Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
List courtesty of Karen ........

Karen: Panel 22nd April (approved). Now awaiting a suitable match. Identified one group in BMP. Waiting to hear if we can be their Mummy and Daddy.

Cindy: Currently doing home assessment

Carol: Currently doing home assessment

Ann: Currently doing home assessment

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment

Ang: Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Everhopeful: Course nearly completed and awaiting allocation of SW

Jo: Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW

Mandy (MSW): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW

Nat: Awaiting allocation of SW

Kylie: Awaiting allocation of SW, prep course November?

Angel: Open evening July

Homer & Marge: Just starting out

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Karen!

I've only just seen your wonderful news - I'm so pleased for you that Rich said "yes" and that you could have your wonderful little girls with you soon. I have my fingers and toes crossed that the panel will decide you are all a "perfect match".

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
931 Posts
;D Hiya ladies

Just to keep you updated - We have now completed our prep course (and found it very interesting) and have already been allocated our SW - who we will meet next week. So onwards and upwards to home study (fingers crossed anyway!!).

Best wishes to everyone else.

S x ^banana^

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Another update from us. We are waiting to go on the course in September '04 and have been told assessment should take us until March '05.

Homer and Marge

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Everhopeful - Congrats on finishing the course and I hope you get your meetings scheduled in a.s.a.p.

Homer and Marge - good to hear that you are booked on the course, September will be here before you know it.

Cindy - hope you've had a good time in Rome. Don't feel pressured by the social worker to do the PC thing if its not what you want, at the end of the day you will know when you see the one's for you.

Kylie - Hope you are having a good time in Aus.

To everyone else - thank you all for your good luck messages. Kim - sadly the holidays are the Sw's otherwise I would have cancelled them like a shot!! She is due to ring me tomorrow with some more information as she is reading their form in depth.

I'll keep you posted.

TTFN
love
Karen x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Updated list with people's progress....

Karen: Panel 22nd April (approved). Now awaiting a suitable match. Identified one group in BMP (1 of each) and are up against another couple for two little girls. Waiting to hear if we can be their Mummy and Daddy.

Cindy: Currently doing home assessment

Carol: Currently doing home assessment

Ann: Currently doing home assessment

Ruth: Currently doing home assessment

Ang: Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Everhopeful: Waiting for home study to start. SW allocated.

Jo: Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW

Mandy (MSW): Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW

Nat: Awaiting allocation of SW

Kylie: Awaiting allocation of SW, prep course November?

Angel: Open evening July

Homer & Marge: Prep course September.

Don't forget to let me know your progress so I can update the list and pleae let me know if I am a bit slow and have not got it right ^stupid^

Karen x ;D

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Karen

I meant the SW's. :) They should wait till they have placed your children with you. I know i am being cheeky but didnt want you to have to wait. ;)

Love Kimx x x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Karen
Just popped in to wish you luck, I hope your SW ring you with good information tomorrow ;D

Take care
Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Folks

I've heard from the SW today and she has given us a lot more information, there were some things for us to look into but we have done that already this evening and are ok with them.

We know alot now about their backgrounds. The children's SW should be getting back to our SW by the end of the week. She has already seen our forms and is interested.

Our SW is now sending us their forms to read in more detail and for us to make a firm decision about progressing. The situation is still us and one other couple who have been matched with them. Just have to wait now to meet their SW and put our case forward.

I'll keep you all updated as soon as I hear anything.

Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Awwwww fingers crossed Karen. If your meant to have them you will get them. I really hope you do though.

Love Kimx x x

·
Registered
931 Posts
:D hi everyone!

Just wanted to come on and share my feelings (hope you dont mind?!!)

There seems to have been so much happen in the last few days and my emotions are all over the place!
My best friend announced that she is expecting - after sadly miscarrying late last year. I am so very happy for her. Didnt think Id ever feel so chuffed that someone else is pregnant!!
Then over the weekend we had the 1st anniversary of the day I had egg retrieval for 1st time. Awful memories of the physical pain and feeling so scared.
Tomorrow is a year to the day that I had our miracle embryos replaced. Memories of excitement and overwhelming love and feeling in awe of them. Wanting to protect and hold on to them. I know tomorrow will be a very emotional day for me - and I will try not to make a fool of myself at work!!
And then to top it all - we've met our SW and set the dates for our home study to start!! NEXT WEEK.... AAARRRGHH!!!!! We are so excitied!
Finally we feel like we can plan ahead and know that we will be a Mummy & Daddy one day.

So thats enough about me - thanks for listening!

Karen - best of luck, keeping fingers & toes crossed for you!

Mandy - have you heard anything yet? Keep me posted!

Take care,

E x ^pompom^

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Everhopeful

You will always have memories of the milestones you reached in dealing with IF. Like you I have found it easier to accept that other people are pg. I think it is to do with the fact that conciously we have moved on and are satisified that we will achieve motherhood someday, just not the natural way. I do still find though that people hide things from me or don't tell me when they tell others. That for me hurts more than the fact they are pg. I hope today passes without too much pain or difficulty.

I hope all goes well for your first visit next week. I am sure everything will be fine. Don't bank on the planning ahead!!! I don't know whether I am coming or going at the moment. I have so many things I want to do before I break up at work and so many things I need to tell people but things move on so quickly in my line of work that I can't do it until the week before I go.

Bye for now
Love
Karen x

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Guys,

Well as I said i just could not wait for the 2 weeks so gave SS a call on friday to see if we had been allocated our SW. :eek:

I spoke to the head SW who said that the whole team would be on holiday for the next 2 weeks, but that she thought our SW was going to be a lady called Joanne, so I hope for her to be in touch the week of the 9th of Aug, or else i will be on the phone again. i think they know me well already. ;D ;D

But she is sending us some forms etc in the post to fill in, so it is a little step futher.

Dh and i are also off for the next 2 weeks, our plan for this week is to start on the 2 spare bedrooms, getting them in some kind of order, so today we have been to Ikea and ordered wardrobes for one of the rooms (Nesting, hee,hee) i can't wait to start filling it with kiddy things but will hold back for a little longer .

Everhopeful, as above we have still not got a date for our home visits to start yet!!! you must be sooooooo excited. ;D ;D.

I know what you mean about memories, for me this weekend would have been my due date :'( but i have got through it by keeping busy and focused on my new journey of adoption. I do really feel that making this decision to adopt has given me the strength to face what has happened in the past, but like you I will always have sad memories, i just hope that this time next year they will be replaced by happy ones. :)

Keep me posted on you first visit. :eek:

Karen, Just to say I am so glad you and Dh have made the decision :) :) but sorry you now have this wait and testing time, but I am sure they will pick the best mummy and daddy(you too) and you will be a family very soon. Thanks for keeping the list upto date it really helps to see where we all are at.

Chat soon. Mandyxxx :-*

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
E - thinking of you today, and hope the day is not too raw emotionally. Great that things are moving ahead for you on the adoption front.

Karen - so exciting that things are brining you nearer and nearer to your being a mummy and daddy. The two girls sound perfect, so keeping everything crossed that their destiny is with you

Fee xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Ladies

Just a quickie, we've just got back from a great break in Rome (it was a reminder of all the great things you can do without kids, but we're sticking to our original plans ;)). We're off again on Saturday, going to the coast with my sisters' kids, 5, 7 and 10 so I'm praying the sun shines.

Karen, again what can I say, fingers crossed you get to meet the SW soon so that she can see for yourself what a deserving couple you are.

E and Mandy, I think we all have been through those akward dates. Once we have our new families there won't be time to think of anything, we'll be too exhausted!!! I'm pleased that things are moving on for the both of you.

We've got our next visit in a couple of weeks and we're going to tackle her on this whole pigeon holing by ethnicity thing that she seems to be doing. She's interviewing my parents tomorrow as one of our sets of referees.

How is everyone else doing, things seem to be a bit quiet from the rest of the group?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

love
Cindy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have been so mad busy over the past few months that it has been hard to post on here - hopefully things will calm down now. We have our last visit (we hope) with our social worker tomorrow although I am sure there wil be bits to fill in next week!!! we are then off to Canada for 2 weeks then home to work on our welcome book..... :) we are still aiming to go to panel the first week in Oct - I am sure it will be here very quickly. We are going for 3 or 4 children and our social worker thinks that they will be with us sooner rather than later!!!!! We are excited but also very nervous and wondering what it will be like - I have every intention of enjoy our last holiday on our own!
It is great to read how everyone is getting on - I hope you get some good news soon Karen xxx
We had a bbq at the wknd with all of the people that were on the course with us - it was great to meet up again and I think that they will be our support network. We were saying how different it might be when we have the same bbq next year!!!!
hope you all have a great weekend - we have my hubbies parents 40th wedding anniversary do on Saturday so lots of running around preparing for that too!!!!!!!! roll on our holiday!

Lots of love Ann xxx

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hiya all from sunny downunder. I am on my dad's computer so have to make it short. Karen I am itching to find out about the two girls! I hope it all goes through okay.
Simon rang me to say our SW was allocated, rang monday hoping to catch me before i went and has arranged a visit for the 23rd or 25th August- just after I get back, and it is still looking like the november prep course. Very exciting stuff!
great to see my nephew again, he is totally fab but I am having to bite my tongue a bit as he hasn't yet been taught what no means, and is running riot at present!
still, he is so lovely.... soon maybe we will have our own little ones!
much love to all
kylie
x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there everyone, I wanted to come on and say hello as I am looking into adoption at the mo. We recently failed our last ICSI, and are still licking our wounds. Also our due date was yesterday from the baby I miscarried after my 3rd ICSI, so I know mentally and emotionally we are not ready to commence on our adoption journey yet.

That said I put a call into our local authority this morning and felt very cheered by the positivity shown to our approach. The duty s/w was great in going thru all the requirements and we went into our situ in a little detail, at the end of the call she recommended us to write in once we have received the pack and request to go on the waiting list.

My main question to her was that I was concerned at having to wait a year to approach as I felt that we have been able to come to terms with our situation as we have gone thru it and that a year would be a little harsh. After lots of questions she agreed with me, so I do feel pretty pleased that we are advised to apply sooner. She did mention that it can take a year to get to assessment anyway, so any other thoughts can be dealt with along the way.

Am pleasantly surprised by this, also the assurance that there have been quite a few under 2's placed and that given our chat she would encourage us to apply. Has this been the case for others out there or have I hit gold first try?

Fingers crossed to you all going thru it all, am hoping this is the place for me, I have been on an infertility site for so many years I feel a little lost there now as we have decided to leave the treatment side.
Love
Amanda x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Everyone

Ann - sounds like you have been going great guns on your home assessment. When do they think you will be going to panel? What age bracket are you going for then if you are going for 3 or 4 children? :eek:. I can barely get my head around having two never mind 3 or 4. I know that there are alot of sibling group's of larger sizes from Be My Parent. Our introduction SW joked that with 3 spare rooms which are all doubles we could fit two sets of bunk beds in each and have 12!!!! Sory for all the questions, but nice to hear from you again. its funny we've not kept in touch with anyone from our course, but then again SS haven't passed on their contact details as they keep promising.

Kylie - Glad to hear you are having a good time in Aus 8) and that whilst you have been away things have progressed for you. hopefully you will have got over the jet lag before the visit.

Amanda - welcome to the board. When we first applied we had only got it into our heads to go for one child first and then another later as we thought we would stand more chance of a smaller one. what i was told was that you are more likely to get a smaller one if you have a sibling group and so we decided to go with that idea and do it all in one hit. we are currently matched to two little girls who will be 2 and 1 both in November.

Different Social Services have different rules on how long you have to wait and dependent upon what treatment you have. We didn't have to wait at all as we had not got as far as having treatment.

I hope you get your pack soon and onto the waiting list.

We received the forms for the girls yesterday, still no photo's and now have all the details about their background, parents, health and progress. Just need to wait to meet their SW. I just keep telling myself we have 50/50 chance so more chance with this than we would have had with ICSI.

Bye for now
Love
Karen x ;D

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.