glad everything is just great for you.

Best wishes

Superal ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi lady's

Hope its ok to join you all. :)
Can i just say what an inspiration you all are and its been great reading up on all the new families.

Just a brief summery, TTC 8yrs,3 failed ICSI :'( and we made the decision to stop ,which i though was going to be a heart breaking decision but surprisingly wasn't.
July 04 contacted our LA and a SW called with us for a chat and in Nov 04 we contacted LA to say we were going ahead ,and to our delight got onto the Jan 05 prep course.
March 05 we were allocated a SW and are now half why through our Home Study, and all is going very well with plenty of home work. We just finish a book call "For the Love of Claire " which i would recommend.

Karen can you add me to the list and i will keep you up to date with our journey and hopeful one day we will see our name in the red column with all you new mums.

Shelly.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi gang :)

Ever, great to hear your news of mummyhood with your special little girl, saying mummy WOW ;D you must be on cloud nine.

Our update, we have had our little man home for 3 weeks tomorrow and all is going well ;D he is such a little treasure. He had the chicken pox after 1 week but he is all clear now, just one or two scabs left ::).

This week has been my 1st week on my own as DH has been on a training course. I did have a bit of a wobble yesterday, he was a bit off and so was I, and we spent most of the day on our own!! which was not good, as i felt a bit down. So glad when DH got home, had a little cry :'( and a hug and felt much better.  :)

Today has been back to normal, he has been happy and smiling, ;D the HV came this morning and we went out for lunch with my sis this afternoon.

Off to mum and toddler in the morning and the SW review in the afternoon.

Sorry I am not upto date with everyone news but good luck to you all where ever you are upto. Welcome Laine :)

Chat soon

Mandyxxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Karen - Thanks for adding me to the list.  I can't wait to see my name moving up to the top!

Cindy - Can't wait to share my journey with you all.  I remember when you started yours!

Pam - Hope you get your one to one soon.

Ever - I loved reading your post especially about your little girl calling you mummy.  So sweet and what a touching moment.

Superal - Be good to get to know you.

Shelly - Hi there and good luck.  Will look out for that book.

Mandy - So pleased to read your news too.  Shame about the chickenpox. 

Thanks to everyone for your welcome messages. :)

I have been busy searching the internet for info on adoption and must say I have found a considerable amount.  The best bit is reading all the nice stories of happy families, although in reality I know it doesn't always work out that way.

Laine x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got some exciting news. ^jumpin^

At very short notice, Ann, Cindy and I managed to meet up today for our first Adoptive Mummies gathering.  All very impromptu (Cindy and I live near each other and Ann's parents are in the same area and she was here visiting) but wonderful to see how lucky we all are to have such gorgeous children.  My little girls are already asking when they can see them again.  So Ann and Cindy great to see you both and to meet your very special children.

Pam -  hope your SW gets better soon and you'll be finished with your home study.

Ever - lovely to read your post.  My little one has said Mama for a couple of months but on Monday it suddenly became Mummy.

Mandy - hugs to you.  Hope you and your little man are feeling better.

Shelly - welcome , I'll add you to the list.

Laine - so happy for you that you are here with us and can't wait to see you move through the list.  A good book is the Adoption Experience by Ann Morris.

Bye for now
love
Karen x

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Girls,

I should be in bed and I know I'm not going to be popular with my DH but there you go.  I'm a bit late getting on because I joined WeighWatchers tonight (have to lose some weight to keep up with my son  ;D) and then ended up spending ages deliberating over my shopping list for tomorrow.

Ever, great to hear about your birthday, you must have been so proud.

Shelley, welcome to the gang, look forward to hearing about your journey.

Mandy glad to hear your little one got over the chicken pox fairly quickly, they do say it's easier when they are younger.  It is a bit hard when they are under the weather and I can understand you getting wobbly.

Laine, like Karen I also read the Adoption Experience and found it an interesting book to read.

Karen, I've sent you an IM but it was great to meet up with you other adoptive Mums and share more stories.  Hopefully next time I'll check my IMs a bit sooner and get more than 12 hours notice.

Hope everyone is well, really ought to got to bed now but I'm also watching a programme about a baby with no face, very sad.

love
Cindy

·
Registered
445 Posts
Everhopeful... your post brought a lump to my throat... I can't even imagine being in that situation.... many congratulations!!!

Thanks for adding me to the list Karen....  was looking for my real name, so it took a while for me to spot it... LOL.

Thanks...

Cx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Karen - Oh I bet you all had a great time meeting up.  Thanks for the book recommendation, I am going to order from Amazon.

Cindy - Good luck with the weight loss.

Hi to everyone else.

Laine x

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi Girls

Laine - hello there - absolutely great to have you on this thread XX - so excited for you!

Well we are the "chosen ones" and are going ahead with the two girls - we have met their sw and will be meeting their foster carers next week.

matching panel is at the end of August so fingers crossed

good luck everyone
Caron - can't wait to follow your journey!
LB
X

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.