Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

Thought I would start a new thread as we seem to be posting in lots of different threads at the minute and some of them are over 12 months old! Any chance one of the global mod gods can lock it off (thanks)?

Becky - good luck for the course, you will find it really interesting. Must be a good day as that is when we start our home study part too.

My SW has said that he thinks we will go to panel in Feb and then given that we are looking to take a sibling group of two children that we should be matched relatively quickly. So my dream of next summer off work should be a reality! You watch though, just because i'm off, we won't have a summer like this one!!

Virginia - Thanks for your IM, I have responded directly to you.

BevH - not sure if you are still considering this as an option, hope you are keeping well and that you and Garry both enjoyed the big 40.

I'm not sure who else is still lurking on the adoption pages either looking to start or like me and Becky are starting on the journey. It would be great to hear from you all.

It is difficult to share some of the information about adoption because of protecting the process, but I will share as much as I can.

Good luck
love
Karen x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Karen,

I see you have your SW visit today - hope all goes well - will be thinking of you, i cannot believe how far you have come (especialy after all those little hiccups with placing you with a SW)

hugs

Mel

x x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carol and Mel

Thanks for your good wishes, but it looks like the hiccups are continuing.

We had a phone call at nine o clock to say he was sick. It seems like we have been allocated the social worker from hell as all he seems to do is be on holiday or be off sick. Hopefully if it all goes to plan we should have the kids in April which means it will have taken 14 months in all, but it is now 4 months since we finished our course without any further progress.

He is due round again next Wednesday, so watch this space!

Love
Karen x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Karen

What can i say - SW's are well i cant repeat it :p

I hope he jolly well gets off his sick bed by next weds otherwise we will have to go drag him out.

Mel

x x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well news from Social Services. Our Sw is now going to be on long term sick so won't be able to do our case, so we have now officially been reallocated to another social worker who will be contacting us in the next few days to get the ball moving again.

Thankfully this time they didn't have to wait for me to call them, they actually rang me.

The allocations manager has said that if god forbid something goes wrong with this allocated SW then she will personally deal with our case.

So no SW visit as per the calendar tomorrow, but hopefully a whole series of appointments will be sorted by the end of the week.

Hope everyone else on the adoption journey is doing well.

I'll keep you all posted.
Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Karen
Glad to they rung you.
Hope you can get some appointments sorted by the end of the week, sounds like they are trying to get it sorted, so they should
Take care
Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dear Karen
How many more times are they going to mess you around ^furious^ ^furious^ ^furious^ ^smash^ ^smash^
Let's hope they finally get their act together and finally get things on motion - poor children having to wait again........ Good luck, love Bev H xxx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Karen

What are those SW's playing at :mad: - i am glad that they rang you at least - i hope they get there act together and see you soon for your sake - or is it for there sake if us lot get hold of them ^smash^ ^furious^.

Lots love

Mel

x x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good News!! (well I won't hold my breath given events over recent weeks)

I have made contact with our new SW and she is coming round next Thursday. She sounds really nice and will hopefully get us back on track.

I'll keep you all posted.

Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Nice on Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the new SW is better than the last!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Karen,

Glad that things seem to be on the up with the new SW.

Hope things will now get moving for you.

Love

Allie

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Karen
Glad to here that things are moving again for you..another step closer!!
luv
juel xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Karen

Hope it wont be too long now, and this new SW has some common sense and gets things moving.

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Karen,

great news - look forward to hearing that you had a succesful visit and your new SW is fab (lets hope so ;D)

Love

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Dear Karen and dh

Just noticed you have a s/w visit today and it's the first one!!!!!!!

Hope it all goes smoothly and you aren't tooooo nervous!

Wishing you all the best

Good luck
Love Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Karen,

Lots of luck with the new S/W today - i hope she gets things moving for you again,

Much love, Lizzy xx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well at long last things are finally moving. I was so nervous today, didn't really know what to expect.

She has basically set up six dates with us to do the assessment. Next week I am having my individual meeting with her, when I will have to talk to her about my childhood, education, employment, relationships etc. I also have to prepare a written piece on this too.

She's taken alot of details from us today and is now starting to generate some of the stuff that we will need to do.

I am feeling alot more relieved that things are finally happening ;D. Will wait to see what the rest of the process brings but just pleased to have got this far now ;D.

Will keep you all updated. Thanks for the good wishes.

Love
Karen x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Karen

I am so pleased that at long last things are getting there, i have been waiting for your post and its fantastic matey.

You take care

mel

x x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Glad today went well and you can move forward again Karen!

Love Sue
xxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sue

I have just seen your bio at the bottom of your message OMG I can't believe I have missed your news.

Can understand the scared feelings, but have my fingers toes and everything crossed for your scan.

Love
Karen x

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.