Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's our list to start our new home

Karen: Approved at panel on 22nd April. Now awaiting confirmation that we can be Mummy and Daddy to two little girls ^jumpin^. Possible move in date in early November.

Bex (Bex32): Approved at panel in April. Now awaiting confirmation that Bex and DH can be mummy and daddy to a little boy, and one on the way ^jumpin^!! Possible moving in date 5th November.

Caroline W: Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Cindy: Currently doing home assessment. Panel 27th October.

Ann: Currently doing home assessment. Panel 4th November 2004.

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment

Ang (Molly 2003): Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Everhopeful: Currently doing home assessment

Mandy (MSW): Starting home assessment in January

Nat (Crazy): Currently doing home assessment.

Kylie (Boomerang Girl): Allocated SW. prep course Jan/Feb 05.

Homer & Marge: Prep course September.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn): Prep course January?

Nicky: Currently doing assessment

Shannis: Prep course starts 2/9/04

Morgana: Awaiting allocation of SW

Donnalee: Application approved, awaiting course date.

Tracey H: Awaiting course date and visit from Family Placement Officer

Carol (allineedisamircale): Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting? :-\ )

Jo (jolene): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting? :-\ )

Karen x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Karen,

I have IMed you with a thought on your leave.  Just thoughts.

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Karen

Thanks for the new home!  :)

Try not to feel too blue - you're so very nearly there now! Cannot wait to hear your post about meeting your girls! Next Friday is going to be a day to remember!!

Take care

E x  ^cloud9^

PS I've not posted for a while, not much to report - just a couple more home study visits to go and then the wait for panel - we think end Jan/ start Feb so far. At least we get a breather over Xmas time!! Speak soon x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi folks

It is very quiet on here, I hope everyone is ok  :)

I am feeling alot better than I was the other day.  I have come to realise that whatever happens come early November I will be a Mum, whether that is to one or two children then it makes no odds, just being a Mum is what I have dreamed of for years.

I officially finish work next Friday and it can't come a day too soon.  I have so much to do between now and then though.  At least I can make the transition from career girl to mummy by having a few days in between finishing work and ***** moving in.

Panel is tomorrow and both my SW and the kids SW are very very optimistic.  Monday is then the meeting that decides on the introductions plan for the days/week ahead.

My friend is lending me her spare pushchair so that I don't have to push the one round in a double buggy and look a bit of a numpty.

So I'm feeling more positive and back to my optimistic self.  My colleagues are taking me out to lunch tomorrow as it will be our last meeting together before I finish.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Bye for now
Karen x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Karen,  pleased to read you are feeling a little happier and more optimistic! Like you say you will be a Mum early November whatever.  Be thinking of you tomorrow!! Offical comfirmation that you will be a mummy and daddy!! 
One positive aspect is you will have one to one time with your first daughter which will be invaluable for you both and for her.xx :)

All well this end, our SW rung today just to say Hi and she said she will ring us next wed as soon as she has the matching outcome... Still got the ceiling, walls and curtains to make but i am enjoying every minute.  The more xxxx room comes together the more emotional i feel! In a good sense.

Hi to everyone else, will check in tomorrow love Becky xxx ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hiya,

Just wanted to pop in to see how Karen was doing - I'm so thrilled that your little girls with be with you so soon!!  It must be the most amazing, exciting and mind-boggling times of your life!!
I'm thrilled for you, and can't wait to hear how you get on.  :)

Bex - Congrats to you as well!! Jac sounds like a real little sweetie, and very well placed!!  These next few weeks will be amazing for you.  :)

Also,
Kylie - long time no speak!  Hope you're doing ok hun, and hope your dream comes true soon,

Best of luck to all you wonderful ladies,
Marie xx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

Karen,
am just soooooo excited for you, enjoy your leaving meal,the time is gonna fly by now,till you meet your little ones,xxx

love mmmbop,xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^hello^

Just popping in to have a read of this exciting thread  ;D

Karen - Loads of luck for tomorrow and Monday.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi

just popping by too , to see if any news yet!!
Good luck karen , hope everything runs smoothly

love
suzie aka olive xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Karen

Thinking of you sweetheart xxx

Laine

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Wow this thread is getting busy !!!!!!

We are all so taken with Bex and Karens stories that we can't keep away !!!!!!!!!

Its sooooooooooooo exciting !

Love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's official.....

I am a Mummy!!!

They passed our application no problem so we are offially approved to be ***** and *******'s Mummy and Daddy ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

We now have a meeting on Monday to plan the dates and times that we are going to meet them both and then plan moving in dates.

I only have 6 days left and work ^jumpin^. Can't quite believe that this is really happening after all this time, I've been in shock most of the afternoon and now can't stop smiling ;D

Bex and Cindy - not long until your panel days too. Thinking of you both. And Ann not too far behind bex and Cindy either. Wow I can't believe how things have progressed on this thread compared to this time last year.

Right off to go and pinch myself again ;D ;D ;D

Karen x ^pompom^

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Karen and Rich

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just
absolutely
totally
and
utterly
wonderful news!

Loads of love and luck
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
FAB news Karen :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I am blubbing just imagining all you are both feeling right now, you are going to be a MUM AND DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh Boy, this is just too exciting, WILL SOMEONE START A NEW THREAD TO CELEBRATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimj xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
AWWWWW Karen and dh

So so happy for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking foeard to all the details etc

lots and lots of love
Starrxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! WOW

i have been checking thread all day!!

Fanbloomingtastic

love
suzie aka olive x

·
Registered
931 Posts
BRILLIANT NEWS !! CONGRATULATIONS KAREN & RICHARD !!

^clapping^ ^congrats^ ^itsagirl^ ^jumpin^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^cloud9^ ^hugme^ ^jumpin^ ^itsagirl^ ^afro^

So very pleased for you both - I'm grinning from ear to ear ;D, Cannot imagine how good you must be feeling!!

Well done Mummy & Daddy

xxxxxxx

·
Registered
229 Posts
How marvelous.
Congratulations karen & richard!!
can't wait to hear more
wizz

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Congratulations Mummy Karen and Daddy Richard!!!!

So chuffed for you, you are both going to be fab!

Enjoy your last working days!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
;D ;D  Fantastic!!!! Congratulations Karen and Richard!!! A Mummy and Daddy at last!!! We are so thrilled for you!!  ;D  It must be a wonderful feeling to know that your daughters are only a short wait away!! They are two very lucky little girls!!  LOts of love to you and Rich xx love Becky xxx ^reiki^

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.