Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's our list to start our new home

Karen:  Approved at panel on 22nd April.  Now awaiting confirmation that we can be Mummy and Daddy to two little girls .  Possible move in date in early November.

Bex (Bex32):  Approved at panel in April.  Now awaiting confirmation that Bex and DH can be mummy and daddy to a little boy, and one on the way !! Possible moving in date 5th November.

Caroline W:  Approved at panel in September, now awaiting a suitable match.

Cindy:  Currently doing home assessment.  Panel 27th October.

Ann:  Currently doing home assessment.  Panel 4th November 2004.

Ruth:  Currently doing home assessment

Ang (Molly 2003):  Course completed awaiting allocation of SW

Everhopeful:  Currently doing home assessment

Mandy (MSW):  Starting home assessment in January

Nat (Crazy):  Currently doing home assessment.

Kylie (Boomerang Girl):  Allocated SW.  prep course Jan/Feb 05.

Homer & Marge:  Prep course September.

Nicola (NickyDuncanFinn):  Prep course January?

Nicky:  Currently doing assessment

Shannis:  Prep course starts 2/9/04

Morgana:  Awaiting allocation of SW

Donnalee:  Application approved, awaiting course date.

Tracey H:  Awaiting course date and visit from Family Placement Officer

Carol (allineedisamircale):  Currently doing home assessment (not sure if Carol is still posting?    )

Jo (jolene):  Course completed, awaiting allocation of SW (not sure if Jolene is still posting?  )

Karen x 

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Karen & Becky,

Just read through your latest posts and I feel so over come with emotion.  The tears are streaming down my face.

Your news is just so wonderful.

Hello to everyone else here too x x

Laine x

·
Registered
112 Posts
Karen & Becky,

I have followed your stories for a long while and overjoyed to see how things are progressing.  This time next week will be so exciting for the both of you!  I cant imagine how happy you must feel to finally be Mummys & Daddys.

I'm especially pleased to ready your news as DP & I have just made the decision to end our IVF journey and will look into adoption after we have had a break and bought our new 'family' home in preparation!

Cindy - you are not far behind and Im hoping for good news for you before Christimas.

Well done all on a positive and inspriational thread.

Love
Max

·
Registered
24 Posts
Karen & Becky,

I too have been reading this thread for many months and am really pleased for you both that your are finally going to achieve your dreams! The next couple of weeks are going to be fantastic - what an amazing Christmas you're going to have!

Thanks to all for such a positive and inspirational thread.  May all our dreams come true!

Helen

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi all!!  Great halloween make over fert friends!!Thanks...

Firstly thank you to everyone who has written in to say congrats and send well wishes, you have all been such a morale boost you will never know! Just remember you were me this time last year at the start of our adoption journey, so keep positive and allow yourselves to dream!!
Cindy when we were first approached about xxxx it was Aug 13th and we too had to wait untill 27th Sept to hear if he was freed for adoption.  He recieved a care order so things could progress and we are still awaiting the freeing order, however this wont stop us having him home.  We then had to wait untill 27th Oct to be formally matched.  A nervous time, but we, like yourselves were the only couple in the picture so i would be very optimistic at your situation.  Sit tight you will be fine xx

Day 2 visit... xxxx is so much still a baby, he is 16 months and i admit i worried he would be more like a toddler which i had adjusted to, but he is such a little character.  He was surrounded by toys when we arrived happily playing...He smiled when he saw us and his FM was saying look its mummy and daddy, he straight away let us pick him up and kiss him.. It was awesome! The camera ran out of batteries on the first piccie which was a shame but plenty of time for piccies!! We played and then went into the garden.  We put him down and in less than 1 second he had found a puddle and splash he was flithy!! Opps!!  Then i felt he was tired so i put him to bed with his FM and 1 hr later Rob and i woke him up and brought him downstairs.  He was fine, no tears. I then fed him his dinner and we played in the garden a bit more.  After 3 hours we left, he gave us kisses goodbye and we said we would see him again tomorrow...We went shopping after our visit and brought his nappies now we no his size... He is a woppa!! A rugby player in the making!! Then we came home and made the house xxxx friendly.  He picks up everything, so bye bye to my wonderful simple yet tasteful displays of bowls and clay pots etc, a small price to pay for becoming his mummy and daddy.  Were going to be fine!! I am under no illusion he may be a bit of a handful but bring it on i say!! Our life is going to be so different but so exciting!!  Bit of a long one tonight... Love to you all.  Hopr your day went well as well Karen.  Strange we pick the children up at the same time... I will so feel for the FP, they have had him for 11 months and love him too bits.. Will be upsetting for all, but a new life for us all..  Will post tomorrow lots of love Becky xxx :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awww Becky

How lovely for you and Rob....more tears for me xx

Laine

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Becky, just had a read back on the last thread and loved reading about the first meeting you and your dh had with your son  :) 

Can't help but  :'( so many happy tears every time I read this thread.  It's just so exciting too  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

Not long now until you and Karen have your children with you at home, where they belong! 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Becky
Just so choked up reading your post of you meeting xxxxxxx - just those little things, like picking him up, and getting him up after his nap. It is so lovely to read.
The FM sounds lovely too - I thought that was a lovely touch saying here come Mummy and Daddy. You must have been so choked!
Lots of love
Fee xxxxxxx

·
Registered
334 Posts
wow becky what a lovely post- you just described the day most of us dream about. It is so nice to hear positive stories, it really happening and all that!

nice halloween makeover too- made my day when I logged on and it was all spooky!
this thread keeps moving faster and faster these days- so exciting!

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Bex

Your time spent with your son sounds wonderful, it is very emotional reading this thread at the moment, i can feel the love you have for your son shining through your posts.

Mel

x x

·
Registered
931 Posts
Becky - WOW!!! What a lovely story!!!

It suddenly brings home how real this all is! My friends and colleagues are getting so serious about things - and I cannot seem to see it as real at the moment! We go to panel early Feb and although we then have our waiting time until matching, it seems to be coming round very quickly!! I suppose that's what we are all here for - to become Mummy's!! I think it's because we've dreamt about it for more years than I can remember and talked about it non-stop for years - all of a sudden, it's getting closer to reality!!! Scary! But wonderful.

Lovely hearing of your meeting with xxxxx - you must feel so much love and pride!  ^eyes^

Hope your son is home with you very very soon xx

PS Happy Halloween everyone - love the forum overhaul!  ^bat^

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi everyone..... wow so much has been happening on this thread! unfortunatly our computer died about 6 weeks ago and we have only just replaced it.  I am so excited and happy for you Karen and Bex i bet you can't believe it  ;D I can't begin to imagine how happy you both must be at the moment.  We are both looking forward but also anxious about Thursday - just not sure what to expect.  I still have lots to do on our welcome book so I will be busy this week.  It is Jon's 30th birthday on Weds so hopefully being approved will be his best pressie  ::) This thread is so exciting xx
lots of love and happiness to everyone - next year should hopefully be alot better for many of us xx

Ann xxxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Every one Hope your all ok, thanks for your messages, there all great to read..
Day Three...
We picked xxxx up at 12.15 and at first he was a bit unsure but after 10 mins we were away.. We took him to the park in his new buggy, with one of the FP kids just so he felt secure, after a while when he seemed settled with us, the ** left and we were on our own.  Just Rob, me and xxxx.  It felt very normal, we played in the park, took lots of piccies and the walked for about 2 miles chatting.  xxxx had fallen asleep so we had our dinner at good old tesco and then woke xxx and gave him his.  He was fine, quite happy to be with us.  I did get a bit flustered when Rob when to buy a bottle of water and xxxx became a bit fidgety and wanted to get off my lap, which resulted in the buggy tipping over as i took my foot off it and me looking embarressed but hey who cares he was happy and so were we... We then walked back to the FP after another play in the park... He blew kisses when we left and when to put his shoes on as we did, which was nice... We feel very positive that he will adapt to us from his FP, have no doubt there will be tears but given time he will be ok... We were given more clothes and stair gates today from friends so i am sure the neighbours must be gagging to know what is going on!!  Time will tell... Will let u know how tomorrow goes 12.00 visit tomorrow...  Take care love Becky xxx ;D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Becky sounds like you are having a wonderful time.  We had a lovely day yesterday and went shopping with ***** and her FM.  We brought her a new teddy bear from the bear factory.  I don't know if any of you have these local to you, but your choose your bear and they fill it for you and then you have it stitched, but before you do you have to choose him a heart and make a wish and they sew the heart inside.  You then get a birth certificate for it.  We haven't named him yet but once ***** starts to call him someting we will write his name on his birth certificate. 

She had a great time bombing around in the pushchair with her Dad and she know knows who you are talking about if you say Mummy or Daddy.  She has got a Cosy Coupe car which came home with us last night, her first possession to be brought home.  She was really well behaved at bath time last night and didn't winge too much about having her hair washed (she really hates it).  But then came the worst bit.  She was just so tired but wouldn't go to bed.  In the end her FM came upstairs and put her down and said to me and Rich that we had to be strong and walk away and let her cry it off.  I hate leaving kids like that but I know deep down that she was right.  It felt like leaving it on a real low but I know she will be full of beans this morning.

Today we plan to go to the library and for a walk and then we might play in the garden.  Tomorrow is her first day with us but not sure she will be too impressed as it will be shopping again.  She needs a new winter coat so her FM said she would pay for this out of her allowance, but they didn't have any in her size yesterday.  Then Wednesday we have her all to ourselves.

Right best get sorted got loads of jobs to do before tomorrow morning including like Becky making the house child proof and moving all the things little fingers love to touch.

Bye for now
Love
Karen x

PS Ann - If I don't get chance beforehand good luck for Thursday.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Karen & Bex

Thankyou both for sharing your days with us. I love hearing your news and cant wait till you have your children home with you all the time.

Good luck to everyone else on this thread. Am looking forward to following more experiences.

love Kimx x x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Bex and Karen
So lovely to hear your news.

Karen - the sleep thing is a hard one. xxxx is having a lot to adjust to at the moment. Laura went through a real spell of "stay with me mummy", and it seemed to go on forever! We use storytapes after I've read a story. I think the "walk away and let them cry" one is really really tough!  Once you are all home you'll get more settled and confident.

These new families in the making are so exciting!

Fee xxxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi every one, no news tonight as our visit had to be cancelled unfortunately due to one of the FP little boys hurting himself.  Family obviously come first, so we will see xxxx tomorrow instead.  Today was therefore classed as a reflection day which is a day off you have to have some where in the introductions... Keep watching the video and cannot believe he is ours....this time next week he hopefully will be tucked up in his cot and we will be anxiously watching over him!! That day can't come quick enough!! I still feel i am in a dream and i don't think the reality of the situation will hit home untill he is here... I just hope he settles ok and that the move is as least traumatic as it can be... Poor little chap won't no what is going on!!  Were blessed that his FP 's home is so full of activity he is a very social chap, but i am sure he will know something has changed...time will tell.. have been reading toddler taming by Dr C Green which reasures me xxxx is a normal 16 month old.... its a good book.. Hope you are all well.. thanks for the messages lol Becky xx ^reiki^ :) ::)

·
Registered
65 Posts
ps....Karen really pleased to read all is going well your end!! you sound like your doing a great job... I do find it all a bit artificial,  xxxx will settle in the Fp house because he feels secure in the surroundings, what will be the challenge will be when they bring him here! the FP also agree that the introductions should of focused of more in our house prior to placement, xxxx wont see his new home untill Thurs and then moves in on the monday... What do u feel? be good to hear your opinion love Becky xx :)

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Wow girls - this thread is just beautiful  :)

I love reading about your days with your children - its just wonderful.

love

Debs xxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Bex

Sorry to hear about your visit being cancelled but if you feel as knackered as I do then a day off won't hurt.  ***** is having her first day with us today and everyday until she moves in (except Saturday, which is our day off) she is spending at our house.  To be honest I haven't even got a clue what day of the week it is!!

We had a lovely day yesterday.  We arrived at the FP's house and asked if we could take her out.  Sadly the place we had decided upon was closed, so she had a snooze in the car and we ended up having lunch in waitrose coffee shop!!  Bath time is getting easier with her, she is fine with me washing her hair now and we have taught her a few things which she has been so chuffed to show her FM.  We had a chat about the bedtime thing and we agreed that it is so confusing for her for us to put her to bed at the FP's house.  We have agreed what we will do about setting up a routine to make it easier for us and the FM did say that with all the upheavel she has had in her life it will take her a little while to settle so next week could be quite entertaining.

Lots of jobs to do before she arrives today, so I'll check in later or in the morning.  Bye for now

Love
Karen x

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.