Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How common is this?  My embies have survived the thaw today, but have lost 2 cells each - frozen on day 3.  The clinic say its excellant news, but I'm still a worrier!

Anyone else had this and gone on to success?

Marie xxx

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Marie - hope I can offer some reassurance.  Our two embies were also frozen on Day 3 one had 5 cells the other 9.  Both survivied the thaw.  The 5 cell one survived intact, the 9 cell one lost one cell.  I was also concerned about this, but our embryologist said he wasn't at all worried and any loss upto 50% was perfectly acceptable.

As you know I'm 2 weeks short of term with our singleton.  Okay, we don't know which of the embies this one is, yes it could be the 5 cell one that didn't  lose any cells. BUT both embies did implant, we lost the second one at around six weeks, so it would seem that losing a cell did not stop our embie from carrying on dividing and implanting and starting to develop.  I doubt very much that it stopped developing because it lost a cell that early on.

Hope that offers some reassurance - GO BIT & BOB  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love
Dawn

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Marie - I became a bit of an expert on thawing of embryos unfortunatly as all of our embroys probably 20 odd in total always perished in the thaw. Never found out why, however so far as I am aware loosing cells during the defrost is totally normal so I would think positive if I were you  :) Nothing there for you to worry about so far.

Cant wait to hear how your ET goes, soo exciting! WIll be watching you all the way.

Lots and lots of love

Lou xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks girls - When we arrived at 2pm for transfer, the embies had grown 2 more cells each and both looked good  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marie xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
wow that sounds fantastic Marie, wow! Tons of luck to you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
ps wanna see that profile pic, looks funny, is that Ethan?

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lou, its me on the transfer table and ethan underneath!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Marie,
I am thrilled for you and your transfer.  It is typical for cell loss during FET but you know we have a beautiful frisky little girl because of a FET.  I will be thinking of you and sending you tons of angel dust.
Virginia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.